Ayr United v Stranrank/Stinlar

So because he gave the Stranraer fans a GIRFUY that means he thinks Stranraer FC owe him something.

Maybe he was just happy that he scored against his hometown team, or did I miss something?

Plenty of players happy when they score goals. How many give it the get it up you to the town they're from?

Appreciate you'd do the same because you're mixed in the head and support Ayr rather than your local team.

Interesting that Scott Robertson is fairly local to Ayr, got a bit of a raw deal at Ayr, works in Ayr, scored against Ayr, didn't bother getting involved with Ayr after scoring.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of players happy when they score goals. How many give it the get it up you to the town they're from?

Appreciate you'd do the same because you're mixed in the head and support Ayr rather than your local team.

Interesting that Scott Robertson is fairly local to Ayr, got a bit of a raw deal at Ayr, works in Ayr, scored against Ayr, didn't bother getting involved with Ayr after scoring.

Probably because he's never had stick off the Ayr fans because he is from Ayr and doesn't play for us?

There seems to be an underlying resentment towards a "guid stinlar boay" having the audacity to not play for their home team. In any case I reckon Adams thinks Portpatrick is a better night out and tells folk that's where he's from

Aye and we wish he was with us. That's why Stranraer fans were annoyed with the giruy. It's not our fault he's with Ayr. We would have loved it if he was playing for us. He's the type of powerful midfielder we need after losing Grant Gallagher.

Was Adams offered a contract by Stranraer or something?

Ive seen players give it the GIUY to a town they're not from so why wouldnt they do it to their hometown?

Also mixed in the head? You obviously know me pretty well

This was on our unofficial forum earlier in the season in response to several fans feeling aggrieved that Adams wasn't given a chance with us.

"I can put this one to bed very simply as it was me who gave you the stats for Jamie who no one ever doubted his ability- 62 appearances in a 9 year period scant reward for a player who had the ability to play Premier league football and got these moves because of his ability.

Former committee member Robert H Rice offered in a friendly chat in a friendly chance meeting away from a football enviroment, Jamie the opportunity to train with Stranraer FC and attend pre season training if he felt there was a chance that he felt he would be fit to do so. This was a genuine offer made by Robert on behalf of the club, Mr Adams senior and Jamie both felt that there was no chance that getting back into the senior game was a possibility. Robert thought this a shame but understood the reason."

I remember Paul Hartley when he made his debut for Raith Rovers, came on as a sub, straight over to the side terrace and gave the Ayr fans a girfuy........and no one had any idea why, I don't think he had played against Ayr before, I think they had just signed him from Millwall.

Scott Crabb did it at Brockvile unprovoked as well after he scored a penalty, when players get dogs abuse and then react, fans have a bit of a brass neck to complain. It is always a bit different when some no-mark player does it unprovoked after scoring a tap in.

Archived