Brechin v Ayr 7/11/15

well it was dry from 5.45 am till around 8 .30 am . You can argue all u like but I work night shift ! Does ntmatter anyway pitch hardly cut up at all , I'm sure even Ayr fans ll back me up

Fair dos. Pitch was excellent . There were a few isolated spots that a bit of surface water needed help to get down to the drains. Neil informed me that these areas are where the teams do their pre match warm up drills. They tend to get a bit more compacted than the rest of the pitch. Some deep spiking will help to rectify that though.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it always helps if you're at the game to see it for yourself. The goal was scored from outside the penalty box after a clearance from a corner that the "assistant referee" awarded, although it was blatantly obvious that it was a goal-kick. To be fair, I think we were slightly fortunate to get a draw as Brechin looked more likely to score towards the end of the game. Although Caldwell didn't play well,we struggled when he went off as neither Trouten nor, Forrest gave Preston much support and the lack of a third striker in the absence of Moore is a concern. Still in a great position though and the next two games could be crucial.

Thought your number 4 was by far your best player - seemed to be behind every good move. Very impressed with the way Ayr moved the ball around but also felt we deserved another goal towards the end.

A draw was a fair result,good to see both teams throw everything at trying to win the game in the last 10 minutes. Overall, our poorest performance since the opening day but we are still top of the league so we can't complain. Brechin are certainly not the worst team in this league and will soon be off the bottom.

Fantastic player who we'll be lucky to hold on to, even if we're promoted.

How long did he sign for? I know Boyle was 2 years, was Docherty the same? If it's only 1 year like you say I doubt he'll be there next year. Was surprised he didn't move up a league last year. The fact he only played half the season and his injury record maybe put clubs off him, but that's almost a year straight he's played now without injury so hopefully put that behind him.

I'm pretty sure it's only a year. I often think it's hard to tell with defensive midfielders just how good they are in terms of what level they can play at. He's so good on the ball though so I would think top end championship anyway.

Just looked at his career starts, hadn't realised he doesn't have a career goal yet. (obviously not what he's there for) Scenes if he manages it this season though.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday, had a real cup tie feel to it with both teams going all out for the win. A draw was just about the right result but don't think any Ayr fans would have grumbled if we had sneaked a winner. We laid siege on the Ayr goal at times during the second half.

Another great battling performance from us yesterday. Defensively we continue to look solid (only 3 goals conceded in 4 games which is impressive for a team at the bottom) and Isaac has given us a whole new dimension going forward. I think there's enough evidence to suggest that we won't be at the bottom too much longer.

Noticed a banner with "shiny heed fan club" on it, Gerry must be cringing at that. :lol: As for the slogan 'we are all bald under our hair', now where have I seen that before. Get your own patter boys! post-3812-14469882202954_thumb.jpg

Noticed a banner with "shiny heed fan club" on it, Gerry must be cringing at that. :lol: As for the slogan 'we are all bald under our hair', now where have I seen that before. Get your own patter boys! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1446988218.959960.jpg

Always good to have a bit of atmosphere at the games but I'm a bit surprised that a few weren't thrown out for the constant obscene chanting !

Always good to have a bit of atmosphere at the games but I'm a bit surprised that a few weren't thrown out for the constant obscene chanting !

What they were chanting at Tiffoney was totally unacceptable. Can't just throw about stuff like that especially when they aren't even true.

What they were chanting at Tiffoney was totally unacceptable. Can't just throw about stuff like that especially when they aren't even true.

Tiffoney is on the sex offenders register, denying it because he plays for the team you support does not change the fact.

Quite surprised over the course that we never managed to get a second and take 3 points down the road.

We were very clearly worried about the pitch at the start and seemed to be asking Devlin to punt the ball long at every occasion to zero effect, struggled a bit with our passing when we eventually did start getting the ball down we made a couple great chances for Trouten which he should have put away and got ourselves ahead through Adams.

Lovely goal we scored too.

uWozg4.gif

The second half was poor all round with defences well on top (but not convincingly) and other than the Brechin goal and a save from Flemming near the end they didnt really offer any real threat (a few wild shots going nowhere aside)

We were trying to stretch their packed defence and were trying to overload on both flanks to stretch them but they caught on very quickly and nullified this after making a double sub, Docherty hit the bar and we had some balls flashing across the box just needing a touch with no takers but we didn't really get going until about 3 mins into injury time in the half so a point will do.

I thought Brechin were better than the two games previously but still look like a team who will finish around where they are currently, better referee's will certainly deal with their players constantly trying to start a fight throughout the game.

Tiffoney is on the sex offenders register, denying it because he plays for the team you support does not change the fact.

Hes on the list for secretly filming his then gf and sharing pictures with his mates. The Ayr scumbags were signing 'whats it like to shag a wean'. I take it in Ayr thats the same thing is it? More to the point why would you even 'ask' that question? Looking for some response to make you want to do it yourself? But i guess the idiots shouting it didn't think that far ahead. :rolleyes:

Archived