The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Njord. He can't quote properly on account of either his shite imported phone, the 2 litres of turps he's drunk today, or a combination of both. 

Cawk :)

If you aren't precise enough the cursor goes in the quote box and that's it. Can't cancel and start again.

When I was back home I had the 3rd most dangerous job in the UK and now in Australia I have the 2nd most dangerous job so I'm putting my life on the line everyday.

Where the f**k's my day of respect.

You're a womans dress fitter??

Maybe they should have stuck in at school

You could say that about a huge cross section of society that School doesn't 'quite work out' for. At least those that sign up are trying to improve upon what they did/didn't manage to achieve through their formative/adolescent years in education?

The original comment suggested they were richly rewarded financially, I don't believe that to the case.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And this story from the BBC suggests that paying many of them £18K p.a. as civilians would be poor value

Full Story
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23346693

I reckon 38% is probably the percentage of the general population that would struggle with year 6 maths. It's probably around 20% for primary school teachers.

16 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

They should not be permitted on international shirts as nearly every other country will have their special day wanting to be commemorated and many of those will clash with out countries histories. 

Yet playing the other side,,,,I'm sure it has already been mentioned that as a National teams strips are 95% of the time based on their countries fleg, the strips themselves are political.

2 hours ago, Njord said:

Fuckin quote thing :(

Bawz. Rigby wasn't a soldier, he was a 'talented drummer'. From a militaristic family so he was drawn to it.

I've know more people killed by the Brit military goung about their lawful jobs than I have known join up and die (none).

Farming , fishing and I think estate agents have ranked as more dangerous professions in recent years re deaths, and beauticians more hazardous re injuries at work.

The sodjers have overwhelming technological and firepower advantages over who they want to kill, it ain't dangerous.

Plus the UK would have a shit Paralympics team.

How can you say it is not dangerous :lol: sure many more probably due doing run of the mill jobs as you say but be honest most estate agents , beauticians etc die in a freak accident that they are not anticipating . A soldier actually has to a certain times face up to the fact that some operations are going to be life threatening , there's a certain bravery involved there which I find admirable similar to that of many in the fire service for example . Which again is a voluntary service but those involved get my respect because whilst we are running away from the fire these guys are running towards it and sometimes not all of them make it out alive . 

Yet playing the other side,,,,I'm sure it has already been mentioned that as a National teams strips are 95% of the time based on their countries fleg, the strips themselves are political.

How about their national anthems, do some of those have political connotations too!?

6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

How can you say it is not dangerous :lol: sure many more probably due doing run of the mill jobs as you say but be honest most estate agents , beauticians etc die in a freak accident that they are not anticipating . A soldier actually has to a certain times face up to the fact that some operations are going to be life threatening , there's a certain bravery involved there which I find admirable similar to that of many in the fire service for example . Which again is a voluntary service but those involved get my respect because whilst we are running away from the fire these guys are running towards it and sometimes not all of them make it out alive . 

wut.gif

Eh, further to the general wut.gif , they are running to a fire to inflame it, with very little chance of injury.

Biggest cuntos are the RAF (not the BM crew), as they virtually never face an equal opponent. Just bomb civvies.

Navy isn't relevant any more, but they need somewhere to put the deviants.

7 minutes ago, Njord said:

wut.gif

Eh, further to the general wut.gif , they are running to a fire to inflame it, with very little chance of injury.

Biggest cuntos are the RAF (not the BM crew), as they virtually never face an equal opponent. Just bomb civvies.

Navy isn't relevant any more, but they need somewhere to put the deviants.

You do reliase there is more to the RAF than just pilots , they also have their own regiment that is set up similarly to an army infantry unit but anyway that has heehaw to do with the point I made anyway and you have just went on a random rant .

Edited by Forever_blueco

26 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

You do reliase there is more to the RAF than just pilots , they also have their own regiment that is set up similarly to an army infantry unit but anyway that has heehaw to do with the point I made anyway and you have just went on a random rant .

And there's more to the Fire Brigade than the boys with the big hoses, there's the girlies that answer the phone and make the cuppas....

And it wasn't 'random' :lol: