Wings fined by electoral commission

Mr Rational

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunning wants to pump the man/chick.

It's absolutely the right of the victims to ensure their human ( innocent) rights are protected, rather than her ( guilty ) rights. The state has nothing to do with their protests, shut your filthy teeth.

What arsehole alias is this? It's particularly impressive to out yourself as a bell-end within a few posts. Well played.

He is attempting to change the argument from having an opinion to discriminating though.

I had not mentioned discrimination until he brought it up as if the two things are the same.

Having an opinion is a bit of a meaningless thing to argue about though. Plenty of opinions are utterly cretinous and held by arseholes.

The last bastion of said arseholes is always: 'But I am entitled to my opinion.'

Having an opinion is a bit of a meaningless thing to argue about though. Plenty of opinions are utterly cretinous and held by arseholes.

The last bastion of said arseholes is always: 'But I am entitled to my opinion.'

As you are demonstrating. Well done.

He is attempting to change the argument from having an opinion to discriminating though.

I had not mentioned discrimination until he brought it up as if the two things are the same.

Do you think that all opinions are equally valid and deserving of respect?

Why does being a straight white non-trans man have any beating on the validity of someone's opinion?

It doesn't.

It's also a load of shite the myth that men somehow have it easy in this country. I'd argue we are the biggest stereotype having to "man up" etc...

I hope you are joking.

Not really, society has certain expectations of what "being a man" is which lumps us into one big stereotype not treating us for what we are. individuals.

Just look at the horrific suicide rates amongst men, its our biggest killer.

Why does being a straight white non-trans man have any beating on the validity of someone's opinion?

I think, and I may be wrong, that what Menzel means isn't that you're not free to have your own opinion as to what someone else's gender is; you're just not authorised tacitly to police the choices of other people through refusing to recognise their self-determination in public statements, which themselves have coercive power, without the reasonable expectation that you will be chastised for doing so.

For people who haven't been through the struggles of (1) being a woman and (2) being trans to express views on the self-determination of these people is particularly egregious because their act of non-recognition is emblematic and re-enforcing of a society in which their voices and their right literally just to be accepted for who they are is a constant battle.

For male born men to tell trans people they're not real or as deserving of equal treatment as non trans people is the equivalent of white people telling black people there is no racism in South Africa. It isn't just wrong, it's a tool of oppression itself.

Not really, society has certain expectations of what "being a man" is which lumps us into one big stereotype not treating us for what we are. individuals.

Just look at the horrific suicide rates amongst men, its our biggest killer.

I think you are correct for men under 30. However across all age ranges it is between 2.5 & 3 times the rate for women so there is undoubtedly a gender related issue there.

I would hazard a guess, and it is no more than a guess, that sexuality and gender and the lack of an outlet to honestly discuss these issues would be a major contributory factor to poor mental well-being in men.

Just for additional info the suicide rate in the worst decile of multiple deprivation is also 3 times higher than population averages.

I think, and I may be wrong, that what Menzel means isn't that you're not free to have your own opinion as to what someone else's gender is;

that's exactly what I'm saying.

Also, to the points above, almost half of transgender people in the UK have attempted suicide.

Always, always, knew Enrico was itching to burst out with that "men have it the worst" chat. You could tell it as soon as he started whining about a women's political group having an interest in feminism. Utterly transparent.

Always, always, knew Enrico was itching to burst out with that "men have it the worst" chat. You could tell it as soon as he started whining about a women's political group having an interest in feminism. Utterly transparent.

Oh please, Don't talk nonsense.

I haven't' said "Men have it worst" but your average man in the UK isn't a "position of privilege" as a poster put it earlier.

I wasn't "whining" about the feminism political group either. I made 1 post on that thread and I didn't even mention the party, I mentioned an SNP MP.

Oh please, Don't talk nonsense.

I haven't' said "Men have it worst" but your average man in the UK isn't a "position of privilege" as a poster put it earlier.

I wasn't "whining" about the feminism political group either. I made 1 post on that thread and I didn't even mention the party, I mentioned an SNP MP.

You sat and moaned about the Women for Independence group becoming a feminist group after the independence referendum like that was in any way surprising or undesirable for a group of politically active women.

Relative to every other group, non-trans straight men are in a position of privilege.

Yep. The particularly high suicide rates for young men is an interesting one though. Some people would argue it's some men suffering as a result of patriarchal expectations of men to not discuss their own mental health and issues. That issue alone doesn't really mean that men relatively have it more difficult than any other group though.

Archived