Brechin v Ayr 7/11/15

Quite surprised over the course that we never managed to get a second and take 3 points down the road.

We were very clearly worried about the pitch at the start and seemed to be asking Devlin to punt the ball long at every occasion to zero effect, struggled a bit with our passing when we eventually did start getting the ball down we made a couple great chances for Trouten which he should have put away and got ourselves ahead through Adams.

Lovely goal we scored too.

uWozg4.gif

The second half was poor all round with defences well on top (but not convincingly) and other than the Brechin goal and a save from Flemming near the end they didnt really offer any real threat (a few wild shots going nowhere aside)

We were trying to stretch their packed defence and were trying to overload on both flanks to stretch them but they caught on very quickly and nullified this after making a double sub, Docherty hit the bar and we had some balls flashing across the box just needing a touch with no takers but we didn't really get going until about 3 mins into injury time in the half so a point will do.

I thought Brechin were better than the two games previously but still look like a team who will finish around where they are currently, better referee's will certainly deal with their players constantly trying to start a fight throughout the game.

Were you actually at the game? And if you are pointing fingers at dirty players start with your no. 7 who was the worst offender on the park.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you actually at the game? And if you are pointing fingers at dirty players start with your no. 7 who was the worst offender on the park.

Yes, hence my accurate post.

I think you have missed what I was saying, the Brechin players flared up with Ayr players on 3 or 4 occasions unpunished. Not fouls just the footballer pushing and shoving.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday, had a real cup tie feel to it with both teams going all out for the win. A draw was just about the right result but don't think any Ayr fans would have grumbled if we had sneaked a winner. We laid siege on the Ayr goal at times during the second half.

Another great battling performance from us yesterday. Defensively we continue to look solid (only 3 goals conceded in 4 games which is impressive for a team at the bottom) and Isaac has given us a whole new dimension going forward. I think there's enough evidence to suggest that we won't be at the bottom too much longer.

Noticed a banner with "shiny heed fan club" on it, Gerry must be cringing at that. :lol: As for the slogan 'we are all bald under our hair', now where have I seen that before. Get your own patter boys! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1446988218.959960.jpg

Agreed. That banner was cringeworthy.

Nobody said his actions were acceptable nor are we "defending him". He was put on the sex offenders register for a reason. However it does not make him a paedo which is what a large number of Ayr supporters were chanting at him on Saturday. There is a big difference but I wouldn't expect the knuckle draggers from Ayr to understand that.

As many Ayr fans did when Lithgow was with you.

Don't think anyone defended him, he had shown compassion for what he done and is entitled to a second chance.

Tiffoney is still an arse piece and gives as good as he gets, trust me. It does go deeper with Ayr fans and Tiffoney, and this is why he gets pelters every time he plays Ayr. Thought he was a billy big time and managed to manipulate the system to dwindle Ayr out of money that was owed to us through the u23 rule

Moronic mob mentality by ayr fans :thumbsdown Justifying calling someone a Paedo at a football match when its untrue cos he upset a few folk, if you boys had an ounce of intelligence you'd be dangerous! :rolleyes:

I didn't call him a peado myself, however he is a sex offender who, as far as I'm aware, hasn't shown any kind of remorse for his actions. You reap what you sow, so he can't have any complaints about being bombarded with comments. In my opinion he got off very leniently.

Don't think anyone defended him, he had shown compassion for what he done and is entitled to a second chance.

Tiffoney is still an arse piece and gives as good as he gets, trust me. It does go deeper with Ayr fans and Tiffoney, and this is why he gets pelters every time he plays Ayr. Thought he was a billy big time and managed to manipulate the system to dwindle Ayr out of money that was owed to us through the u23 rule

I didn't call him a peado myself, however he is a sex offender who, as far as I'm aware, hasn't shown any kind of remorse for his actions. You reap what you sow, so he can't have any complaints about being bombarded with comments. In my opinion he got off very leniently.

This kind of sums up the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Mob mentality right enough.

What did he do to manipulate the system?

Signing for the Irish team, which meant we weren't entitled to compensation because they were not a team from Britain, (he never played a game) was subsequently released and signed for Alloa.

Opposition fans chanted about Lithgow when he was at Ayr and none of us were outraged, because what he did wasn't great and if the role was reversed I knew Ayr fans would do the same.

At the last Ayr v. Brechin game, when Brechin equalized, Tiff ran up the side terrace giving the Ayr fans a girfuy gesture, which no one took to serious because we knew he was a horse toothed wee dick.

Ayr offered him a contract within the guidelines to make sure that if he left, Ayr got a development fee if he didn't sign. I think he manufactured a bullying claim against Roberts, refused to sign and then had to sign amateur forms with Alloa to play but was paid for being a youth coach.

He signed for an Irish team and I'm sure Cameron at the time contacted the SFA to make sure the development deal was still binding cross border.

Sithgow gets called a beast regularly but I don't remember our fans doing any fake outrage at all.

Where is the fake outrage? I suppose if 50 odd folk turned up and started chanting paedo at you, you'd be ok with it? Even if its untrue?

Signing for the Irish team, which meant we weren't entitled to compensation because they were not a team from Britain, (he never played a game) was subsequently released and signed for Alloa.

Opposition fans chanted about Lithgow when he was at Ayr and none of us were outraged, because what he did wasn't great and if the role was reversed I knew Ayr fans would do the same.

At the last Ayr v. Brechin game, when Brechin equalized, Tiff ran up the side terrace giving the Ayr fans a girfuy gesture, which no one took to serious because we knew he was a horse toothed wee dick.

Ayr offered him a contract within the guidelines to make sure that if he left, Ayr got a development fee if he didn't sign. I think he manufactured a bullying claim against Roberts, refused to sign and then had to sign amateur forms with Alloa to play but was paid for being a youth coach.

He signed for an Irish team and I'm sure Cameron at the time contacted the SFA to make sure the development deal was still binding cross border.

So the reality of it is you're upset with his agent for working the system rather than Tiff himself? Fair call for calling him a paedo then :rolleyes:

Where is the fake outrage? I suppose if 50 odd folk turned up and started chanting paedo at you, you'd be ok with it? Even if its untrue?

So the reality of it is you're upset with his agent for working the system rather than Tiff himself? Fair call for calling him a paedo then :rolleyes:

Where have I called him a peado? Just making things up now?

Archived