Ayr United v Stranrank/Stinlar

Think Moore and Murphy are back but Gilly out.

Fleming

Devlin

Gerry

Murphy

Boyle

Trouten

Docherty

Adams

Forrest

Moore

Preston

Even if Moore and Murphy are fit don't think both can walk straight into the team, Caldwell deserves his place at the moment and in any case both will not be match fit. I think McCall will start them both on the bench.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay back time indeed I fear, thankfully I'm away next weekend and will not have to attend , can't see anyway we will take anything from this game , we can't score , can't defend and have no midfield , I thought it was a joke when Ayr fans said ex-Ayr man Reid was a ploy to destroy a great Stranraer team , he's having a real go at it .

We've won our last 2 away games. Of course, you won't have seen any of that through your brown visioned spectacles.

Are Stranraer fans really calling for Reid to go? Wow, short memories, they are playing well above thereselves even playing in this division.

As for the game, it is a really gutter that Gilmour is out as he has been playing out of his skin this season. He has proved a lot of fans(including myself) wrong.

Would be tempted to give Donald a game from the start in place of Forrest.

Hope we go:

Fleming

Devlin

Gerry

Graham

Boyle

Trouten

Docherty

Adams

Donald

Caldwell

Moore/Preston

Subs: Newman, Muir,Murphy,Crawford,Forrest,Nisbet, Preston

We will obviously have to be on our game as Stranraer always raise their game against us but still expect us to win convincingly. 4-0 Ayr

Last few years aside, Stranraer winning at Somerset was rarer than Halley's Comet.

Time to have normality restored.

Ayr being Stranraer's bitches last year was a tough one to take and that 6-3,(going on 17-3) two seasons ago was as dark a night as it could get.

It just shows you how piss poor we were under Roberts.

I am fully aware we could slip up and get beat, I would still take a scrappy one nil, but from what I have seen this season we are capable of ripping a team apart just as we did to Cowdenbeath.

I was actually quite impressed by Stranraer when we played them at Stair Park, the lad McGuigan excepted.

Think this is going to be a close game unless we can be more clinical in front of goal this week.

The stats would suggest every right to be confident.

Stranraer are the lowest scorers in the league by some way, and the second lowest in the whole of the SPFL. Ayr have only failed to score once in the league this season...on the opening day.

We have scored 2 or more goals in all bar three of our league games and we are ten unbeaten.

Stranraer haven't drawn a league game this season, and we are unbeaten in the league at home .

Ayr's last home game was a 5-0 thumping of Cowdenbeath, Stranraer's last home game was a 3-0 thumping by Cowdenbeath.

The only possible stats you could point to in Stranraer's favour are that three out of Stranraer's four wins this season have been away from home and 75% of their goals have been scored away from home..

Yes sequences end at some point, and yes stats don't win football matches I just can't see it happening on Saturday.

Like every other game involving Ayr, I take nothing for granted. We should win, but after almost 4 decades of attending Somerset we could quite easily lose.

I will be delighted with a scrappy one nil win, but equally I go into this game knowing that the team, if they perform to their potential, are capable of putting right a few of the wrongs, from the last few seasons against Stranraer.

Was that the incident with the shotgun?

It was on West Sound after the game that Police were investigating Willie Furphy being shot by an air rifle at the end of a game but it turned out his hamstring popped as he was walking off.

It being Airdrie in the 80's the thought of someone taking a firearm to a game wasn't as daft as it sounds now.

Archived