Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

With the incident Zverev gets defaulted and he loses all points from the competition and that 0 will remain on his rankings for a year.  An absolute clown.

Andy did well, but ultimately left too many balls short for Sinner to hit.  He has already accepted a wild card for Miami and will be offered one for Indian Wells if he wants it.  Although he has said he won’t play the clay there will still be hard court challengers to play in that time before the grass.

The big four dominance is over.  For the first time since Feb 2004 when Roger Federer over took Andy Roddick there will be a new number one that isn’t named Federer, Nadal, Djokovic or Murray.

On 11/01/2022 at 09:01, Arabdownunder said:

They should cancel his visa midway through a match. Immigration officials storming onto the court during a third set tie-break. More entertaining than tennis.

Please share with me some information about Canada visa processing time Pakistan. I want to go there on education based. This is very important information for me.

Edited by jimmywood74

3 minutes ago, jimmywood74 said:

Please share with me some information about Canada visa processing time Pakistan. I want to go there on education based. This is very important information for me.

Here's a question we weren't expecting on the Pie and Bovril tennis thread. Think you're in the wrong place jimmy. 

Not sure if it's confirmed who is with him for Indian Wells, Dani Vallverdu, Colin Fleming or someone else but Murray is still looking for an assistant coach both of them have other commitments but wouldn't be surprised if it was Fleming. 

Wimbledon may be his best chance of making the 2nd week of a major again. Was looking yesterday at the best results for the current top 20 at Wimbledon and, with 2020 not held, quite a few either haven't much experience on the grass or never performed well on it so plenty seeds he would fancy himself against. Ideal draw would be someone like Carreno Busta who is 0-6.

Hopefully he can get to June injury free and with some success in the challengers if he decides to play the two hard court tournaments in April.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, betting competition said:

Lovely gesture but not sure his 'winnings' will amount to much

258k already this year.

Murray drawn in Novak Djokovic 16th.  Will play a qualifier, then Bublik and then scheduled to face Novak. 

Novak hasn’t withdrawn from the competition so he won’t get a 0 in his ranking until the competition is finished, which means he’ll return to number one on Monday.  A lucky loser will replace him, if he withdraws before the first schedule is named.  If not the seeds are rejigged.