Alloa v Queens

Would you extend huttons contract then. By January we might have tapping for a game as well. Raith are now 4 points away and could be closer this time next week. although we had a sloggish start we need to push on and build on this win

"We might have Tapping for A game" That lad is in danger of being given our equivalent of the "Daniel Prodan" award.

and if you are wondering who the hell Prodan is......quite!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think being ugly to watch has been Fowler's plan from the outset, like that is the way he wants to play and he has signed players accordingly?

Or do you think he has had to change his approach after intending to sign a decent squad but then quickly realised that the quality of the players he has signed is pretty low?

Or has he been forced to play this way because his budget wouldn't allow him to sign a squad which would be able to play attacking football?

Unless your Tony Pulis or Gus McPherson, nobody goes out of their way to play ugly it's just the way the squad has panned out that we play that way. When you don't have the people in midfield and crap movement you are going to end up playing it long most of the time. He's made the pragmatic decision to be at least hard to beat, It isn't good to watch but it's probably the correct thing to do with what's there. Unfortunately it hasn't worked at home games yet so he needs to work out how to play on the front foot.

Fowler played on teams that played some good stuff and teams that weren't easy on the eye.I'd imagine the budget was there to get those players in but IMO he spent it trying to buy low on players with injury or fitness but with upside and took too many risks. I don't think major surgery is required but getting a good January is crucial if we want to get in the playoffs and play a style that isn't offensive to anyone who watches it.

The strange thing is that we are missing exactly the sort of player Fowler was that retains the ball and does the boring things well.

Wasps1 can f**k right off - still got a headache from his contribution on the Wheels of Steel. If I was feeling paranoid, I'd point out that he pumped the volume up right after I arrived in the stand with my maw :angry:

Well, it was nice to be disappointed by the result rather than the performance. Another definite improvement again yesterday, I thought, and with an in-form quality striker we would surely have been further ahead by half-time. Without that, we were always hoping that Holmer's tremendous opener would be enough to see us over the line. I think even the players subconsciously knew that, considering that Queens took over after their second goal went in; don't think our guys had any confidence in getting back into it. Frankly, at the moment, we wouldn't do any worse if we just battered shots in from the edge of the box.

Surprised anyone's arguing about the ref's performance; he seemed to arrive with the idea that Alloa were going to be dirty and penalised accordingly. He was all over Michael Doyle right from the start and Danny was absolutely right to take him off as it was very clear that he'd be imminently seeing red for something soft. Neither team were in any way dirty, but it was amazing how many times the ref would blow for a foul for the kind of challenge that he was happy to tolerate from Queens. Excellent attitude displayed by the players, as it would have been very easy to be dispirited under the circumstances.

I know our positioning was poor for the second goal, but was anyone else unimpressed by McNeil's contribution? He looked off-balance, and it was just a matter of hitting the target as a result, because he was never going to get anything on it. Reminds me of a combination of Gibson and McDowall - produces some great saves, but capable of absolute howlers and some poor decision-making, especially at set-pieces.

We are paying the price for Lennon going on holiday for a month and letting our squad go elsewhere. We have went backwards and Lennon (IMO) is worse than Smith. Smith managed to keep the squad together and signed players who improved us last season. We were more organised and tactically aware as well. We are needlessly wasting money on the likes of Chopra. He's the Scott Crabbe of this team. Another finished striker but all is good when he plays his one diagonal pass a game and everyone applauds him. I think a change of manager is needed. Lennon has the biggest budget of any Alloa manager and has squandered it. How many more strikers are we going to release before signing anyone? When Isaac came to the club he looked like a good prospect he has regressed under Lennon. This feels like the second Tom Hendrie era another manager who thought he was the big shot but in reality is p*sh.

Russell Latapy for the job?

We are paying the price for Lennon going on holiday for a month and letting our squad go elsewhere. We have went backwards and Lennon (IMO) is worse than Smith. Smith managed to keep the squad together and signed players who improved us last season. We were more organised and tactically aware as well. We are needlessly wasting money on the likes of Chopra. He's the Scott Crabbe of this team. Another finished striker but all is good when he plays his one diagonal pass a game and everyone applauds him. I think a change of manager is needed. Lennon has the biggest budget of any Alloa manager and has squandered it. How many more strikers are we going to release before signing anyone? When Isaac came to the club he looked like a good prospect he has regressed under Lennon. This feels like the second Tom Hendrie era another manager who thought he was the big shot but in reality is p*sh.

Russell Latapy for the job?

Have to admit, even though I'm biased as I can't stand the walloper, that I genuinely don't rate the guy as a manager. What scares me is that the last couple of times we've been manager-less he has been pretty short odds for the job. I'd hate him to ever be QoS manager.

There wasn't a nasty challenge in the whole game.

There was one soft Alloa booking near the end but the rest were absolutely correct

Hamilton got cleaned out a couple of times near the end with late tackles and there were no bookings. If "the rest were absolutely correct" then those had to be cards too. His decisions were totally random throughout.

Hamilton got cleaned out a couple of times near the end with late tackles and there were no bookings. If "the rest were absolutely correct" then those had to be cards too. His decisions were totally random throughout.

So, Thomson had such a mare, the only examples you could come up with were a couple of challenges on Hamilton that maybe should have been bookings?

So, Thomson had such a mare, the only examples you could come up with were a couple of challenges on Hamilton that maybe should have been bookings?

I didn't say he had a mare, I said he is "shite", an opinion based upon many years of watching him and reinforced by another erratic performance on Saturday.

Ok, I'll let you off with a warning this time, something Mr Thomson should have done more of on Saturday.

Yeah, maybe he should have let Doyle have 8 or 9 fouls against Russell, rather than the 4 or 5 he did get before being booked.

There were only 3 Alloa players booked in the match, I really dont see what the problem here is

Yeah, maybe he should have let Doyle have 8 or 9 fouls against Russell, rather than the 4 or 5 he did get before being booked.

There were only 3 Alloa players booked in the match, I really dont see what the problem here is

For every 8 or 9 fouls against Russell, only 1 or 2 are actually fouls. A good player that spoils it all with his constant theatrics.

For every 8 or 9 fouls against Russell, only 1 or 2 are actually fouls. A good player that spoils it all with his constant theatrics.

Nonsense. He's obviously guilty of exaggeration but he was constantly fouled on Saturday.

Great highlights, but who's that clown jumping up in front of the camera? :ph34r:

Archived