Honey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waitrose Heather Honey is my personal favourite.

I think Manuka is overrated. It's good, but not really worth the price. It's apparently got all sorts of wishy washy health benefits if you are into that sort of thing, but when it comes to great tasting honey I think there are better priced alternatives.

Tesco Value honey is what I use. 99p. I just chuck it in my porridge (along with some cinnamon). I imagine most honey will be the same, but I like that it doesn't have anything added to it (that they tell us about anyway) and is just pure honey. For 99p, it does the job and is decent enough.

My grandpa used to keep bees, and the honey he always had as a result was absolutely tremendous. Had jars and jars of the stuff as well.

I've started using sainsbury's set honey in my tea instead of sugar in the last year or so. It tastes so much better. Would recommend to a friend.

It doesn't cure irritating c***s.

Maybe I was on to something after all:

New Zealand-based Steens employs more than half a billion bees and says its most potent honey can be used to help heal burns and sores, as well as to aid digestion and rehydrate skin when used as a face mask.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-manuka-honey-scandal-9577344.html

Maybe I was on to something after all:

New Zealand-based Steens employs more than half a billion bees and says its most potent honey can be used to help heal burns and sores, as well as to aid digestion and rehydrate skin when used as a face mask.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-manuka-honey-scandal-9577344.html

Do you know if they're looking for anybody? My mate's a bee and is looking for work.

Archived