Honey

I love the stuff from the basic clear honey in squeezy tubes to some of the more exotic and flavoured ones and also the thick cloudy varieties.

I contemplated buying a jar of Manuka honey the other day, but at £17 a pop, had me wondering if it really is worth it, or is it just all hype?

Favourite of the moment is Sainsbury's Mexican Orange Blossom Honey.

Any recommendations on different types/ flavours and also interested to hear if anyone's tried the Manuka and what they thought

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate used to keep bees and sold his own honey (or rather the bees' honey) for £5 a pop. It was certainly nicer than the squeezy stuff.

Then he moved house and the neighbours complained that his bees were shiting over their washing, so the bees had to go.

He was also exceedingly cagey about his beekeeping activities. He asked me not to tell my friends he was keeping bees as apparently queen bees fetch a tidy sum on the black market.

I think it was my mate that Viz made this fake magazine about:

020_viz223_Secret_beekeeper.jpg

Should be able to get some good local honey for a lot less than 17 quid I know a beekeeper in Dumfries that gives me a good deal on her stuff.

Billy, is there a sting in this tale? Pics of this tail or GTF. Anyone else think this is a honey trap?

Grimbo

Archived