Albion Rovers vs Pars

Looking forward to this as like a lot of our fans, this will be my first visit to Cliftonhill.

Hoping for a win obviously and think we should be taking the 3 points (THE ARROGUNZ!!!!!*). Would play the same team as started the second half on Saturday.

*Pipe down Cowden fans

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a decent support and barring injury I'd guess it will be the same that started the second half against Airdrie as Baracus suggests. If Joe Cardle is fit again he's a pretty tasty sub to be able to bring on.

We've already set a new league record for shutouts and if we can hold the Even Wee-er Rovers out for six minutes, Murdoch will have the club record for league shutouts (link explains the quirk here).

Would be disappointed with anything other than 3 points. Albion played well the first half in the tie at EEP but the second half they totally ran out of steam and we just rolled them over. They have a game midweek this week also so that hopefully plays in our favour with them being part-time.

Go for the same squad that faced Airdrie in the 2nd half.

3-0 Pars, double from Moffat and one from Paton.

Central wasn't hard to play on.

We were just shite.

Plenty of other teams have found it hard going, Cowdenbeath have lost five times away from home this season while they've only lost once at home, it's a very, very small and compact pitch which also had a really poor surface the day we played, Cowdenbeath played to there advantages, sat the defence deep, kept there shape really well and made it a game of few chances.

We were shite for a reason, Cowdenbeath had a big say in that.

Ayr are going there in a couple of weeks, if Cowdenbeath can again hold there shape as well as they did then Ayr could also find it hard going unless they are really on top of there game.

Rovers have conceded the fewest amount of goals at home this season, have only lost one game and are a good team at this level in any case, a draw here would be alright.

Tbf. If they played the game tonight v cowden, with all the rain scheduled for the next few days I'd be doubtful of Saturday's game going ahead. With tonight's game being cancelled however I think there'll be more chance of the game being on. Albion will be aware we will be travelling in numbers on Saturday as well so I'm sure they'll be doing everything in there power to make sure the game goes ahead.

Rovers are hiring giant pumping and drying equipment from Carlisle United, as well as a batalion of men, in order to get this game played against the Division's big team. A shame it couldn't arrive in time for any of the Cowden appointments.

Rovers are hiring giant pumping and drying equipment from Carlisle United, as well as a batalion of men, in order to get this game played against the Division's big team. A shame it couldn't arrive in time for any of the Cowden appointments.

Not worth the effort against Cowden to be honest. When you're playing the giants of league one that's a different matter due to our huge travelling support. As an aside do you know how many season tickets we've sold?

Not worth the effort against Cowden to be honest. When you're playing the giants of league one that's a different matter due to our huge travelling support. As an aside do you know how many season tickets we've sold?

Not enough to balance the books, again!

Archived