Watches

28 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Has any of you watch buffs ever considered one of these Omega/Rolex Chinese homages? I’m a big follower of YouTube vlogger Just One More Watch and he gives great reviews of these Pagani watches. Has anyone ever bought one of these from AliExpress and is the quality any good.
IMG_1607956783.864120.jpg

tlj.gif.2f4e32ea5f952cc3aa9423cfc10d2397.gif

45 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Has any of you watch buffs ever considered one of these Omega/Rolex Chinese homages? I’m a big follower of YouTube vlogger Just One More Watch and he gives great reviews of these Pagani watches. Has anyone ever bought one of these from AliExpress and is the quality any good.
IMG_1607956783.864120.jpg

The white dial Daytona copy is quite smart.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The white dial Daytona copy is quite smart.

Went for rose gold and the rubber strap version. I've got the Hulk pagani too , decent watch and specs. 

Order from Spain and it cuts down on the wait on delivery. 

IMG_20201214_194258.jpg

Edited by saint dave

The two watches I own.
The Citizen I got for my 21st in 2005, it has not missed a beat since, hasn't needed a thing done to it. Think it was just over £100 back then.

Casio I bought a couple of years ago because I'd started doing a bit of running and am not a fan of smartwatches. Use my phone as my distance tracker and the stopwatch on the Casio for keeping an eye on how long I've been running. Tenner from Argos, quite often wear it. IMG_20201215_102002.jpegScreenshot_20201215_102217_com.android.chrome.jpeg

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The two watches I own.
The Citizen I got for my 21st in 2005, it has not missed a beat since, hasn't needed a thing done to it. Think it was just over £100 back then.

Huge fan of Citizen in general, the Eco Drive models as you say go on and on. 

Last time I was in TK Maxx they had a good few models in (including the Blue Angels) all well under priced. Bought a couple, but annoyingly they didn't come in the original box. 

8 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The two watches I own.

Casio I bought a couple of years ago because I'd started doing a bit of running and am not a fan of smartwatches. Use my phone as my distance tracker and the stopwatch on the Casio for keeping an eye on how long I've been running. Tenner from Argos, quite often wear it. IMG_20201215_102002.jpegScreenshot_20201215_102217_com.android.chrome.jpeg

The casio is regarded as a 'classic' by some collectors.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Last time I was in TK Maxx they had a good few models in (including the Blue Angels) all well under priced. Bought a couple, but annoyingly they didn't come in the original box. 

Got the Citizen Red Arrows model. Went to wear it at the weekend but it needs a new battery 😢

Had to make do with my Casio Ediface Bluetooth instead. Great watch. Automatically sets itself to the right time. Leave it in a dark place and the hands scroll to the right time when it comes out to the light. Even rolls forward or backwards an hour when the clocks change at 2am on the Sunday morning.

Going to start buying more automatic watches in the future as tired of paying silly money to replace batteries in all my other watches

28 minutes ago, supermik said:

Got the Citizen Red Arrows model. Went to wear it at the weekend but it needs a new battery 😢

I have a couple of the Red Arrow models, but both are Eco Drive, I wasn't aware that there was a non Eco Drive model. Without sounding like a p***k, just making sure yours isn't actually an Eco Drive that hasn't had enough sun light? 

3 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I have a couple of the Red Arrow models, but both are Eco Drive, I wasn't aware that there was a non Eco Drive model. Without sounding like a p***k, just making sure yours isn't actually an Eco Drive that hasn't had enough sun light? 

Got me stumped now mate. Just noticed that it is an eco drive but for some reason the second hand and the other small ones are not moving which made me think that it had a flat battery. Hope it’s not an expensive visit to the menders!

1 minute ago, supermik said:

Got me stumped now mate. Just noticed that it is an eco drive but for some reason the second hand and the other small ones are not moving which made me think that it had a flat battery. Hope it’s not an expensive visit to the menders!

No I imagine it's a case it just hasn't had enough sun light. Stick it in the window for a few days, and you should find that it will power up. 

1 minute ago, supermik said:

Will try that thanks. Guess I am just used to the Casio powering up instantly. Red Arrow has been in the drawer for quite a while right enough.

The purpose of the Eco Drive is to work from sun light, converting it to electricity. You might find you need to have it in the sun for a few days, which if you're based in Scotland can obviously be a bit time consuming this part of the year. I would say if it is still like this in a weeks time then you might need it looked at, but from what you have said, I think it should be fine. 

My g-shock solar charges with artificial light , hung it over a lamp for a few hours and away we go. Seiko solar diver is the same , maybe it's possible your eco-drive does too. 

ETA: Googled it and it does.

IMG_20200214_225709_952.jpg

Edited by saint dave

I'd not change it for anything. It's very simple but a fantastic watch.