Would you accept an apology...?

Would you accept an apology from The Rangers?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ask Darryl aff o Clyde 1. Pure rangers man stuck you right in then he fucked off to florida to hide for a bit. He seen the side letters and totally got the wind direction wrong when he was gibbering about seeing them thinking it made it all above board. Even Dj and Dalziel were like Wtf.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The case against Messi has been dropped.

As of the 6th Oct Messi has been cleared of any wrong doing by Spanish state prosecutors.

His father is in the shit and facing a 4 million euro fine and a jail term......case against him is still ongoing.

Well in that case messi should be stripped from history , his auld mans tax avoidance clearly have him an unfair advantage in pumping messi's maw, in the name of sporting integrity

Well in that case messi should be stripped from history , his auld mans tax avoidance clearly have him an unfair advantage in pumping messi's maw, in the name of sporting integrity

The side letter he has clearly states he has the right to pump her.

I know you're trying to be funny, but there has to be a germ of truth in what you're saying for it to work.

Messi's tax dodging behaviour is pretty despicable for one so wealthy. However, it hasn't actually made him a better player, just a less sympathetic one. I also don't think it involved the breaking of football rules.

Rangers' tax antics made them a better team. They also involved breaching football rules, resulting in a huge fine.

I agree with Mr Tennis about the continuation. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and the their supporters are happy to believe it's a duck who am I to argue? They are Rangers - let's bin the Newco nonsense.

Now, that's not quite what I said.

I accept a continuation of sorts, but it's not been seamless.

They are kind of new; kind of old.

I know you're trying to be funny, but there has to be a germ of truth in what you're saying for it to work.

Messi's tax dodging behaviour is pretty despicable for one so wealthy. However, it hasn't actually made him a better player, just a less sympathetic one. I also don't think it involved the breaking of football rules.

Rangers' tax antics made them a better team. They also involved breaching football rules, resulting in a huge fine.

How did it make us a better team , can you guarantee me right now that you have solid proof or evidence that any players signed would have done otherwise without the use of the EBT scheme?

How did it make us a better team , can you guarantee me right now that you have solid proof or evidence that any players signed would have done otherwise without the use of the EBT scheme?

Why did Rangers not disclose side letters?

Rangers broke the rules in not disclosing the side-letters. The onus is on Rangers to provide evidence that these players would still have signed for Rangers without the EBTs.

"Eh, Arthur. We cannae afford to pay you 2M a year. Would you join us for 1.5?"

"Sorry, Rangers. It has to be the full 2M or I'm off to some Dutch club."

"Right you are then, Mr Numan. Mr King will just make up the difference out of his own pocket."

Repeat for the 70-odd other players on the scheme.

Seem credible to me.

Of course I can't guarantee something right now with concrete proof - what a stupid thing to say.

That mate, really is the logic of an eleven year old.

Like you though, I know that that was the point of the scheme, and that said scheme's dodginess meant it had to be concealed from governing bodies when players were being registered.

If you want to discuss this with adults, construct an argument that suggests you might be one.

Ebt's are well known to increase both speed and footballing skills. An ebt can turn a sebo into a Messi within a matter of hours.

Ebt's are well known to increase both speed and footballing skills. An ebt can turn a sebo into a Messi within a matter of hours.

No, Bennett.

That's a pitifully unsuccessful attempt at humour, because once more, it lacks that vital germ of truth.

As already pointed out, the tax situation does not affect a player's ability. It can however affect who he plays for and therefore affect how good any particular team might be.

But but, titles, on the pitch, in the accounts, authorities......blah blah blah.

The EBT scheme was designed to gain an advantage, that's why it was employed, the question whether it was an unfair advantage is clearly demonstrated by side letters, those administering the scheme at the time knew it, all Rangers fans know it now, getting the old clubs fans to admit it, that's a different story.

Rangers broke the rules in not disclosing the side-letters. The onus is on Rangers to provide evidence that these players would still have signed for Rangers without the EBTs.

The EBT scheme was designed to gain an advantage, that's why it was employed, the question whether it was an unfair advantage is clearly demonstrated by side letters, those administering the scheme at the time knew it, all Rangers fans know it now, getting the old clubs fans to admit it, that's a different story.

The side letter issue has been fully investigated and we were found guilty and fined. The commission also declared there was no unfair advantage.

Why diddies keep flogging this particular dead horse is beyond me

The side letter issue has been fully investigated and we were found guilty and fined. The commission also declared there was no unfair advantage.

Why diddies keep flogging this particular dead horse is beyond me

but have rangers paid the fine?

Archived