The Outcome

What do you think will happen?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So back to The Outcome.

IMO nothing. The Diddies can whine like bitches but their is no mechanism to change anything.

75% agree, but the 'whining like bitches' line will be worth remembering for after Saturday's game at Almondvale :P

I'm just curious about the one 'other' voter. What was their plan? Nuclear holocaust? :shutup

So back to The Outcome.

IMO nothing. The Diddies can whine like bitches but their is no mechanism to change anything.

If the only reason for no change is the absence of a mechanism through which to see justice done; then it's no wonder that whining will ensue.

Imagine wishing to keep titles on such a basis though.

Such towering insecurity.

If the only reason for no change is the absence of a mechanism through which to see justice done; then it's no wonder that whining will ensue.

Here's the thing, Monkey. I have made many posts asking about 'mechanism'. I have even bored myself about it. The nearest anyone has come to a semi-sensible reply is you saying there should be a rerun of the LNS commission.

I can only conclude that most diddies are happy with their 'cheats' or 'frauds' bollocks and haven't a fucking scooby at how to progress this.

Here's the thing, Monkey. I have made many posts asking about 'mechanism'. I have even bored myself about it. The nearest anyone has come to a semi-sensible reply is you saying there should be a rerun of the LNS commission.

I can only conclude that most diddies are happy with their 'cheats' or 'frauds' bollocks and haven't a fucking scooby at how to progress this.

I don't disagree with you on nothing changing.

I was merely highlighting the fact that if moral arguments for the retention of titles are lacking, as they appear to be, then that's pretty unsatisfactory.

I don't disagree with you on nothing changing. I was merely highlighting the fact that if moral arguments for the retention of titles are lacking, as they appear to be, then that's pretty unsatisfactory.

Oh well....we came close to a sensible discussion.

You know I love a bit of Diddy cant but this one takes the biscuit:

moral arguments for the retention of titles

Sounds like those in the right should capitulate to the rule of the mob.

Those in the right?

How so?

I said such arguments were lacking.

Those in the right?

How so?

I said such arguments were lacking.

The onus should never be on title-holders. The 'case' should be made by the title-stripping tossers based on evidence and due process.

Nare a one has made such case which combines both elements.

Bamby, it's a personal obsession which I have banged on about for years:

Any c**t who regards posts on RM as normative in any way is a bell end.

Fair play, I think it's class reading sometimes how mental some of your fellow fans are then there's classic threads such as Scotty Allan.

I didn't say it was the norm on that forum either ma man, I said Marvin posts similar deluded mentalist shite their too.

Many sensible people believe Rangers shouldn't keep their titles. They employed a clandestine operation to recruit top class players partially funded from money that should have gone to the taxman. For 10 years. This gave them a sporting advantage.

Which part(s) of the above have I got wrong?

I'm less concerned with "process". If there's no process then there's no process but can we at least discuss & agree why so many ordinary/rational fans are angry about this.

Are Rangers now so arrogant that anyone disagreeing with Dave King's world view should be dismissed out of hand as a Rangers-hating obsessive?

Why are some Rangers fans so obsessed with what fans of other clubs think?

The authorities and the media are likely to let yourselves kid on Rangers didn't cheat and didn't die, for as long as you want. What's the problem?

Many sensible people believe Rangers shouldn't keep their titles. They employed a clandestine operation to recruit top class players partially funded from money that should have gone to the taxman. For 10 years. This gave them a sporting advantage.

Which part(s) of the above have I got wrong?

I'm less concerned with "process". If there's no process then there's no process but can we at least discuss & agree why so many ordinary/rational fans are angry about this.

Are Rangers now so arrogant that anyone disagreeing with Dave King's world view should be dismissed out of hand as a Rangers-hating obsessive?

The clandestine enterprise was entirely legal

Now you may say that EBTs were illegal but that is not what the tax authorities tried to prove or what the courts found. There was a dispute about whether payments to players and officials required taxes paid for PAYE and NI. The court said taxes had to be paid, the Tax Avoidance scheme was ruled to not in fact avoid tax liabilities at all. HMRC never pressed that it was an illegal Tax Evasion scheme that ried to hide income off-shore and out of the reach of the authorities which if found to be true would have compelled criminal charges against the parties involved

At the time Rangers failed to pay the tax man there were no rules about outstanding debts to tax authorities or any other financial fair play rules in place. Many clubs have spent beyond their means and gone unpunished. Should the funniest victory in scottish football history the 2012 Scottish Cup Final be wiped from the records because it was clear Hearts had no ability to pay their debt and the owner arrested for tax evasion.

Funniest victory?

I was buckled over for a good 60 minutes. The biggest ever Edinburgh Derby, a fixture where Hearts have dominated, Hibs and the Scottish Cup. It was a match that would have recalibrated the how people understood the rivalry. But Hibs fucked it up, Hearts dogpiled them and I saw so many Hibees faces tripping themselves at Queen Street minutes after the final whistle.

The competition are the two playoff finals, Helicopter Sunday, maybe St Mirren vs 9 man Rangers. But Hearts 5-1 Hibs tops my list as the funniest game in Scottish football.

Archived