Ayr United v Stranrank/Stinlar

Dreadful display from Stranraer . The fact that Ayr only scored three shows that they are not that great a team. We lacked shape, leadership and ideas. We were particularly dreadful in the first 10-15 minutes, at times almost playing 9-0-1. I'd give pass marks to McCluskey, Mair and Turner. Some flashes from Cairney, Stirling, Thomson and Aitken. Pettigrew had a nightmare of a game. McGuigan was poor, but playing him as a lone striker and sending long balls to him just didn't work. Hard to tell with McCloskey, as he had about five minutes on the park.

Referee was very poor. We should have had a couple of penalties and Ayr possibly one. If we had been given either, the timing might have had an influence on the result. Ayr's Adams got away with multiple fouls and should have had more than a yellow. Thomson was lucky to get only a yellow near the end. Ayr's mobbing the referee for a red maybe saved him.

Three new signings suggests the manager knows he needs to make changes. Perhaps the last roll of the dice for him?

Dry your eyes.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreadful display from Stranraer . The fact that Ayr only scored three shows that they are not that great a team. We lacked shape, leadership and ideas. We were particularly dreadful in the first 10-15 minutes, at times almost playing 9-0-1. I'd give pass marks to McCluskey, Mair and Turner. Some flashes from Cairney, Stirling, Thomson and Aitken. Pettigrew had a nightmare of a game. McGuigan was poor, but playing him as a lone striker and sending long balls to him just didn't work. Hard to tell with McCloskey, as he had about five minutes on the park.

Referee was very poor. We should have had a couple of penalties and Ayr possibly one. If we had been given either, the timing might have had an influence on the result. Ayr's Adams got away with multiple fouls and should have had more than a yellow. Thomson was lucky to get only a yellow near the end. Ayr's mobbing the referee for a red maybe saved him.

Three new signings suggests the manager knows he needs to make changes. Perhaps the last roll of the dice for him?

What game were you at?

This is the worst summary of a game I have ever read, really don't know what game you were watching mate. Stranraer had no claims for a penalty and after seeing all the teams in this league at least once you lot are not that far off the pace. If you can find a couple of strikers and tighten up a little at the back then you have a chance of the top 4, however, I suspect with the diddy of a manager you have you will fall short.

Wind up

I didn't want to mention it but the highlights show no Stranraer penalty claims... (cue "home team bias etc".)

Saved me answering!

Having seen your (technically excellent) highlights I think you can justifiably say you had a couple of good claims for handballs. Our two were a first half foul on Stirling and a second half shirt pull, neither shown in highlights.

The referee was appalling. I imagine he will go far.

He sure was. Small point, See for the free kick for their goal, how many steps did he pace out, at the time I counted 8 small ones! You cut it just as he started pacing it out!!

Archived