Alloa v Queens

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exaggeration! Is cheating not the word you are looking for?

No. Im not a fan of it, but players at all levels go down easily with any contact. Doesnt mean they werent fouled, it means they exaggerate it.

Cheating is going down when theres no contact

Looks like we could've had a penalty

No it doesnt

No. Im not a fan of it, but players at all levels go down easily with any contact. Doesnt mean they werent fouled, it means they exaggerate it.

Cheating is going down when theres no contact

No it doesnt

Looked a pen to me. If a player passed a ball in the middle of the pitch and was taken out late like that and was no advantage that would be a foul 100/100. Should it change because it's in the box ?

Looked a pen to me. If a player passed a ball in the middle of the pitch and was taken out late like that and was no advantage that would be a foul 100/100. Should it change because it's in the box ?

There are a couple of very half hearted appeals but no protest. The player "fouled" barely appeals. That tells you everything you need to know.

There are a couple of very half hearted appeals but no protest. The player "fouled" barely appeals. That tells you everything you need to know.

Barely appeals haha. Yeah think your watching something different. He is fuming and is screaming at the ref, also look at his arms outstretched when on the deck appealing. Clear foul in my book. Definitely got away with one.

Barely appeals haha. Yeah think your watching something different. He is fuming and is screaming at the ref, also look at his arms outstretched when on the deck appealing. Clear foul in my book. Definitely got away with one.

I didn't have a great view at the match but from the highlights it looks like Thomson did Queens another favour.

I've got to agree. The guy on the ground is livid and the bloke behind him makes a hearty appeal too.

It should very clearly have been a penalty. A stupid challenge that we were lucky to survive.

Thought it was a penalty at the time. Still do. Although for some reason refs do regularly ignore last ditch challenges in the box if they dont prevent the shot. 9 times out of 10 if the keeper wipes out the forward charging from his goal but the forward gets his shot off then nothing is given even if the shot misses the target.

There was also a very good 'tackle' in the first half when an Alloa player was hairing down the right wing, a Queen's guy barges hialmost in to the dressing room with the only contact not including the ball, sure, a free kick, but he took one for the team, attack is fizzled out, Queens reorganise and we have nae clue what to do with the free kick.

Ref didn't even talk to the Queens guy, let alone book him.

FYI, was in line when Alloa guy got flagged for off side when we 'scored' a second goal in the first half, despite having 3 defenders in front of him, and the same linesman allowing the goal when the Queen's guy was off side, there by turning the game on it's head.

And Ian Russell defies logic, how can anyone come off the artificial pitch black?

I've got to agree. The guy on the ground is livid and the bloke behind him makes a hearty appeal too. It should very clearly have been a penalty. A stupid challenge that we were lucky to survive.

The guy on the ground waves his arms on the ground, gets up, shouts something and then gets on with the game. The two players behind both appeal but neither look upset, or even surprised, when its not given.

No it isn't. Whether there is contact or not isn't doesn't decide (on its own) whether a foul has been commited.

I know. Im also pretty sure you know exactly what I meant

There was also a very good 'tackle' in the first half when an Alloa player was hairing down the right wing, a Queen's guy barges hialmost in to the dressing room with the only contact not including the ball, sure, a free kick, but he took one for the team, attack is fizzled out, Queens reorganise and we have nae clue what to do with the free kick.

Ref didn't even talk to the Queens guy, let alone book him.

FYI, was in line when Alloa guy got flagged for off side when we 'scored' a second goal in the first half, despite having 3 defenders in front of him, and the same linesman allowing the goal when the Queen's guy was off side, there by turning the game on it's head.

And Ian Russell defies logic, how can anyone come off the artificial pitch black?

Presumably, you mean the Queens second goal? The highlights arent conclusive but it looks very much like Oliver runs past the line of defenders onto the cross, doesnt even look close to offside. The Alloa disallowed one looks closer, theres maybe a defender at the back post playing him on. Theres never 3 defenders in front of him though

The guy on the ground waves his arms on the ground, gets up, shouts something and then gets on with the game. The two players behind both appeal but neither look upset, or even surprised, when its not given.

I know. Im also pretty sure you know exactly what I meant

You're a special talent if you can see if a player is upset or surprised from that footage. Probably best just to accept like everyone else we got away with one.

You're a special talent if you can see if a player is upset or surprised from that footage. Probably best just to accept like everyone else we got away with one.

If they were upset they would be running toward the referee, or at least appealing for more than the couple of seconds they actually appealed for. When they didnt get the penalty theres no shaking of the head, no arm waving, no hands on the hips, basically none of the body language of players who genuinely think they should have got a penalty.

Theres really no special talent involved.

Isaac seemed to manage it alright :ph34r:

(I feel dirty now. Like Iain Russell.)

Archived