Honey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I was on to something after all:

New Zealand-based Steens employs more than half a billion bees and says its most potent honey can be used to help heal burns and sores, as well as to aid digestion and rehydrate skin when used as a face mask.[/size]

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-manuka-honey-scandal-9577344.html[/size]

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that honey is brilliant for certain wounds. Nurses use medical grade honey all the time.

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that honey is brilliant for certain wounds. Nurses use medical grade honey all the time.

You've probably cause a stampede at A&E departments across the land as hoardes of P&Bers turn up with spurious injuries, asking if the nurses can pour some honey on them.

There's a shop outside Taupo that sells all different types of honey, about 20 different types but strangely enough no Manuka honey.

The reason is - you can sell the stuff for a much higher price to mugs up here.

So I bought a jar of Pahutikawa honey instead for half the price.

Loads of bandages come with Manuka honey in them nowadays. Just buy one of them for a couple of quid and squeeze it over your toast to give it a try. Alternatively look through the bins for one outside the hospital and scrape off any flakey green bits.

I'm here to help.

Always thought about the Manuka stuff but I doubt it would be worth it. Might have to shoplift a jar to try it.

Cheap honey is really shite tasting though.

'mon the bees.

I stick the Sainsburys own hard set honey on my Weetabix. Tastes fine to me.

You sick b*****d. Take a long hard look at your life.

If I was paying for the expensive stuff I'd just feel bad at being ripped off. To my shame, I am now eating Aldi's own version of Weetabix too. I can tell the difference, as the cereal is a bit more gritty, but I'm getting used to it.

The wife's friends seem to have convinced her that this austerity thing is real. As a result I have been downgraded from Sainsburys and real brands to fecking Aldi. Life just isn't fair. Her pals aren't exactly the Brains Trust either.

Archived