Would you accept an apology...?

Would you accept an apology from The Rangers?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently during our recent match at the Bernaboo in Paisley we received a goal kick when St mirren should have received a corner kick.

On behalf of all bears I'd like to apologise for us using ebt's to influence such an important part of the match.

Sorry buddies.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they've cheated, and I genuinely believe they have, then their titles should be stripped a la Armstrong, Johnson, Green etc.

I wouldn't give the titles to anyone else, but just have the records show "No title awarded" or *Rangers (found to have fielded ineligible players, or whatever the appropriate wording for their cheating is).

An apology would help, but we're not going to get that, because that would be an admission of guilt, and they know the possible consequences of their admitting their guilt.

Also, apologies tend to come from a position of humility and shame - not attributes I'd associate with either manifestation of the Ibrox-based team/club/company.

Edited for poor spelling

In 2012, Kngc said, and I quote, "Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about. And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.‘With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for this."

Seems reasonable, but it would be a brave Bear who would put such a poll in this section. Likely to take a hell of a beating from the hordes, on the numbers posting alone.

Shuggy, as you've observed, the hordes do hunt in packs but someone has to extend the olive branch.. The likelihood is that they'd claim it was a tainted olive branch which couldn't be trusted.

Much more importantly, if I can go a bit T_K on you:

"... for we..." -> "... for us..."

That's a matter of style, I think. Mind you, much English grammar is about style rather than rules. The apostrophe is different, of course ;)

Yes I would accept the apology as final.

If they actually showed they meant it and where humble. Yes it would be accepted.

More chance of Craig Whyte winning sports personality of the year though (I would vote him)

Hordes of Rangers fans?

There's about five of us on here.

I reckon we could muster a dozen at least. There are sensible Bears who step back from the daily shite that you and I are up to our oxters in.

Yes I would accept the apology as final.

Sake. That's the second time today I agree with a Bamby post. The world's coming to an end.

I reckon we could muster a dozen at least. There are sensible Bears who step back from the daily shite that you and I are up to our oxters in.

Sake. That's the second time today I agree with a Bamby post. The world's coming to an end.

Have they still not fixed the drains at Ibrox?

Apparently during our recent match at the Bernaboo in Paisley we received a goal kick when St mirren should have received a corner kick.

On behalf of all bears I'd like to apologise for us using ebt's to influence such an important part of the match.

Sorry buddies.

Bennett, even by your hideously low standards, that's just a load of unfunny rubbish.

EBTs ended years ago. Why would you imply that anyone's suggesting a recent influence?

Bennett, even by your hideously low standards, that's just a load of unfunny rubbish. EBTs ended years ago. Why would you imply that anyone's suggesting a recent influence?

He is getting confused between loans and EBTs. Easy mistake to make when your club has relied on one or other for the last 25 years.

I don't think we will see any title stripping nor do I care*.

What for sure you will never see is the admission of guilt and an apology from them, That would make them liable to pay back all monies won from cheating. If they relinquish all claims to the old club and move on that would do for me.

* I reserve the right to laugh my ass off if it happens.

If they relinquish all claims to the old club and move on that would do for me.

So a compromise for you in exchange for trophies won during the EBT era is to give up all trophies won since 1872/3 including those during the EBT era?....

So a compromise for you in exchange for trophies won during the EBT era is to give up all trophies won since 1872/3 including those during the EBT era?....

You gave them up when you let your club go down the shitter leading to liquidation.

And admittance you let your club die would be extremely honest of hog to begin with. Perhaps then start diss-associating yourself with the bigotry and traditions your old club had instead of glorifying it's old past and letting it's memories live on. Sure, you have the old clubs stadium and colours but just like your dropped all the £ due to the 100s of creditors your old club shamelessly bumped you could let go of the sectarian past also?

You gave them up when you let your club go down the shitter leading to liquidation.

And admittance you let your club die would be extremely honest of hog to begin with. Perhaps then start diss-associating yourself with the bigotry and traditions your old club had instead of glorifying it's old past and letting it's memories live on. Sure, you have the old clubs stadium and colours but just like your dropped all the £ due to the 100s of creditors your old club shamelessly bumped you could let go of the sectarian past also?

But without their bigotry, they are nothing.

Archived