Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

17 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

WTAF? Thought Nigel was all for countries controlling their borders.

Wait till Nigel finds out Novak turned down British citizenship to stay Serbian.

Court case starts 11pm our time, supposed to be live on here.

https://secure.quickchannel.com/qc/create/mainshow.asp?ID=nobroadcast&STATICLIVE=1&PRODUCER_ID=ability1421&SESSIONID=34AB945B00000000306141321DCEAE14&VMR=room20@fedcourt.gov.au

If the court submissions are anything to go by it's unlikely to be riveting. 

It does seem to be a massive clusterfuck on all sides.  It does seem that Tennis Australia is massively at fault for giving out the wrong information.
Looking through documentation the prior infection would only give you an exemption only if it was the reason you could not get vaccinated.
I’d be very surprised to see him win his appeal.  Fully expect him to be getting deported by the time I get up tomorrow morning.  The other two using the same exemption as Novak have been deported already.
This isn’t new in tennis VISA mix ups occur  and Medvedev was not allowed to compete in GB Challengers a few years ago because of a visa mix up.  I am pretty sure there was a hold up in his visa for getting into the states this summer for his us open win.  But would have to look it up.

Anyway Murray will play a qualifier on Tuesday and if he wins he will play #2 seed Basilashvili in round 2.  He beat him the last time they played, so not the worse draw he could get.

I don't think he'll be deported at all tbh. He'll stay and play....but the natives on laver will be very restless...

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Apparently keeps dropping out according to local media. None have updated for over half an hour. 

Don't think we're missing much, from what I managed to see it's like one of these interminable arguments on here with 2 pedants disagreeing on the definition of "the". They've stopped to throw a few chops and prawns on the barbie and sink a couple of tinnies or three, back at 4.15 4.45 am our time.

P.S. They've set up a new feed.

Edited by welshbairn

Wow, Government side has caved without putting its case, Judge orders Djokovic's to be released in half an hour. Government lawyer warns that Immigration Minister is considering revoking his visa again and deporting him though.

Edited by welshbairn

It's now up to the immigration minister to cancel his visa again, or just let him be.  The likelihood if he contests a second cancellation it won't be heard before the First Round starts.

Also if he is cancelled again by the minister he will be deported and not allowed back for three years.

Edited by Loki