Your top 5 favourite ever....

Derry boy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This maybe true but he could have walked into any team in the world.

Redknapp had actually wondered why bigger clubs hadn't come in for him and this was what drew the scorn from Gullit and Souness. So to say he could have walked into any team when none of them tried to sign him doesn't really make sense.

Kevin Gallacher - he was my hero watching United as a wee boy. THAT goal v Barcelona.

Lothar Mattheus - the first WC I really remember was Italia 90, and he was absolutely majestic.

Tomas Brolin - before he discovered the pies, he was fantastic. He produced some astonishing performances at Euro 92 and USA 94

Ronaldo - Jarko's description is spot on. A man who can be considered to never have reached his full potential, while also arguably one of the best ever

Messi - Apart from all the other stuff, his second half hat trick at Tannadice in the friendly in 2008 was a pleasure to watch. One of those rare performances from an opposition player that you are almost cheering as he rips your team apart.

Redknapp had actually wondered why bigger clubs hadn't come in for him and this was what drew the scorn from Gullit and Souness. So to say he could have walked into any team when none of them tried to sign him doesn't really make sense.

I always seen Tottis situation like Le Tissiers, but obviously at a vastly higher standard, in that the whole club was set up to promote that one players strengths and to disguise the weaknesses. He's obviously an outstanding player, but in a different atmosphere and club he wouldnt have had the same impact.

• 1 month later...

The 2 ronaldos pace power finishing messi, best player ive ever saw could keep the ball off of defenders in a phone box he his dribbling defies belief sometimes brian laudrup loved watching him at rangers scott mcdonald simply for scoring those last day goals against the t*ms that won rangers the league on helicopter sunday

Gabriele Batistuta - Got into everything Italian in 1990 with world cup and Italian football on C4, this guy especially with Fiorentina was phenomenal.

Robert Prosinecki - 50 fags a day, nae pace. Didnt matter, wish they still made players like that.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Scorer of ridiculous goals, ego bigger than the moon, but a fitba player with a personality and some player to boot.

Jim Bett - I was pretty young to remember the greats at their peak, Miller, McLeish, Black, Weir, Strachan and all the rest.

Loved the way Bett played, unhurried, calm, range of pasisng and penalty taking superstar

Franco Baresi - The epitome of Italian defending and man could he play as well.

If people got passed them they would get halfed in two, proper defender.

Beckenbauer have you seen play? Just more curious. Me being 29 and 10 years older than you I haven't. Other 4 however I have

Watched various archive games of him playing; the fact he basically created the sweeper role is enough for me. Has done more for the defensive side of football than most other players ever.

Archived