The Pride of Ayrshire v The Pride of the Highlands

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly enjoyed this afernoon's Josh Magennis and chill session. From what I saw of the initial stages of the first half we were slow out of the traps and only didn't concede due to ICT wasting chances or MacDonald saving our blushes. I think the momentum of the game changed not long after the 30 minute mark, and from there on we seemed to pretty much have the game under control. Kiltie's goal was rather good, although it could be argued that less than a minute before that goal we could have been 1-0 up. The second half is probably the most composed I've seen us look for quite some time, and big Josh played excellently - his goal being a just reward for his effort. I'm interested to see how his deflection looks on camera, but it's still good to get a win.

Good showing by the ICT crowd given the distance, a good bunch of lads all round.

Really pleased with that today. Didn't get started in the first half hour and were asking for trouble.

After that I thought we grew into the match and thought between 40-45 minutes we could have had 3 or 4, so Kiltie's was deserved. Had a poor game up until then but what a player he's proving to be. Get him signed up.

Josh is definitely improving as a player. Satisfying to see.

Comfortable in the second half and a well deserved victory all round. How bad must ICT be not to score past us?! It's like taking candy from a baby usually.

Josh Magennis will not score in this match as he is bad at football. ICT would propbably have put about 6 past the Greece side that he scored against. I think we will win narrowly with Miles "He's got style - miles and miles - so much style that it's wasted" Storey scoring hundreds.

Really ?

The Big Josh baiters are hopefully beginning to change their minds as he played very well yesterday. Higginbottom harassed and harangued all day so perhaps our fitness coach is beginning to pay dividends .Finlay strolled through the match and justified his extended contract with his ehmployers. All in all a good at RP and definitely an improvement of sorts

The Big Josh baiters are hopefully beginning to change their minds as he played very well yesterday. Higginbottom harassed and harangued all day so perhaps our fitness coach is beginning to pay dividends .Finlay strolled through the match and justified his extended contract with his ehmployers. All in all a good at RP and definitely an improvement of sorts

Killie looked like the had the measure of us yesterday, in the same way that Partick did last season - they marked Storey really effectively, didn't allow our midfielders any time on the ball, and were strong and direct when attacking, as opposed to ponderous like us. We were far too narrow and far too reliant on through balls to Storey that he wasn't allowed to make much of. When we did introduce width, it was in the form of Mutombo, who takes fannying about to the level of an art form. As usual in Kilmarnock, it was a good day out, and not too bad an away support, but if I never see a second half performance as poor as that again, I'll be happy.

Archived