The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Has anyone on here bought a poppy this year? The last couple of years, I haven’t bothered, what with all the COVID stuff and lockdowns happening. No doubt there’s a tasteful poppy face mask I could have purchased, but here we are.

I did sponsor the lad on Facebook - Chris Walks the UK - who is walking the coastline of the UK to raise funds for the SSAFA and is at £250k.

https://www.ssafa.org.uk 

Where will you get £250k?

The poppy bride is pretty tidy TBF.  I'd happily sign up for months in a stinking waterlogged trench surrounded by corpses and jobbies, getting chewed by lice and rats and shelled out of my mind, before being sent over the top to walk slowly towards a hail of German machine gun fire, if I got a go on her in poppy heaven.  

On 01/11/2021 at 13:46, Funky Nosejob said:

Except there would have been no anticipation of Lizzie being an heir until much later.

Edward, the nazi sympathiser, was first in line and George, Lizzie’s father, was only the spare. It wasn’t until Edward abdicated in 1938 that Lizzie would become a realistic heir to the throne.

Although she would have literally been 3rd in line for the throne and a generation younger than number one and two so it wasn't totally unlikely

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Poppy-Watch.jpg

https://scontent.fgla3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/252479501_4713937651960099_5421449087941360402_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=5AQihy6WNToAX9fnIbv&tn=7qrsMjL51fbF8cb4&_nc_ht=scontent.fgla3-2.fna&oh=12c4a2661c2a5511ce1fa08f8cc28a8f&oe=61874C09

The second picture is bizarre not least because they have cemented in their front door, or if it's the same house they have made the world's worst patio.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

The second picture is bizarre not least because they have cemented in their front door, or if it's the same house they have made the world's worst patio.

I’m guessing that in true #poppyday style it’s the worlds smallest bunker, so the occupant can keep watch of the garden to ensure no one is showing any disrespect.

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

More poppy pish being relentlessly shared on Facebook emoji23.png0657359364ef8a4845880650073c82ef.jpg

It might be (is) a lot of shite but it’s better than the usual “Muslims won’t let you wear a poppy, share if we should have remembrance not Ramadan” stuff.

Although that’s undoubtedly kicking about too. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

It might be (is) a lot of shite but it’s better than the usual “Muslims won’t let you wear a poppy, share if we should have remembrance not Ramadan” stuff.

Although that’s undoubtedly kicking about too. 

It's mostly a load of bollocks though, it's just a poppy like the ones that grew in Northern France before they got blown up.

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I started a new job earlier this year and to date been getting on well with my new boss. 

She came in today wearing a poppy themed facemask…..

That Sucks The Office GIF

Is it this one?

Screenshot_20211022-083120.jpg