The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

It underlines the fact that he, like a few others on here, hate the army and go out there way to dismiss them because they see them as a representation of the British state they hate being part of.

They are no different to the utter mugs who jump about with poppy tattoos on the other side- two cheeks of the same arse.

Noticed Ian Murray on the news wearing an English style poppy without the leaf.

What are the odds of him doing this to look Scottish, not realising the design of the flower is different north and south of the border?

Disgraceful

He should have realised and had the correct shape of poppy couriered down from Edinburgh

It's an insult to the fallen etc... bad as Fifa... etc... you get the idea...

It underlines the fact that he, like a few others on here, hate the army and go out there way to dismiss them because they see them as a representation of the British state they hate being part of.

They are no different to the utter mugs who jump about with poppy tattoos on the other side- two cheeks of the same arse.

Aye, you're probably right, it must get pretty tiring having the same narrow minded view on everything though eh!? the forces draw recruits from from all different sections of society, backgrounds and the 4 corners of the UK.

I don't know why I'm posting this but here goes.

As some or most of you know, my childhood was not the norm. This effected my education. When I left kicked out as I then 16 years old, education system passed me on to the social works department. I was in fear. I had a careers office at the time (alky Tam) I called him.

This guy set me up with 2 men (I didn;t know their status). from the British army, who manipulated me, bribed & physically abuse me in a 4 hour meeting. Worst was they spoke about my mother & father and how I let them down. They knew about my father & me, they gave me hell. Reverse Psychology at it's greatest.

I didn't join.

I got a job in the local council,  the rest is fairytale^_^

16 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Why not?

I just can't be arsed with it all. I don't feel any affinity towards it. I also think that we should all move on and let it just fade it in to history, much like just about every other conflict/war/battle that came before the first world war. 

Edited by DA Baracus

Disgraceful

He should have realised and had the correct shape of poppy couriered down from Edinburgh

It's an insult to the fallen etc... bad as Fifa... etc... you get the idea...

I'm not actually all that fussed about the shape per se, and maybe your point would be a fair one if it all went into the same pot, except it doesn't and you've got a Scottish MP seemingly supporting the English charitable fund over the Scottish one. All the other Scottish MPs seem to manage it fine.

My point was more pointing out the boy is a sly imbecile - you either have an English one with the two petals and leaf or a Scottish with just four petals. Why alter it if not trying to make it look Scottish to appease us (and failing massively). That said, must be trickier having no Scottish mates at Westminster.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I just can't be arsed with it all. I don't feel any affinity towards it. I also think that we should all move on and let it just fade it in to history, much like just about every other conflict/war/battle that came before the first world war. 

I've no appetite for it either. We blow untold billions on nuclear weapons designed to wipe out human life and rake in billions flogging arms to tinpot nutters around the world. That's not the behaviour of a society serious about honouring fallen casualties of war. 

I've no appetite for it either. We blow untold billions on nuclear weapons designed to wipe out human life and rake in billions flogging arms to tinpot nutters around the world. That's not the behaviour of a society serious about honouring fallen casualties of war. 

I agree with this, the idea that if a f**k off nuclear missile was on its way to end everything here us sending one back to end whoever sent it doesn't really offer me any comfort. But, I also think we can still respect those who sacrificed in a bygone era, and I think buying and wearing a poppy for a few days helps represent that. Still has f**k all to do with football.

I will hold a personal respect for those who had to endure the two world wars without buying a poppy or doing anything. I don't see why i should have to plaster it in people's faces. Look at me, I'm totally an amazing person for "showing respect"!!! Fck off.

I like the argument that he earns money in this country, so he should respect it. Surely taking money from the country you dislike would be getting one up on them, making it even better for him.

The thing about the Poppies and Rememberance, originally was that the sentiment was 'lest we forget' - not just the lives lost but the attitudes, the decisions that led to all out industrialised slaughter in the first place. The late 20s and 30s was full of people for whom the memory of war was one of utter futility, of pals battalions happily ignorant and marching off to give Johnny Foreigner a damn good thrashing. These days you've got the whole virtue signalling, poppy shaming disgrace of a society where kids walk around in T-shirts with "future soldier" written on them, where the respect due to soldiers has morphed into reverence and almost into full scale worship. It's that kind of military fetishism and jingoism that got all those people killed in the first place.