What Stadiums Have You Visited

Sweet Pete

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

There is an excellent mobil app for this called Fotbology (Used to be called groundhopper) and for a small fee each year it also gives you a guide to local games, excellent if you are travelling with work and have some spare time.

There's a great blog showing all the games on in London every week from the lowest level on the pyramid, reserve games and women's games. I'm considering creating one for Glasgow one of these days.

Scotland 35

Hamilton (Douglas Park)

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

Hibs

Killie

Livingston

Meadowbank (for Meadowbank Thistle and Edinburgh City)

Motherwell

Rangers

St Johnstone

St Mirren

Alloa

Arbroath

Ayr

Dundee

Dundee United

Dunfermline

Partick

Clyde (Broadwood)

East Fife (both)

Falkirk (both)

Forfar

Raith

Albion Rovers

Cowdenbeath

Edinburgh city (both)

Queens Park (For a Queens park game as well as Scotland, Athletics and Celtic)

Stenhousemuir

Stirling Albion (new)

Linlithgow Rose

Berwick Rangers

Edinburgh University

England 64

Arsenal (both)

Aston Villa

Brighton and Hove Albion (Goldstone ground)

Burnley

Chelsea

Crystal palace

Everton

Liverpool

Man city (Etihad)

Man Utd

Newcastle

Sheffield United

Southampton (the Dell)

Tottenham (Old)

Wolves

Fulham

Brentford

Nottingham forest

Preston

Millwall (both)

Cardiff (ninian park)

Blackburn

Derby (Pride Park)

QPR

Reading (Elm Park)

Birmingham city

Middlesbrough (new)

Wigan (new)

Charlton

Portsmouth

Sunderland

Wycombe

Doncaster rovers (new)

Accrington Stanley

Rochdale

Wimbledon (Plough Lane)

Southend United

Bolton Wanderers (New)

Crewe Alexandra

Leyton Orient

Carlisle United

Morecambe (both)

Aldershot

Hartlepool

Sutton United

Woking

Yeovil

Slough Town (Wexham Park)

Gateshead

Hereford United

York City

Bromsgrove Rovers

Walton & Hersham

Rainham town

Scarborough

Farnborough Town

Epsom & Ewell

Camberley

Windsor & Eton

Wembley (both)

Ireland 6

Glentoran, Cliftonville, Donegal Celtic, Crusaders, Lansdowne park (both)

Europe 37

Lyonnais (Stade Garland),  St Jacob Park (Basel), Estadio Balaidos (Celta Vigo), Gottlieb Calmer Stadion (Stuttgart) Ajax (Amsterdam arena), Olympic stadium (Seville), Stadio Olimpico (Rome), Camp nou (Barcelona), San Siro (Milan), Vicente Calderon (Madrid), Alberto Braglio (Modena), Renato Dall'Ara (Bologna), Estadio Do Bonfim (Setubal), Estadio De Luz (Benfica), Gelre Dome (Vitesse Arnham), De Kuip (Feyenoord), Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan (Sevilla)B, BenitoVillamarin (Betis), Stadio San Paolo (Napoli), Opel Arena (Mainz), Veltins Arena (Schalke), Ruhr Stadion (Bochum), Dusseldorf Arena (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Abe Lenstra (Heerenveen), Olympisch Stadion (Beerschot), Tivoli (Aachen), Stade Joseph Marien (st Gilloise), Le Canonnier (Mouscron), Stadio Giovanni Zini ( Cremonese), Olimpico Grande (Torino), Bollenfalltor (Darmstadt), Westfalenstadion (Dortmund), Borussia Park (Gladbach), Bayarena (Leverkusen), Bielfelder alm (Bielfeld), Bremer Brucke (Osnabruck), Neidersachsenstadion (Hannover), Mungersdorfer Stadion (Köln)

Other Sports 13

Fife Arena (Flfe Flyers), Madison Square Garden (College Basketball), The Garden (Boston Bruins), Old Shay Stadium (New York Mets), Jade Stadium (Christchurch NZ for Super 12 Final 2005), Murrayfield (Rugby and Football), Odyssey Arena Belfast (Ice Hockey), Parnell park (Gaelic Football), Croke Park (All Ireland Hurling finals 2010/2012/2014 and 2019), the oval cricket ground (Surrey), Lanxess Arena Köln (Kölner Haie Ice Hockey), Secc (for Netball at Glasgow 2014), Emirates Glasgow (for Badminton Glasgow 2014) and National Hockey stadium (for hockey at Glasgow 2014)

Total off 155 I think.

20 hours ago, realmadrid said:

There is an excellent mobil app for this called Fotbology (Used to be called groundhopper) and for a small fee each year it also gives you a guide to local games, excellent if you are travelling with work and have some spare time.

Yes, I use it and it's a very good app. My list in there isn't complete though as there are plenty of non-league grounds I've been to years ago that I can't remember the exact game I been to so I didn't add those matches.

The two Norwegian guys that do the app are brand new. They deal with queries quickly. I've got quite a few pics in the app, mainly Scottish non-league and Faroese. But now the app lets you add your own photo at a match apart from the main one.

