Queens v Falkirk

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk huge favourites for this.

But that's nothing new. They are simply massive, while we are but a village team who have a nerve even to share a division with such a powerhouse.

I see hosting them as a privilege and indeed an honour.

MT I am disappointed that you did not mention the Falkirk pitch is so good that Real Madrid and Bayern are looking at it.

But that's nothing new. They are simply massive, while we are but a village team who have a nerve even to share a division with such a powerhouse.

Free transport and entry for your betters would be sufficient homage.

Do it MT

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril

Bit disappointed with you here MT. Highly unbecoming TBH.

Of course we should crowd w**k like a motherfucker against this shower

Dumfries population is 32,914

Falkirk population is 35,168

No team for miles and miles near Dumfries, Falkirk have 2 teams within 2 miles..........and we're on the high speed rail line to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

No excuses, far more people have love in their heart for Falkirk, despite dirty Edinburgh AIDS mongers and filthy Glasgow Bigot monsters less than 30 mins away.

Hope we hump these Wannabe English scumbags and teach them a lesson.

I'd love to meet the queens posters, put a face to the we hate Falkirk brigade..should be in Dumfries for 11 am...

I've still a soft spot for queens, I'd welcome a meet and greet, shake hands...

I've got to say Queens have become the old st mirren of the forum for us. I Thot the old rivalry would comeback, but it appears st mirren like nothing more than to beat themselves even with Morton whipping them.

To be fair that's just generally the view of that prat BPM.

Of course we should crowd w**k like a motherfucker against this shower

Dumfries population is 32,914

Falkirk population is 35,168

No team for miles and miles near Dumfries, Falkirk have 2 teams within 2 miles..........and we're on the high speed rail line to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

No excuses, far more people have love in their heart for Falkirk, despite dirty Edinburgh AIDS mongers and filthy Glasgow Bigot monsters less than 30 mins away.

Hope we hump these Wannabe English scumbags and teach them a lesson.

:lol:

I'd love to meet the queens posters, put a face to the we hate Falkirk brigade..should be in Dumfries for 11 am...

I've still a soft spot for queens, I'd welcome a meet and greet, shake hands...

I've got to say Queens have become the old st mirren of the forum for us. I Thot the old rivalry would comeback, but it appears st mirren like nothing more than to beat themselves even with Morton whipping them.

The day St Mirren ceased being our 'rivals' was the day the arse fell out the bottom of their crowds tbh.

Personally I want Dunfermline up asap, 3 years in the sandcastle abyss is more than fair punishment imo. Though failure to gain promotion again would be extremely funny.

Queens have a cracking ground (though of course 3 sides is the future) and the prices are reasonable. I like the Queens fans, have spoken to a few post match in the cafe behind the Main Stand and they generally seem a good bunch. MT has to be my favourite though, and his post shows he's really buying in to the Falkirk philosophy ;)

We're playing well right now and hopefully we'll take a good following down. Any idea how many we'd have to bring to get the terrace open?

Role reversal for both teams this season IMO. Falkirk got off to a poor start last season because they had to bed in a few new players who took time to settle. Queens on the other hand had a fairly settled squad for a couple of seasons. This season Falkirk have started with a far more settled squad barring a couple of changes whilst Queens have had to find almost half a team and of those new players the two hopefully most influential have suffered injuries and rarely featured. Without checking I would also say that Falkirk try and put out a similar line-up each week whilst our Manager has not had the opportunity, by reason of injury, suspensions or personal choice, to field settled line-up for more than two games in a row. It is no surprise that Falkirk are doing well whilst Queens are struggling and the form book suggests that this will continue in this game. Although we have a habit of lifting our game when we are underdogs we often fall just short. A goalless draw in a dismal game up at TFS earlier this season probably gives us a slight hope of getting something from the game but any Queens fan who is approaching this match with any degree of optimism is very much in the minority.

I think this will go very much like the Hibs game at Palmerston. We'll attempt to "keep it tight" in the opening stages, concede a goal and not know what to do. The score line will then be decided by how motivated Falkirk are and how good their strikers are on the day.

Obviously McHugh and Baird are doing the business for you at the moment, but we've struggled against physical teams and balls into the box all season. So perhaps you can give Baird a much deserved rest for this one and play Lee Miller? I'm already cringing in advance of the reaction from our supporters when Baird scores and does the inevitable GIRFUY.

The day St Mirren ceased being our 'rivals' was the day the arse fell out the bottom of their crowds tbh.

Personally I want Dunfermline up asap, 3 years in the sandcastle abyss is more than fair punishment imo. Though failure to gain promotion again would be extremely funny.

Queens have a cracking ground (though of course 3 sides is the future) and the prices are reasonable. I like the Queens fans, have spoken to a few post match in the cafe behind the Main Stand and they generally seem a good bunch. MT has to be my favourite though, and his post shows he's really buying in to the Falkirk philosophy ;)

We're playing well right now and hopefully we'll take a good following down. Any idea how many we'd have to bring to get the terrace open?

St mirrens arse fell out of them moving to the new ground....Im sure I read in 7 yr there they have won 31 home games.....

Met a few St Mirren posters on my first visit to the new ground, many of which are no longer on here, tells its own story

I dont want to see Dunfermline win the league, via the play offs is fine....I dont grudge them that tho....!!

Doubt we'd take enough to open up the terracing, November not exactly the best month and with the weather being feckin awful....next visit maybe.

We are on a roll at the moment, Baird and Kerr will be up for it, not that they wont be in any case, just the extra support from Queens will do them no harm......I can already picture Bairds goal celebration

St mirrens arse fell out of them moving to the new ground....Im sure I read in 7 yr there they have won 31 home games.....

Met a few St Mirren posters on my first visit to the new ground, many of which are no longer on here, tells its own story

I dont want to see Dunfermline win the league, via the play offs is fine....I dont grudge them that tho....!!

Doubt we'd take enough to open up the terracing, November not exactly the best month and with the weather being feckin awful....next visit maybe.

We are on a roll at the moment, Baird and Kerr will be up for it, not that they wont be in any case, just the extra support from Queens will do them no harm......I can already picture Bairds goal celebration

I get that Baird and Kerr will look to do well but it`s not like it`s their first visit back to Palmerston since they left. Both played in the game in April when QOS won 1-0. Neither did much that day and indeed Kerr was booked and substituted. Fully expect Baird to play well and likely score but I doubt the fact it`s against us is all that big a deal to him in all honesty.

Edit to add I suspect it remains a bigger deal to some of our fans who will abuse him from the start and then when/if he scores demand action is taken against him when he gestures towards those who have been dishing out the abuse. :P

Can't say I especially want Baird to score but if he does, I'll change my username to Sloop John Baird if he does a full Adebayor against Arsenal-style running the full length of the pitch flicking Vs in all directions before going for either the GIRFUY/Cupped Ears/Finger to mouth/ RKO on James Fowler. The ensuing 22 man brawl and long term suspension would probably be the highlight of our season IMO.

Archived