Star Wars Battlefront (3)

DensParkNumber1

Horrifically difficult but when you pulled it off it was satisfying!

Tempted to go get BF2 off Steam when I get home now.

Getting to the hanger used to be good fun, landing the fucking thing without being blown into space debris was another

As you say though, damn satisfying when you ace it abd start spawning troops from it

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting to the hanger used to be good fun, landing the fucking thing without being blown into space debris was another

As you say though, damn satisfying when you ace it abd start spawning troops from it

Tended to be easier against the Confederacy because of the two entrance hangar they had. Still a pain when you'd destroy everything, come back and see your ship blowing to pieces...

• 1 month later...

Is there any point getting this preowned if I don't play online? Is there any kind of single player campaign?

There are a few things to do offline, but overall it's REALLY not worth it.  There's certainly no campaign.

I don't think there is at all. You'd be better with COD from what I've seen.

There are a few things to do offline, but overall it's REALLY not worth it.  There's certainly no campaign.

Cheers guys.  That's a shame.  Just as well I checked before getting it!

Thought about getting it myself, might wait and see what Divisions like. I like to have a multi player shooter even though I'm completely shite at them and haven't bought one yet.

Battlefront is a pure FPS, the Division looks to be more of a cross between FPS & RPG with a lot more depth.

Thought about getting it myself, might wait and see what Divisions like. I like to have a multi player shooter even though I'm completely shite at them and haven't bought one yet.

Check out Destiny.  You can pick it up with all the DLC for a fairly cheap price atm.

Had Battlefront on 360, quite liked it, it's a straight up shooter I'm looking for and played Modern warfare 2 and first black ops so will probably just get the 3rd one.

Weirdly I'm thinking about buying a CoD game myself as I'm craving a shooter and everything else looks proper dull. Maybe a few years without playing Call of Duty will freshen it up a bit.

I wouldn't recommend this, to be honest. The lack of campaign makes it unbelievably monotonous as does only having 5 planets (2 of which are just sand planets as well as the next DLC being another Tatooine map). The game modes are really similar too.

Check out Destiny. You can pick it up with all the DLC for a fairly cheap price atm.

I should probably give it a try but the sci fi side of it puts me off. Was never tempted by Halo when I had a 360 even though it was supposed to be brilliant.

I should probably give it a try but the sci fi side of it puts me off. Was never tempted by Halo when I had a 360 even though it was supposed to be brilliant.

I played Halo 4 on 360 and moderately enjoyed it but certainly never thought it was any great shakes.

The multiplayer aspect of Destiny is good, with a good co-op story mode if you have a mate to jump on with.

The main selling point for me is the gun mechanics in Destiny, in my opinion, are unparallelled.  Proper meaty weapons, if you get the right ones.

There's a load of new maps, content etc. now for those who didn't get the special edition.

Jumped onto it for the first time in a bit the other day and had a blast.  Turning Point is a good laugh.

I can see the appeal of online shooters now, but still reckon if it wasn't such a good Star Wars game I'd probably have been a touch nonplussed at first.

They've done a great job of getting you into the Star Wars world.  The other night I was running along beside an AT-AT and a Star Fighter kamikaze-ed into its side.  I laughed as the debris exploded around me, good fun.

Archived