Star Wars Battlefront (3)

DensParkNumber1

I think (hope) Edgarus was trolling.

It's one of the best looking games ever to grace a console.

I wasn't meaning the graphics, those are indeed impressive, that and the sound are the games only true merits.

The game has a total of 11 weapons with no customisation, that simply isn't acceptable in a modern shooter, the most powerful weapon in the game the DL-44 aka Hans blaster is the last weapon unlocked, makes sense except for preorders getting this gun immediately, that is simply ridiculous and gives preorders a massive advantage over anyone else. Heroes, namely Boba Fett are heavily overpowered and I've seen videos of people score 50+ kills in one hero run.

Some of the game modes are just boring, no proper single player, no space battles... In a Star Wars game. If you compare this to battlefront 2 it is very lacking.

If you take away it's looks, it's sound and the fact it's a Star Wars game it's a very bare bones title with a sequel already confirmed for next year, a very expensive season pass that is nothing but obcsure and you have a clear cash grab by EA once again.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't meaning the graphics, those are indeed impressive, that and the sound are the games only true merits.

The game has a total of 11 weapons with no customisation, that simply isn't acceptable in a modern shooter, the most powerful weapon in the game the DL-44 aka Hans blaster is the last weapon unlocked, makes sense except for preorders getting this gun immediately, that is simply ridiculous and gives preorders a massive advantage over anyone else. Heroes, namely Boba Fett are heavily overpowered and I've seen videos of people score 50+ kills in one hero run.

Some of the game modes are just boring, no proper single player, no space battles... In a Star Wars game. If you compare this to battlefront 2 it is very lacking.

If you take away it's looks, it's sound and the fact it's a Star Wars game it's a very bare bones title with a sequel already confirmed for next year, a very expensive season pass that is nothing but obcsure and you have a clear cash grab by EA once again.

I think it's quite a fair assessment. Apart from the over powered Boba Fett. When I get him he's lucky to do 8 kills :P

Are you Angry Joe? That is almost literally his online review. Not that I disagree, just curious :-P

Are you Angry Joe? That is almost literally his online review. Not that I disagree, just curious :-P

Im not no :P But i do agree with his review. I played it at my mates a few nights ago and i was really not impressed by it, from what i could see the game hasnt had any changes since the beta, it felt like i was still playing the beta

No chat option is bizarre. I've only played Halo online in the last two-three years and it felt like the standard had went up several notches with people trying to work together rather than your usual homophobic racism.

I've not played many games where the chat option is a big thing, but whenever I have it's been terrible. It's always just someone shouting abuse at people or some VL listening to some shitty R&B song which comes through as a tinny sounding mess. I can see why you would want to use it with your friends, but not random players.

Loving this so far. At the moment, I'm just running around trying to kill people and practice my skills.

One thing I have noticed, I often get killed by a single shot whereas sometimes I can be hitting someone with multiple shots before they die. Is this down to the gun? I'm still on one of the first four weapons.

I bought it today as bit on the side to Fallout. Enjoyed what I've played (especially Fighter Squadron) but I can see why people tire of it as the game modes are pretty similar and it can be frustrating. Loads of fun, though.

How do you get the Jakku map? I tend to only play walker assault and never came across it? All I get is hoth, tatooine, mustafar and fcuking endor 90% of the time

You have to go into the store and download the map. Once that's done its added to the cycle of maps.

Archived