Albion Rovers vs Pars

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't make the game but thrilled that this workmanlike squad are making life difficult for teams above us. We should herewith stop thinking about the relegation play-offs and transfer our attention to the position our endeavours deserve, ie the one we're in.

I didn't make the game but thrilled that this workmanlike squad are making life difficult for teams above us. We should herewith stop thinking about the relegation play-offs and transfer our attention to the position our endeavours deserve, ie the one we're in.

You guys have proven yourselfs more than capable of competing in this league, the target needs to be staying in the promotion play-offs, theres little point in plodding away into a comfortable 6th or 7th.

As for ourselves, the pressure is on every week to win and when we're in full flow thats not a difficult challenge, we seem to have difficulty in grabbing the victory when our standards drop just a little, this needs to change.

Drawing far too many games and its costing us as Ayr keep winning.

A point away would have been alright had Ayr dropped points yet they didn't so its a poor result for us.

We've drawn the exact same amount of games as Ayr, the issue is we've lost to many games really tbh.

The division is looking interesting. Ayr and Dunfermline will dispute the title, with United looking the more ruthless at present. Brechin will be tenth and I feel sorry to say Stranraer ninth. Cowden 8th and the other 5 slogging it out for the two remaining play-off places.

Thought the Rovers central defence was excellent - gave our front two no time on the ball. All too static from us up front.

Great attacking header from Geggan for our goal and sublime shot for Rovers' goal but no surprise the only goals came from set pieces.

Big BRE, sporting a fetching Mr T look, has developed a unique ability to perform a slide tackle that simultaneously launches the ball the length of the park. Unique in world football. Some boy.

Anyone else surprised to find packets of Mentos are accepted currency in Coatbridge?

A hard fought point today, sets us up nicely for the game against Cowden on Tuesday.

The defence had a decent game with the exception of Dunfermline's goal. I've rarely seen an easier set piece. Stewart did well throughout, not having too much to do in the way of match winning saves. The Dunlop's and Reid were fairly solid, Turnbull on the left played the best I've seen him this season.

Yet again Gary Fisher was my man of the match, he has proven himself a more than able replacement for Young over the last 6 weeks or so. Josh Mullin's goal was a peach and he was our biggest threat going forward, plenty of counter attacking moves but just not enough quality up front. Barrowman had another quiet afternoon with just a header going over the bar and a tame shot in the second half all I can remember.

What is worrying is that there isn't much in the way of options on the bench to change a game. I get the feeling Ally Love was denied a starting place to give us that option. Am I right in thinking Gemmell is now available for Tuesday night? If he is then he should start.

This is by no means an expectation but it's not outwith our reach. This unexpected result means we could lead the chasing pack and go 4 points clear of 5th place by Tuesday bedtime.

Josh Mullin doesn't get many goals but apparently when he does score it's invariably a belter. I vividly remember his last minute full-pitch run against Annan last year, and it sounds like those who made it today won't be forgetting this one in a hurry...

I too missed this game in favour of a very entertaining afternoon with the Movie Doctors, thinking today we might get the humbling defeat we're possibly due, but I gladly take missing a great result over being present at a bad one.

Archived