Albion Rovers vs Pars

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need for that yet, we've proved we can play well but we have stopped doing everything that made us so good earlier in the season.

I don't mean any disrespect to Rovers, absolutely brilliant to get that level of performance from the resources you have. Playing some nice stuff on a difficult pitch.

It might come good if we stop playing long balls but I don't even want to watch that turgid rubbish again until it changes. No more away games for me.

Utter shite pars.

Hysterical stuff. Albion were alright but no more. Had they been brilliant they would have easily won.

The pitch looked fine. We were gash. Albion should be disappointed with a point.

No more home games for me

Anyway, Faiss (£250k) needs dropped. MAC has to be a monumental p***k to not be getting a game so punt him in January and have Jamie Thomas on the bench.

Again not reading posts properly, I didn't say they were brilliant today just their level of performance with resources is superb.

They had more ideas than us anyway and we didn't look like we knew how to break them down at all, it took a set piece.

Pitch excuses are wearing thin too.

Known where we're from as "doing an Arbroath".

If we can't even attempt to equal the passing game of a part time team with crowds of a few hundred we might as well call it quits.

Only one team tried to play today. Total embarrassment and a waste of money and resources.

It's not one game, four or five now. Ayr will fucking destroy that midfield. I say midfield, there wasn't one today.

Couldn't give a f**k about equaling the passing game of Albion Rovers, for all this tika taka that they done they didn't pose us problems throughout the game, they had there wondergoal and what else? Think the next time they troubled the goal was a good attempt by Love from distance.

Meanwhile Faiss had one fantastically blocked of the line, Moff drags one across goal from six yards, Hoppy has a go at an open goal and Wallace should've buried that header.

We had plenty chances, far, far more than Rovers, maybe they should've copied whatever game we were playing and they might have troubled the goal more.

You're getting utterly hysterical and all worked up, calm down.

Again not reading posts properly, I didn't say they were brilliant today just their level of performance with resources is superb.

They had more ideas than us anyway and we didn't look like we knew how to break them down at all, it took a set piece.

Pitch excuses are wearing thin too.

They had more ideas? It took a set piece?

Their goal came from a fucking set piece, outwith Love's late effort, where were their great ideas?

Absolute nonsense.

A superb result for Rovers, it was important for us to get right back in the game as we really were under the cosh in the first 15 minutes.

Second half we did ok and created some chances which Barrowman fluffed and there were a couple of times the final ball should have been better.

Our defence was outstanding particularly the two Dunlops and the kept us end at the end. Another good performance by Fisher who has been our most consistent player over the last 6 weeks.

We're actually seeing the benefit of a small squad at the moment. These guys are working their socks off for each other and the management. They must have good reason for sticking with Barrowman. Injuries and suspensions - Turnbull must be close - will be a test.

Have see the Pars twice recently- Cowdenbeath and yesterday at Cliftonhill and been very disappointed in what I have seen. There seems to be a lack of belief/confidence about them, don't know why given the quality of player that they have in relation to this league and given the way they were winning until recently. To me, there are real question marks about the mid field who seem to either pass the ball sideways or just lump a long ball forward; no one seems willing to take responsibility to try and make the incisive pass. The mid field also stood off far too often instead of closing down their opponents and allowed rovers to play and no doubt the home team gained confidence from this. Josh made a difference when he cam on as he had some fight about him. To me, desperately need a mid field general. Just my twopence worth

We're actually seeing the benefit of a small squad at the moment. These guys are working their socks off for each other and the management. They must have good reason for sticking with Barrowman. Injuries and suspensions - Turnbull must be close - will be a test.

Our small squad looks to have been turned around to our advantage. Many fans including myself have had a moan about the squad size. When you think about it Paul Martin got the club promoted with a squad of about 18/19 players.

Can't help think Billy Stark has ha a huge influence on things.

Our small squad looks to have been turned around to our advantage. Many fans including myself have had a moan about the squad size. When you think about it Paul Martin got the club promoted with a squad of about 18/19 players.

Question - work out the common factor in the following two equations:

DY + SC = League 2 Champions.

DY + BS = Best start to a campaign in League 1.

So I think the Rovers fans are going to need to calm down and reflect: Barrowman's ahead of Gemmell for a reason, Davidson's an automatic for a reason. The league position is the result of team effort and spirit which must be preserved.

Question - work out the common factor in the following two equations:

DY + SC = League 2 Champions.

DY + BS = Best start to a campaign in League 1.

The answer is clearly that these performances are despite our inexperienced rookie manager and not because of him. He has no talent whatsoever and has been a burden for the former St. Johnstone managers, who have had to pull all the strings and deserve all the credit.

After our next promotion Billy Stark will get the top management job he deserves and Darren will appoint Owen Coyle as his new assistant so someone new can take the credit for our ascent of the Championship.

Happy for this to continue for as long as we can keep DY.

Barrowman's ahead of Gemmell for a reason

It must be a non-football reason as the guy was a absolute passenger again yesterday, and the only poor performer in a decent showing.

I really thought we were going to get murdered early on as Dunfermline started really well and pressed the life out of us. Mullin 's strike was the turning point and it was pretty even from then on. Mick Dunlop was MotM for me although I can see why the sponsors wanted to honour Mullin's goal.

Tuesday has to be a must-win and then we get a free go at Morton; good times, indeed.

We were hopeless yesterday. The key moment was their clearance off the line, shortly after they went up the pitch and scored. The foul that led to the free-kick for their goal looked like a fair challenge to me.

Ayr look indestructible this season.

It amazes me that Antoine-Curier can't get a start, this time last season he was one of the top scorers in the Premier.

He must be a monumental tosser as he isn't even coming off the bench now.

Hope he fucks off in January

We were hopeless yesterday. The key moment was their clearance off the line, shortly after they went up the pitch and scored. The foul that led to the free-kick for their goal looked like a fair challenge to me.

Ayr look indestructible this season.

We've been destructed once, we will be again.

He must be a monumental tosser as he isn't even coming off the bench now.

Hope he fucks off in January

Just reminds me of a fit Beattie/Kyle who were useless lumps. The difference is MAC probably isn't blowing out his arse after 20 minutes.

Archived