Wings fined by electoral commission

Mr Rational

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wee Siobhan wasn't being threatened, just being called out for writing complete lies time and time again about Scotland. I was hoping that the Police would respond to her cries for them to 'protect' her, then read the articles which lead to the twitter meltdown, and charge her with incitement, especially after the dreadful Jo Cox case.

Campbell rather bizarrely issued 'formal notices' previously on Twitter to those committing the heinous crime of.. including his handle on a tweet. 

He's a seriously weird individual. If anyone seriously doubts that Campbell has himself sought to have Twitter suspend accounts they can trawl through Neil Lovatts timeline from yesterday for a blow by blow account of that particular 'dick versus dick' encounter which saw Campbell report Lovatt to Twitter. Oh and threaten him with a police visit to his employers. Ah what a champion of freedom of speech.

Campbell is the classic cowardly bully. Scurries off to tell tales on others then bitches whinily when, surprise surprise, others in that murky little cesspit of cuntery do likewise. 

That said anything which caused both his and Lovatts accounts to be suspended permanently would be no great loss really. 

2 hours ago, ScotSquid said:

Campbell rather bizarrely issued 'formal notices' previously on Twitter to those committing the heinous crime of.. including his handle on a tweet. 

He's a seriously weird individual. If anyone seriously doubts that Campbell has himself sought to have Twitter suspend accounts they can trawl through Neil Lovatts timeline from yesterday for a blow by blow account of that particular 'dick versus dick' encounter which saw Campbell report Lovatt to Twitter. Oh and threaten him with a police visit to his employers. Ah what a champion of freedom of speech.

Campbell is the classic cowardly bully. Scurries off to tell tales on others then bitches whinily when, surprise surprise, others in that murky little cesspit of cuntery do likewise. 

That said anything which caused both his and Lovatts accounts to be suspended permanently would be no great loss really. 

Agree, I like Wings when he's just producing his version of facts but he appears to be an A1 c**t on Twitter.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The issue with the likes of Wings are rarely what they have actually said (although what thebut the incitement to the caravan of fellow travellers to wade in

Yes, I thought the service droids quote described it perfectly. A deluge of messages, often abusive and threatening, from either real or sock puppet types. It's a question of to what extent he encourages it, either explicitly or implicitly. 

Blocking is fine for a handful of roasters, but I assume becomes a lot more tricky when someone gets 600 messages from users. 

It's probably good news for his crowd funding campaign. I'm sure the gimpy moron types like Todders will lap his shtick up even more after this.

Campbell's problem is that he's extremely prone to punching down, and has a serious cognitive dissonance issue when it comes to his own power - he's quite happy to boast about his readership numbers or fundraising figures one minute and to play the poor wee scrappy upstart the next.

When you've got a base of several thousand highly-wound-up and not dreadfully well-educated followers hanging on your every word you do have an implied duty not to point them at soft targets. He doesn't seem to have any problem recognising this when it refers to the followers of the billionaire wizard book woman.

That said, that Express hack was quite obviously running with a script from the minute he ran his article, and I did think that on this occasion Stuart behaved himself very well. And yes, using your position as a newspaper writer to literally tell the country's fascists to literally arm up and prepare for war is something that warrants people using their big platforms to oppose.

She was at it in ATF's Facebook comments claiming it was a news story rather than an opinion piece and she was shot down there as well for talking nonsense.

I mean if A Thousand Flowers won't take your side against Wings then you've probably fucked it.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

She was at it in ATF's Facebook comments claiming it was a news story rather than an opinion piece and she was shot down there as well for talking nonsense.

I mean if A Thousand Flowers won't take your side against Wings then you've probably fucked it.

As bad as Campbell is he'll not come close to the combined weight of the terrible lying and misleading headline editors and journo's on the other side of the political divide.

As bad as Campbell is he'll not come close to the combined weight of the terrible lying and misleading headline editors and journo's on the other side of the political divide.

I think what we should be thankful for is that our wrong 'uns at least face criticism and are called out on their shit. Look at the slagging Wings has taken for his repeated Yer Da musings on Chelsea Manning and contrast it with the white knighting for Stephen Daisley and his ilk. At least we're more willing to challenge those on "our" side.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I think what we should be thankful for is that our wrong 'uns at least face criticism and are called out on their shit. Look at the slagging Wings has taken for his repeated Yer Da musings on Chelsea Manning and contrast it with the white knighting for Stephen Daisley and his ilk. At least we're more willing to challenge those on "our" side.

I didn't realise the other side were willing to challenge those on their side, you just need to look at how Rowling using her wealth and position to bully others is portrayed across the msm to see what we're up against, can't believe that someone with her wealth can't do something more productive and helpful with her time.

47 minutes ago, ScotSquid said:

Yes, she could for example donate millions to universities for medical research for example.

Oh wait. She does.

You can criticise Rowling for many things but not using her wealth for philanthropic purposes isn't one of them.

I never mentioned what she did or didn't do with her money, if I give a few quid to someone it takes next to no effort whatsoever.

Archived