Star Wars Battlefront (3)

DensParkNumber1

It's probably gonna be just as rushed and dull. I have a horrible feeling that they'll just the same number of heroes/planets as the first one, but they'll try and say it's an improvement due to it being spread across multiple eras.
Space Battles could be an improvement if they fix the absolutely horrendous and boring flight controls from the first one. In the OG Battlefront 2 it was great fun trying to fly into an enemy ship and take it down from the inside; a return of that would be good.
On the whole, I just really want more maps/planets, heroes and weapons - pretty much all cosmetic changes. There were enough fun game modes, in my opinion, and I think it was close to being a good game.
Oh, and Galactic Conquest is a must.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trailer looks impressive but I'm sceptical. Apart from a glimpse of Darth Maul there was no other signs of the prequels I.e the trade federation, Gungans etc.

They've confirmed the game covers all 3 eras. You can see battle droids on the official site so the Clones/Trade Federation are definitely in it. There's going to be a campaign, space battles and the prequel factions in it so it sounds like what Battlefront 1 should have been.

43 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

They've confirmed the game covers all 3 eras. You can see battle droids on the official site so the Clones/Trade Federation are definitely in it. There's going to be a campaign, space battles and the prequel factions in it so it sounds like what Battlefront 1 should have been.

I wouldn't hold my breath

I'd be furious with dice if i bought the last game tbh. they fucked everyone over. it's not fucking hard, remaster the original battlefront 2 with TFA characters/maps included and you are onto a winner. it's so easy yet they can't get it right.

worryingly its the fact that the storymode seems to begin after the battle of endor, whats the point in covering all 3 eras if its purely multiplayer, what id love, but i highly doubt it would happen is a choice based storyline

Start off as a clone trooper, find out from captain rex about the inhibitor chips, make a choice to believe him or not, this either leads you to be a storm trooper or join rex and the rebellion, through rogue one, then go through the original era on either side, and then after the battle of endor depending on what side you are on it continues into the sequel trilogy era

the multiplayer modes on battlefront were good for a quick game, jump in and out for half an hour, but no longevity,

4 hours ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Yeah I'm going to wait and see, the 1st one got boring as f**k after a few hours. Pretty much just stripped the series of everything and put the price up.

I got a free trial of that EA access maybe a month ago and I decided to give Battlefront a go. I thought it was fucking garbage. 

After maybe 2 hours it was deleted

I am a major Star Wars fan but the last Battlefront was ****. I played it for a week and haven't opened it up once since. 

The graphics and authenticity are 10/10. The gameplay is SO boring and repetitive with very basic controls. If it had an offline story mode of the same ilk as Battlefront II they'd have made so, so, so, so much money. 

Got burnt with Battlefront so pretty much the same as everyone else will be waiting until it is out before deciding to pick it up or not. Battlefront is good fun in short spells, really like Walker Assault, but what was included in the base game was a joke.

• 5 months later...

Only played a few games of the beta but it’s as fun as the last one. Nothing more, nothing less. Obviously haven’t for stuck right in yet, and the single player will definitely make a difference.
It still feels a bit too big with not enough players, and changing crouch to holding down circle annoyed me more than it should have.

On 07/10/2017 at 03:48, accies1874 said:

Only played a few games of the beta but it’s as fun as the last one. Nothing more, nothing less. Obviously haven’t for stuck right in yet, and the single player will definitely make a difference.
It still feels a bit too big with not enough players, and changing crouch to holding down circle annoyed me more than it should have.

beta finished now, did you play much more of it

I enjoyed the multiplayer even if it was brutal, some players had way unreal cards and were slaughtering everyone, im not too keen on the radar being taken out of the starfighter modes, my eyesight isnt the best so trying to see a red arrow on the screen pointing to an enemy is hard when you are flying around explosions and big f**k off metallic looking ships, also there was no lock on for your lasers in the starfighter mode (there was for missiles, just not lasers) so it was hard trying to get a lock on in amongst the chaos

as for the trooper missions, playing at the heavy class was the easiest i thought, the locations were absolutely stunning graphic wise and way bigger than before, once its full of players it should be good fun, the hero mode part i think is much better, instead of lucking into a powerup you simply buy them with game points, much better system

overall i think the multiplayer will have been improved from battlefront, but again like that one it needs something else, if the storymode isnt up to much then it wont be worthwhile, seemingly the storymode is supposed to be very good and very long so here's hoping