On 16/04/2020 at 09:40, The Mantis said:

I wouldn't class myself as a groundhopper. 

On 15/04/2020 at 18:08, GordonS said:

I don't consider myself a groundhopper at all. 

me neither - but i've just spent a couple of hours making a list and have got to 234  😐

guess that's what 40'odd years of watching football does for you !

11 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

fucking hell - i thought the Globe was just a rebranded and tarted up version of Christie Park - can't believe they've built another ground with an open terrace along one side !

They sold Christie park to a supermarket chain (Sainsbury's) and built the new ground about a mile away. I went to the last league game there against Aldershot. As well as a league game at the Globe. Both us and Morecambe got to the play offs the year Christie park was closed. 8th May 2010 over 5000 at that game.  So they had a further game after that. Then again in August 2011 this time to the Globe. Aldershot lost both games. 

Scotland: 
Premiership (12/12)
Championship (9/10)
League One (6/10)
League Two (5/10)

Highland League: 
Clachnacuddin
Turriff United

Lowland League: 
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Spartans
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Berwick Rangers
Edinburgh University

East of Scotland:
Newtongrange Star
Dalkeith Thistle
Easthouses Lily MW

Other:
Murrayfield

England (7):
Man City
Newcastle
Sheffield United
PNE
Blackburn
Blackpool
Bolton

N Ireland and ROI (5):
Cork City
St.Patrick's Athletic
Shamrock Rovers
Bohemian FC
Glentoran

Europe (7):
Barcelona
Rot Weiss Essen 
Dnipro
Maribor
Eintracht Frankfurt
Malmo
Molde

Not as many foreign grounds as some of our more traveled friends, but I do have pix from all my visits:

https://ian38018.blogspot.com/2019/09/cardiff-city-stadium.html

And also - between 1995/2001 I visited and took vid footage at every Scottish non-league junior & senior ground:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ian38018

May keep a few folks entertained 'till we shift this pesky virus.

Edited by Ian38018

11 hours ago, Ian38018 said:

Not as many foreign grounds as some of our more traveled friends, but I do have pix from all my visits:

And also - between 1995/2001 I visited and took vid footage at every Scottish non-league junior & senior ground:

I've spent a good part of today when I haven't been working (so probably 75%) reading through your blog, particularity the non football venues, good stuff mate! 

On 22/04/2020 at 08:45, Ian38018 said:

Very comprehensive blog and a lot in common with me musically. I homed in on the Whitburn v Kilwinning tie from 2001 as I thought I had been at the game, but I realised it was actually 1999 on a pishing wet day. my workmate Ian Gallagher was the Kilwinning captain and actually got 3 SJC medals as he also won it with Linlithgow. Depressing to see how far Whitburn have fallen.

My blog is of an entirely different style but it's no too shabby either 😉

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Very comprehensive blog and a lot in common with me musically. I homed in on the Whitburn v Kilwinning tie from 2001 as I thought I had been at the game, but I realised it was actually 1999 on a pishing wet day. my workmate Ian Gallagher was the Kilwinning captain and actually got 3 SJC medals as he also won it with Linlithgow. Depressing to see how far Whitburn have fallen.

My blog is of an entirely different style but it's no too shabby either 😉

Yes, I have dropped into yours a few times over the last few days, and enjoyed things.   Some fine pix on there.

You are clearly a chap who can be arsed taking the time with the old box brownie.  Point and Snap is the best i aspire to.

Nowhere close to all of the others here as I pretty much just go to Ton away games. But here is my list.

Premiership - 10/12 (All except Aberdeen and Hearts)

Championship - 10/10

League One - 9/10 (All except Montrose)

League Two - 7/10 (All except Cove Rangers, Edinburgh City and Elgin City)

Highland League - 0/17

Lowland League - 2/16 (Cumbernauld Colts and East Stirlingshire (Stenny))

Other - Beith Juniors

Old Ground - Firs Park and Love Street

England - Everton (not for a game though), Spurs (old WHL) and York City. Also Wembley for NFL.

Spain - Barcelona (not for a game though) and Las Palmas.

Czech Republic - Sparta Prague

11 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

Nowhere close to all of the others here as I pretty much just go to Ton away games. But here is my list.

Premiership - 10/12 (All except Aberdeen and Hearts)

Championship - 10/10

League One - 9/10 (All except Montrose)

League Two - 7/10 (All except Cove Rangers, Edinburgh City and Elgin City)

Highland League - 0/17

Lowland League - 2/16 (Cumbernauld Colts and East Stirlingshire (Stenny))

Other - Beith Juniors

Old Ground - Firs Park and Love Street

England - Everton (not for a game though), Spurs (old WHL) and York City. Also Wembley for NFL.

Spain - Barcelona (not for a game though) and Las Palmas.

Czech Republic - Sparta Prague

You can't count shared grounds twice or visits with no games on.

Disqualified!

Outwith Scotland and for ease listing home teams rather than stadium names.

