Falkirk v Alloa

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Okay, I'll rise to that one, and ask this - in his time at TFS, is he remembered for -

his dynamic bossing of the midfield ? No. Hard graft? No. Good work off the ball? No. Tracking back? No. Heading ability? No. Tough tackling? No. Shooting ? No. (only 1 goal I can remember, v Accies). So what exactly does that leave that makes him a " good footballer" ?

He did have a right good game at Inverness when we relegated them.

What Alloa need to get them out of this mess is David Weatherston, the ultimate professional who would give his all to any club he played for.

Had him last season, looked not too bad in the 25 minutes of football he managed to play for us in a year. Now at Brechin.

He did have a right good game at Inverness when we relegated them.

So, one good game, then. Not much of a return over his time with us - irrespective of the thorny matter of his reportedly inflated wage.

And a performance I clearly don't remember, probably because I watched that day through the gaps between my fingers.

Guest Back Post Misses

So, one good game, then. Not much of a return over his time with us - irrespective of the thorny matter of his reportedly inflated wage.

And a performance I clearly don't remember, probably because I watched that day through the gaps between my fingers.

My post was meant to be tongue in cheek. He was a huge underachieving waste of money.

Okay, I'll rise to that one, and ask this - in his time at TFS, is he remembered for -

his dynamic bossing of the midfield ? No. Hard graft? No. Good work off the ball? No. Tracking back? No. Heading ability? No. Tough tackling? No. Shooting ? No. (only 1 goal I can remember, v Accies). So what exactly does that leave that makes him a " good footballer" ?

You forgot to read my key clause, 'clearly has no idea about the game'.

the fact that Weatherston plays for Brechin and is behind Isaac Layne in the pecking order sums him up!

It doesn't really though. Weatherston was at least twice the footballer Isaac is. He is completely injury prone though.

You forgot to read my key clause, 'clearly has no idea about the game'.

No, I did indeed get your caveat, thanks; but given the (non-exhaustive, but rather fundamental) list of what he clearly couldn't do at Falkirk, I was rather hoping you were going to enlighten me. So, again, what does he do that makes him a good footballer?

No, I did indeed get your caveat, thanks; but given the (non-exhaustive, but rather fundamental) list of what he clearly couldn't do at Falkirk, I was rather hoping you were going to enlighten me. So, again, what does he do that makes him a good footballer?

Excellent game awareness and reader of the game, top class first touch and ability on the ball, decent pace (that's gone now to a large extent) and his quality and range of passing is probably as big a strength as any.

He's so talented that Blackburn Rovers paid £300k for him in 1999, when he was just 18.

He played nearly 100 games in the English Championship. Etc

He was a convenient scapegoat for many Falkirk fans because he was paid a lot of money; presumably he was given that deal because he was a proven player at SPL level? A level most of the current Bairns' first team would struggle at.

Archived