I was in Slovenia all weekend so didn’t play any more after posting.
I’ll still buy it, but a lot rides on the single player mode for me; I can’t see it being anything other than an uninspiring 4-hour repetitive bore though.
It’ll be fun to get another chance to play as heroes from the prequels again and explore those locations (although neither seem vast in options), but its main challenge is implementing a way in which people will always want to go back and play it until the next one comes around.

Currently been playing Battlefront on the PS4 the past few nights, up to around 6 hours, picked up the £7.99 Ultimate Edition or whatever a couple months back.

It's a reasonably fun game, some matches can be frustrating but I'm not taking it too seriously and really wants me to get into the Star Wars franchise (not my thing). Might look into the new one after it being out for a while, got £15 on my Game account..

• 4 weeks later...

got my pre ordered copy today, played an arcade multiplayer while the game was downloading completely, f**k me the maps are huge, multiplayer gameplay is exactly the same except the points system to unlock heroes etc which is much better than finding an icon somewhere, running, jumping shooting etc all the same so easy to drop right into

graphics are stunning, not just the character graphics but the whole overall settings etc, i know it sounds daft but stuff like running through trees and bushes and a flock of birds fly away in a panic, shooting stuff and bits of debris fly off, shimmering puddles, water etc, it all adds to the enjoyment of the scenario (until some arsehole jumps out from behind a bit of walker debris and kills you lol)

essentially the multiplayer is an upgrade on Battlefront, but as we all know it got boring a bit quickly unless you played online with mates, the big thing for BF2 is the storymode single player, ive played maybe an hour of it on the middle difficulty mode (you can change anytime during the game apparently) and its actually quite difficult, im struggling to see the red indicator of where im being shot from (there's no radar on single player) so i'll adjust the colour blindness mode i think see if i can improve that, but the story seems good so far from what ive played of it, lots of in mission objectives, hopefully it keeps up the variety as it could be a big seller for it,

flight modes are harder so far, your ship easily spins upside down a lot which can be disorientating especially in space with no point of reference to use for aligning yourself, targeting lock isnt as easy as the last game, kinda on the fence with this as the last time it could be infuriating as f**k when you simply couldnt shake someone off your tail because targeting was so easy, now you need to be practically aiming at them already to get a lock and even then it can be broke quite easily

so far its a big improvement on the previous game, some will still not like it, others who wanted the first to be a success may well wanna try this if they can, i usually dont buy games right off the bat and wait till they drop in price but decided to treat myself for once, glad i did so far

Cancelled my pre order for this. The whole loot box pish just fucked any excitement I had for the game.

I didn't pre-order, but this definitely killed any excitement for the game. I'm interested to know how long the single player mode is, might be worth buying once it comes down in price.

1 hour ago, WFAANW said:

Cancelled my pre order for this. The whole loot box pish just fucked any excitement I had for the game.

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

I didn't pre-order, but this definitely killed any excitement for the game. I'm interested to know how long the single player mode is, might be worth buying once it comes down in price.

so far ive blasted a good 3 hours of this single player and looks like i still have a good few missions left to play in, so far the single player has allowed me to use all aspects of the game (soldiers, heroes, vehicles and starships) you get to tryout different weapons and utility items etc, it does a pretty good job of giving you a feel of the whole game without going multiplayer

as for lootboxes, yeah they could be a problem, some online players already have shit ton of cards etc, its not the end of the world as you can still get a good session online but times you feel like you are outgunned

on a plus note new DLC is out on december 13th and its free

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-10-star-wars-battlefront-2-the-last-jedi-film-dlc-release-date

sounds pretty decent in that they plan on keeping the single player going with additional chapters

Archived