Falkirk v Alloa

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marr was indeed awful although he was only played at right back with us where he got torn a new one virtually every week.God knows why we signed Flannigan as it was obvious from the get go that he wasn't good enough and Bob well there was a player in there somewhere but he only produced once in a blue moon and was on ridiculous wages.

Marr was indeed awful although he was only played at right back with us where he got torn a new one virtually every week.God knows why we signed Flannigan as it was obvious from the get go that he wasn't good enough and Bob well there was a player in there somewhere but he only produced once in a blue moon and was on ridiculous wages.

The writing was on the wall after Marr's league debut at right back v Dunfermline. Cardle raped him in every hole and even made new holes so much so the subbing at half time was merited and somehow Cardle didnt kick a ball up against Duffie in the 2nd half. Marr did get taken apart to a lesser content in other games too, but that one sticks out, that said he didnt look too bad at centre half when he filled in a few times.

I dont think we have enough evidence to slaughter Flannigan, two starts and a sub appearance to seemed to fit the verdict that Partick fans gave in that he would go missing when the going got tough.

I think Bobs wages from us have rubbed all of us up the wrong way, there were games where he was good but not worth the wage he was getting, clubs our size and below expect something from the big money players

Marr is an excellent centre-half, he has managed to cruise through games even this season in a pretty weak team which doesn't offer much protection to the defense. If we had a few more in his class we'd be ok. I think if Flannigan could ever manage to stay fit for more than a few games then he could play full-time easily enough.

The writing was on the wall after Marr's league debut at right back v Dunfermline. Cardle raped him in every hole and even made new holes so much so the subbing at half time was merited and somehow Cardle didnt kick a ball up against Duffie in the 2nd half. Marr did get taken apart to a lesser content in other games too, but that one sticks out, that said he didnt look too bad at centre half when he filled in a few times.

Was he not sent off and conceded a penalty?

Marr is an excellent centre-half

What would we know, Waspie? We've only watched Jason perform consistently well at centre half these last four seasons. A few games out of position several years ago as a youngster is a much better basis for an opinion. >_>

Anyone who doesn't appreciate how good a footballer O'Brien is clearly has no idea about the game.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate how good a footballer O'Brien is clearly has no idea about the game.

Okay, I'll rise to that one, and ask this - in his time at TFS, is he remembered for -

his dynamic bossing of the midfield ? No. Hard graft? No. Good work off the ball? No. Tracking back? No. Heading ability? No. Tough tackling? No. Shooting ? No. (only 1 goal I can remember, v Accies). So what exactly does that leave that makes him a " good footballer" ?

Nope goal from open play and Mark Millar was sent off, which I applauded as he was the only one out there that day that got pass marks and gave a shit. Somehow we managed to get away with a 1-0 defeat and altho the 2nd half was much better from us, due a lot to Marr being subbed, we were feckin awful.

He did and was iirc. That game finished his Falkirk career before it had even begun imo

Nope goal from open play and Mark Millar was sent off, which I applauded as he was the only one out there that day that got pass marks and gave a shit. Somehow we managed to get away with a 1-0 defeat and altho the 2nd half was much better from us, due a lot to Marr being subbed, we were feckin awful.

Sure he conceded a penalty but whoever the f**k our keeper was back then (Bobby Olejnik?) saved it. This was when we were already 1-0 down. Marr was hooked at half time Millar was sent off for a rash challenge right at the end of the game.

Archived