Albania: Durres, KF Tirona, Vllaznia, old national stadium for cup final
Belgium: Leuven
Bosnia: Zeljeznicar
Croatia: Dinamo Zagreb
Denmark: Koge, Naestved, Roskilde, FCK
England: Sheffield Wednesday
Germany: Borrusia Dortmund, Fortuna Dusseldorf
Georgia: Saburtalo, Lokomotiv Tbilisi
Ghana: Tamale stadium for national team.
Guatemala: Xelaju, Municipal
Italy: SPAL, Chievo, Venezia, Cittadella, Pordenone, Vicenza, Treviso, Liventina, Opitergina, Portogruaro
Kazakhstan: Taraz, Astana
Kyrgyzstan: National stadium for international
Liechtenstein: Vaduz
Macedonia: National stadium for cup final
Malta: National stadium for league double-header
Mexico: Cruz Azul, Chivas Guadalajara
Poland: Lech Poznan
Slovenia: Maribor, Olimpija
Sweden: Helsingborgs
Switzerland: FCZ
Turkey: Kasimpasa, Fenerbahce, Umraniyespor, Gaziantepspor
Uzbekistan: Pakhtakor, Qarshi

Updates in bold.

• 3 years later...
On 07/10/2015 at 16:29, dee_62 said:

For Scottish League games it's easier listing those I've not been to.

Premiership

Hamilton (at new douglas park)

Killie

ICT

Championship

Dumbarton (at the new ground)

Livingston

St Mirren (at new St Mirren Park)

League 1

Albion Rovers

Stenhousemuir

League 2

East Fife (at new bayview)

Clyde (at Broadwood)

Stirling Albion (at the new ground)

East Stirling (at Ochilview)

Annan Athletic

In addition to the league grounds I have been to, I've also been to Highland League matches in the 90s at:

Inverness, (Clach, Caley and Thistle), Ross Co, Huntly, Keith, Nairn, Brora, Rothes, Forres and Elgin

Matches in England at:

Wembley, Emirates, Anfield, Stadium of Light, Charlton and Carrow Road

further afield:

Dublin (Aviva Stadium), Rio (Maracana), Paris (Parc du Princes), Lanzarote (Ciudad Deportiva) and Perugia

A fair smattering of Junior grounds in Fife, Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen

Update 2023

scottish league grounds still NOT attended 

Hamilton (at new douglas park)

Killie

ICT

Livingston

St Mirren (at new St Mirren Park)

Cove

Edinburgh City (at new ground)

Bonnyrigg Rose

Spartans

In addition to the league grounds I have been to, I've also been to Highland League matches in the 90s at:

Inverness, (Clach, Caley and Thistle), Ross Co, Huntly, Keith, Nairn, Brora, Rothes, Forres and Elgin

Matches in England at:

Wembley, Emirates, Anfield, Stadium of Light, Charlton and Carrow Road

further afield:

Dublin (Aviva Stadium), Rio (Maracana), Paris (Parc du Princes), Lanzarote (Ciudad Deportiva) and Perugia

Scotland games in Albania, Lithuania, Vienna, Cyprus, Malta, Krakow and San Marino

A fair smattering of Junior grounds in Fife, Dundee, Perth and Aberdeen, plus East of Scotland games primarily around the Edinburgh area. 

Similar to a few where I've only really been for Livi games, and a couple Exeter games. Going to try and get to the odd game at a new stadium every once in a while.

Scotland (40)
Premiership (12/12):
Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren
Championship (6/9*): Ayr United, Dundee, Greenock Morton, Hamilton Academical, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers
League 1 (6/9*): Airdrieonians, Alloa Athletic, Dunfermline Athletic, Falkirk, Peterhead, Queen of the South
League 2 (8/10): Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Dumbarton, East Fife, Elgin City, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer
Other (8): Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Cowdenbeath, Murrayfield (Hearts European games - f**k you I'm counting it), Irvine Meadow, Linlithgow Rose, Hampden Park, The Spartans

England (2)
League One (2/24):
Exeter City, Plymouth Argyle

*Queen's Park and Clyde being homeless, haven't been to Lesser Hampden or Broadwood anyway but have been to NDP and Ochilview

Edited by LiviLion

15 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Similar to a few where I've only really been for Livi games, and a couple Exeter games. Going to try and get to the odd game at a new stadium every once in a while.

Scotland (40)
Premiership (12/12):
Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren
Championship (6/9*): Ayr United, Dundee, Greenock Morton, Hamilton Academical, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers
League 1 (6/9*): Airdrieonians, Alloa Athletic, Dunfermline Athletic, Falkirk, Peterhead, Queen of the South
League 2 (8/10): Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Dumbarton, East Fife, Elgin City, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer
Other (8): Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Cowdenbeath, Murrayfield (Hearts European games - f**k you I'm counting it), Irvine Meadow, Linlithgow Rose, Hampden Park, The Spartans

England (2)
League One (2/24):
Exeter City, Plymouth Argyle

*Queen's Park and Clyde being homeless, haven't been to Lesser Hampden or Broadwood anyway but have been to NDP and Ochilview

Murrayfield counts if you were at the football there I'd say,it certainly would on football groundmap