Michael Jackson ( deid )

Pars fan

So. . .what's the pie and bovril view about Jacko? Is he a BEAST or a misunderstood adult; trapped in an infants body? I've always thought that Jackson was one of the best performer's out there - but lately, as his performances have been outstanding when I've been wasted, it's been concerning that I may be singing along to A deviant. . .What is the opinion of the p and bovril masses? Obviously he's no Freddie but I need answers. Thank you.

I've always found adult men who enjoy the music of Michael Jackson to be a bit weird. Not necessarily BEASTly weird, but socially inadequate weird.

Na. Don't get me wrong, he's about 7th or 8th in the 'list' but he can do it. Don't be silly.

Na. Don't get me wrong, he's about 7th or 8th in the 'list' but he can do it. Don't be silly.

Really? The idea of a grown man sitting alone in his house listening to "thriller" or "bad" or "smooth criminal" just seems odd to me. It doesn't strike me as music for men, it's pop music for folk who were kids when it came out. The only folk who continue to listen to the pop acts who were the favourites as kids are sad middle-aged housewife types, like Mrs M.

Always enjoy when one of his popular songs comes on, especially when in a shop. Compared to the shit kids listen to these days and all the rubbish usually on in shops, especially the hip and trendy shops I get dragged into by friends, it's a relief if anything

So. . .what's the pie and bovril view about Jacko? Is he a BEAST or a misunderstood adult; trapped in an infants body? I've always thought that Jackson was one of the best performer's out there - but lately, as his performances have been outstanding when I've been wasted, it's been concerning that I may be singing along to A deviant. . .What is the opinion of the p and bovril masses? Obviously he's no Freddie but I need answers. Thank you.

I dont necessarily think he was a BEAST. I think his dad had a lot to do with the way he acted towards certain individuals and situations, he was deprived a childhood so when he was old enough to make his own decisions and had more money than he could handle he tried to claw some of it back and it just came off as creepy and BEAST-like. Musically I think he's an absolute genius and I'm a massive fan. Bad being my favourite album.

Released some great records between the mid 60's to Thriller.

^^^ this. Hilarious that tubes like Kanye West consider themselves in the same class as Jacko in his pomp, or even after.

Two trials brought by families who were willing to accept money instead of a conviction, and acquitted in both. He was obviously a mess as a result of a completely unorthodox childhood and an abusive father. Whether or not this made him a paedophile or just a damaged laddie with bad judgement isn't something you can ascertain from those allegations. His whole obsession with wanting to be around weans probably makes some kind of psychological sense when you consider it doesn't seem like something he ever got to do when it was age-appropriate.

Can't say that I'd ever have trusted him alone with my son, however, purely because he didn't seem to have an adult sense of responsibility and consequence, never mind any possible sexual deviance.

^^^ this. Hilarious that tubes like Kanye West consider themselves in the same class as Jacko in his pomp, or even after.

Two trials brought by families who were willing to accept money instead of a conviction, and acquitted in both. He was obviously a mess as a result of a completely unorthodox childhood and an abusive father. Whether or not this made him a paedophile or just a damaged laddie with bad judgement isn't something you can ascertain from those allegations. His whole obsession with wanting to be around weans probably makes some kind of psychological sense when you consider it doesn't seem like something he ever got to do when it was age-appropriate.

Can't say that I'd ever have trusted him alone with my son, however, purely because he didn't seem to have an adult sense of responsibility and consequence, never mind any possible sexual deviance.

A much better way of describing my own opinion ^.

Like I said, never a fan of his. One of the lads bought BAD when it came out and we all found it a bit weird. The last band that I was into that were regularly on top of the pops though was probably The Jam though, so I'm not an expert on what the "kids" should like.

I liked his music a lot growing up, both the stuff with Jackson five and his solo stuff.

Im not fully convinced he was innocent on the paedo charges though and found him a tad odd, especially in his later years

This.

Archived