Ayr United v Stranrank/Stinlar

Can never be bothered when our fans complain about a player celebrating in front of us so no problem whatsoever with Adams doing it.

Fantastic run for his goal.

This, can't stand fans who abuse players then as soon as they do something back cry like little girls.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can never be bothered when our fans complain about a player celebrating in front of us so no problem whatsoever with Adams doing it.

Fantastic run for his goal.

He was going to kick Devlins c**t in if he didn't get that ball.

What I did notice about Adams today is that Stranraer very certainly tried to kick him at every available opportunity. Did well not to be sent off. The amount of times I've seen opposition players give a 'get it up ye' to the Somerset Road end over the years to call that as a booking is just sour grapes. I believe the phrase is deal with it.

Well deserved three points today although the marking for the Stranraer goal was petty shocking, other than Gerry's rush of blood to the head and the one on one we never really looked under too much threat. Probably should have been out of sight by half time. The pinball in the box at the start and Graham's header should really have been converted but a win is a win.

Two clear handballs from the highlights but the referee never seemed to want to give us much, but I have seen far worse referees at Somerset over the years. Certainly McCall going mental at the one where the defender makes two or three attempts to clear it with his arm should lead you to say it was a definite penalty.

Any criticisms would be the first half. We gave the ball away far too much and on too many occasions there didn't appear to be any shouts to each other. A lot of our problems today were of our own making.

Second half far better and Preston deserved his goal.

Onwards and upwards :)

Dreadful display from Stranraer . The fact that Ayr only scored three shows that they are not that great a team. We lacked shape, leadership and ideas. We were particularly dreadful in the first 10-15 minutes, at times almost playing 9-0-1. I'd give pass marks to McCluskey, Mair and Turner. Some flashes from Cairney, Stirling, Thomson and Aitken. Pettigrew had a nightmare of a game. McGuigan was poor, but playing him as a lone striker and sending long balls to him just didn't work. Hard to tell with McCloskey, as he had about five minutes on the park.

Referee was very poor. We should have had a couple of penalties and Ayr possibly one. If we had been given either, the timing might have had an influence on the result. Ayr's Adams got away with multiple fouls and should have had more than a yellow. Thomson was lucky to get only a yellow near the end. Ayr's mobbing the referee for a red maybe saved him.

Three new signings suggests the manager knows he needs to make changes. Perhaps the last roll of the dice for him?

Were you the ref because your eyesight is of a similar quality.7

Why the fcuk did that dick not get a straight red for taking Donald out, utterly shocking that a player can get a yellow for deliberately trying to injure another player.

Why the fcuk did that dick not get a straight red for taking Donald out, utterly shocking that a player can get a yellow for deliberately trying to injure another player.

I said to a poster on here at a free kick just before it that the boys head was gone, he was just stomping about shaking his head looking in the huff and then that, how it's only a yellow I have no idea.

The Adams thing was no doubt justified as I'm sure he'd of been getting some stick from that end of the ground.

Very arrogant guy though and like his brother in law feels that because he's a football player and comes from the town that Stranraer FC owe him something.

Can't deny I'm slightly envious that he's doing so well for Ayr right now though. Wish our midfield had half the desire he does.

Next week will probably see us go bottom of the league. Unfortunately looks like Reid is here for a little longer though given he's been allowed to sign a couple more players.

When he said he's not like Aitken and he takes his time with signing players I didn't quite expect it to be a quarter of the way through the season.

I said to a poster on here at a free kick just before it that the boys head was gone, he was just stomping about shaking his head looking in the huff and then that, how it's only a yellow I have no idea.

Usually you have doubts when you see it in real time but I was just over the wall and his only intention was to take Donald out, it really is a tackle that deserved a hook or a head butt, thankfully our players have more control than myself, I've never witnessed Donald being anywhere near that angry before.

The Adams thing was no doubt justified as I'm sure he'd of been getting some stick from that end of the ground.

Very arrogant guy though and like his brother in law feels that because he's a football player and comes from the town that Stranraer FC owe him something.

Can't deny I'm slightly envious that he's doing so well for Ayr right now though. Wish our midfield had half the desire he does.

Next week will probably see us go bottom of the league. Unfortunately looks like Reid is here for a little longer though given he's been allowed to sign a couple more players.

When he said he's not like Aitken and he takes his time with signing players I didn't quite expect it to be a quarter of the way through the season.

Reid's not far away from what I saw yesterday, a bit to defensive for me but a play-off team in the making, Reid signed a few duds for us but he also signed a fair few decent players for this level.

Just love the constructive debate from some posters here, but perhaps a bit of nominative determinism

Just love the constructive debate from some posters here, but perhaps a bit of nominative determinism

I'm surprised you can see my username with those blue tints on.

Who's his brother-in-law? Is it Kevin Kyle? Because I'm sure Stranraer fans said the same about him...

Remember Kyle getting a fair bit of stick. Pretty sure Stranraer fans were a bit upset that Adams didn't sign for them because he is a local boy and they somehow expected him to go, however no contract was offered under Aitken or Reid. McCall has taken the risk/given him the opportunity and he's taken it and proven all his doubters wrong, he's still a very good player.

So because he gave the Stranraer fans a GIRFUY that means he thinks Stranraer FC owe him something.

Maybe he was just happy that he scored against his hometown team, or did I miss something?

Archived