Wings fined by electoral commission

Mr Rational

You sat and moaned about the Women for Independence group becoming a feminist group after the independence referendum like that was in any way surprising or undesirable for a group of politically

Is this you backtracking on that original comment aye?

Oh aye, as for WFI, I know a few women who left the group because it became a feminist group.

Not all women are feminist, it wasn't set up as a feminist group.

That was the point I was making, not that I'm against feminist groups FFS

You want to keep trying to smear me here with made up nonsense?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A "smear" :lol:

I'm merely pointing your low-key passive aggressive attitude towards women in the independence cause being feminists. You were the same about Natalie McGarry. It's natural to be suspicious of anyone who's highlighting a politically active women's group campaigning for gender equality aka the central point of feminism like it's worthy of discussion. It's not. Anyone who decides to leave WfI because of their pro-feminism stance really needs to explain why that's an issue to them.

A "smear" :lol:

I'm merely pointing your low-key passive aggressive attitude towards women in the independence cause being feminists. You were the same about Natalie McGarry. It's natural to be suspicious of anyone who's highlighting a politically active women's group campaigning for gender equality aka the central point of feminism like it's worthy of discussion. It's not. Anyone who decides to leave WfI because of their pro-feminism stance really needs to explain why that's an issue to them.

"Passive aggressive" oh get a grip, stop talking shite,

Well if it isn't a smear, why else are you just blatantly telling lied about what I've been posting?

Not all women are feminist, it's really not that hard to understand

"Passive aggressive" oh get a grip, stop talking shite,

Well if it isn't a smear, why else are you just blatantly telling lied about what I've been posting?

Not all women are feminist, it's really not that hard to understand

If it's not passive-aggressiveness at a women's group openly talking about feminism then why else were you complaining about a women's group with "To campaign for fair and equal gender representation in public and political life in Scotland, and for other causes likely to further the interests of women in Scotland and enhance democracy" as a founding principle talking about, er, just that. If these women you allegedly know were prompted to leave after the referendum because this was being discussed then i've got to wonder why they joined in the first place.

If it's not passive-aggressiveness at a women's group openly talking about feminism then why else were you complaining about a women's group with "To campaign for fair and equal gender representation in public and political life in Scotland, and for other causes likely to further the interests of women in Scotland and enhance democracy" as a founding principle talking about, er, just that. If these women you allegedly know were prompted to leave after the referendum because this was being discussed then i've got to wonder why they joined in the first place.

They joined as it was a group to help encourage women to vote yes.

So, no apology then? Just going to pretend you haven't been talking shite this entire time.

Very good

Straight, white, CIS men clamouring to be the victim and be entitled to 'their opinion' here. Sad as f**k.

WTF. Would it be any more or less sad if it was a coloured person, female, gay? What entitles you to your opinion that this is "sad as f**k"?

WTF. Would it be any more or less sad if it was a coloured person, female, gay? What entitles you to your opinion that this is "sad as f**k"?

I must have missed the boxes on joining - The ones for sex, gender, race, orientation, etc.

I mean, surely nobody's making lazy assumptions around here, are they? I believe Ad Lib is a young white male, going by that election appearance, but I could be mistaken if he/she were wearing make up that day. Other than Magee (allegedly), I don't think I've seen another poster's picture.

No it isn't. How can having an opinion be discrimination?

Because you're trying to trivialise what having an opinion means. If someone with a public platform repeatedly dead names someone and deliberately ignores someone's wish to be referred to by a different gender then they are legitimising the very real dangers and trouble that trans men and women face. It's incredibly obvious. Stop trivialising what Wings did and many others do. It betrays any interest you might have in the social justice aspect of the independence argument.

Also nae bother, Gareth Keenan.

No. However I do think that everyone is equally entitled to form an opinion. This was what someone (Menzel) was in fact arguing shouldn't be the case.

No. He was arguing that you shouldn't be spouting your opinion on someone else's gender in public - as that has an impact. You can form your opinion till the cows come home.

I think most of society, not you granted, would be able to tell the difference between a Trans woman and a chancing pervert. Fascinating insight into your thoughts on Trans issues there though.

Not if the likes of Invergowrie Arab get his way they won't. Unless you've somehow managed to start reading minds now.

It just demonstrates the absolute lack of forward thinking from those who try to push their own agenda regardless of the wider impact on society at large.

Not if the likes of Invergowrie Arab get his way they won't. Unless you've somehow managed to start reading minds now.

It just demonstrates the absolute lack of forward thinking from those who try to push their own agenda regardless of the wider impact on society at large.

What exactly is it you fear that has you in such a fankle over this?

Maybe I have been taken in by the trans-fascists but as a straight white male I have absolutely no agenda here at all.

I have already been quite clear there will be a huge impact on society at large and our societal norms through the advancement of trans rights. It's a good thing.

That's always the argument against any form of social change. From female emancipation, to desegregation to gay rights. The truth is that society will adapt, and what is now weird and unthinkable will eventually become normal.

That's always the argument against any form of social change. From female emancipation, to desegregation to gay rights. The truth is that society will adapt, and what is now weird and unthinkable will eventually become normal.

Wise words.

What exactly is it you fear that has you in such a fankle over this?

Maybe I have been taken in by the trans-fascists but as a straight white male I have absolutely no agenda here at all.

I have already been quite clear there will be a huge impact on society at large and our societal norms through the advancement of trans rights. It's a good thing.

I don't fear anything with regards to this subject and I don't appear to be the one in a fankle.

Should the advancement of trans-rights take priority over protecting the rights of others?

I don't fear anything with regards to this subject and I don't appear to be the one in a fankle.

Should the advancement of trans-rights take priority over protecting the rights of others?

On the one hand you say you don't fear anything but then you seem to suggest the rights of non trans people are at risk from the advancement of trans rights?

No person's rights should deny another of their's.

In your scenario of a man in a changing room with women who is having their human rights denied to them?

Archived