The Outcome

What do you think will happen?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I think is immaterial*. The appeal possibility was discounted, The question is what the Title Stripping Tossers do henceforth.

Thus far you've not come up with any possibilities.

*I do think sometimes ;)

I honestly don't know what the possibilities are.

I have never received an ounce of financial or legal training. I don't profess to understand the mechanisms that could or would have to be used, or indeed if such things exist.

This layman/tosser would however hope that an avenue exists whereby a serious wrong can potentially be righted. I've been arguing about the morality of this.

It's telling that you've abandoned this aspect yourself and now wish simply to point to an absence (in your view) of a pathway by which justice can be pursued.

I fully understand why you're doing this and you may very well be right. I've been saying all along that I don't think titles will be removed.

What I don't understand though, genuinely, is why a bloke like you would be happy for your club to retain trophies purely on that basis. It really does baffle me.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said, Monkey. It's the unfairness of it all and the sheer brass neck attitude of the Rangers' fans that annoys most other fans - well it annoys me, at least. If you can't have fairness and integrity in sport then it's effectively just another industry and there's little point in following it as a fan of a diddy team.

But, wouldn't it wipe the smile off Rangers fans' faces if someone took this to the CAS or if UEFA stepped in? Highly unlikely but most of the last 3 years has bordered on the farcical, so who's to say?

We can but dream.

(Cue Kinky and his 'dry yer eyes' line.)

It was unfair and we can't have unfairness in our game, seriously get a grip of yourselves.

Are you agreeing it was unfair? Or are you just summarising?

Assuming the latter, you are being a little... disingenuous. There's a world of difference between the suspicion that certain referees might have particular OF leanings and an ex-Law Lord stating that breaking the rules so blatantly and for so long can't be properly punished because there's no way of punishing them retrospectively.

This goes way beyond 'unfair' and enters 'what's the point?' territory. A £400K fine against the old club is less than 1% of the EBT tax savings. Not even a slap on the wrist since there's no wrists left to slap.

Do you honestly feel comfortable claiming those titles on a technicality?

The_Kincardine, on 21 Nov 2015 - 22:17, said:snapback.png

Kildog,

You have a cheek to slag the gers, your club hoovered up Jig and Boyd & Stevie Smith. I wonder how you manage to be so sour about the gers on here then try justify that to yourself when you first seen it in the paper/news.

It seems like your club is amiable towards the gers anyway. Did they not abstain to vote? It seems like the Killie board certainly don't seem to think it was cheating. You should start to learn & realise your clubs identity and what your club actually support and stand for before posting your glib opinion. You should try to learn what your club actually think before you try to state the facts falsely

I wonder how this read before the edit.

It was unfair and we can't have unfairness in our game, seriously get a grip of yourselves.

This shit got endorsed by Tedi.

It really is remarkable.

If this was my club for instance, I know for a fact that the fan picture would be very different. I'm guessing fans of nearly all other Scottish clubs could say the same.

Now, obviously I'll not need to ever worry about Queens being stripped of five league titles and a sprinkling of Cups. Say for instance, something of this nature, involving deliberate malpractice came to light and cast doubt on the two third tier titles and two Challenge Cups we've won in the last fifteen years however.

Now an argument probably runs that says such honours mean less, but to our fans, they don't. Indeed a counter argument would say such titles mean more because they've not been accompanied by dozens of others down the years.

I know how I'd feel about it. I also know that not every Queens fan would see it the same way, but there would certainly be debate. I don't know of any Rangers fans at all though, who see title stripping as right and fair.

It really is as if lots of titles are so central to their support for the club.

I'm sure that's got a name.

This shit got endorsed by Tedi.

It really is remarkable.

If this was my club for instance, I know for a fact that the fan picture would be very different. I'm guessing fans of nearly all other Scottish clubs could say the same.

Now, obviously I'll not need to ever worry about Queens being stripped of five league titles and a sprinkling of Cups. Say for instance, something of this nature, involving deliberate malpractice came to light and cast doubt on the two third tier titles and two Challenge Cups we've won in the last fifteen years however.

Now an argument probably runs that says such honours mean less, but to our fans, they don't. Indeed a counter argument would say such titles mean more because they've not been accompanied by dozens of others down the years.

I know how I'd feel about it. I also know that not every Queens fan would see it the same way, but there would certainly be debate. I don't know of any Rangers fans at all though, who see title stripping as right and fair.

It really is as if lots of titles are so central to their support for the club.

I'm sure that's got a name.

Did ye, aye....

This layman/tosser would however hope that an avenue exists whereby a serious wrong can potentially be righted. I've been arguing about the morality of this.

It's telling that you've abandoned this aspect yourself and now wish simply to point to an absence (in your view) of a pathway by which justice can be pursued.

Well said, Monkey. It's the unfairness of it all and the sheer brass neck attitude of the Rangers' fans that annoys most other fans

(Cue Kinky and his 'dry yer eyes' line.)

Happy to concatenate these posts as they have the same voice.

The Diddies need a process if they want to take it further, otherwise they are just a barking mess and we couldn't have that, of course.

Our illegality was dealt with thoroughly by the LNS Commission. We were found guilty and received an apposite punishment.

Our Immorality was equally dealt with by dint of our own bankruptcy. Vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself, as England's bard said.

So the courts have meted justice as has karma. Why The Diddies can't rest easy with these outcomes is a mystery and I have a notion that the answer is more about you than it is about Rangers.

The Diddies need a process if they want to take it further, otherwise they are just a barking mess and we couldn't have that, of course.

Our illegality was dealt with thoroughly by the LNS Commission. We were found guilty and received an apposite punishment.

Our Immorality was equally dealt with by dint of our own bankruptcy. Vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself, as England's bard said.

So the courts have meted justice as has karma. Why The Diddies can't rest easy with these outcomes is a mystery and I have a notion that the answer is more about you than it is about Rangers.

I initially read 'ímmorality' as 'immortality' and thought Kinky had seen the light. Should have known better. Should also increase my Chrome zoom level.

Because they deliberately withheld money from the taxpayer and used it to get better players. Therefore they shouldn't get to keep the honours they won during this time. Why is this so hard to understand??

As the LNS commission was just that, a commission, what authority does it have? Certainly not that to declare illegality or otherwise.

I initially read 'ímmorality' as 'immortality' and thought Kinky had seen the light. Should have known better. Should also increase my Chrome zoom level.

I'd give you a shot of my varifoculs but, "The Duck's Arse affirms Rangers' immortality" is a much better soundbite ;)

Because they deliberately withheld money from the taxpayer and used it to get better players. Therefore they shouldn't get to keep the honours they won during this time. Why is this so hard to understand??

As the LNS commission was just that, a commission, what authority does it have? Certainly not that to declare illegality or otherwise.

Here's a point. Ooops you missed it. Quelle surprise ;)

Sneaky use of the word 'apposite' there.

Always like to give yourself wriggle-room, eh?

You'd be better off taking time to examine your motives.

Tax avoidance.

Do one.

Archived