Would you accept an apology...?

Would you accept an apology from The Rangers?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like 30 or 40 years, we'll still have the nutters campaigning to get titles stripped.

I do think there is a genuine debate to be had but this forum is not really providing it.

Don't understand how everyone just goes round in round in circles with each other for a few years now. Too many deeply entrenched views to have a proper discussion about it.

I do think there is a genuine debate to be had but this forum is not really providing it.

Don't understand how everyone just goes round in round in circles with each other for a few years now. Too many deeply entrenched views to have a proper discussion about it.

I'm in the same camp as you, truth and reconciliation is the way towards an end game, I, unlike most others, have a genuine sympathy towards the fans of The Rangers, not the ones who are full of bluster & Follow,Follow.

They also paid their hard earned to watch a skewed playing field, a little remorse and humility would go a great distance towards removing my present feelings for the club at Ibrox.

Does it matter if they issue an apology ?.....I think not.

It's a new club anyway, despite what the blue bigots who infest ibrox say, and despite what the corrupt authorities say.

Let the record books show 'void' next to the trophies the won and a 'defunct in 2012' next to rangers name.

I mean...it's not as if this stuff didn't happen.

If we're going down the apology route I assume we will also get one from Celtic. Here are just some of the reasons:

Crowing fans going on about their title success without any recognition of their overwhelming financial superiority.

Complaining about a lack of competition whilst using said financial superiority to hoover up every promising player from other clubs; often to let said players whither on the bench.

Dragging down the coefficient by being absolutely shite in Europe.

Using all their means to dominate the game in Scotland whilst constantly claiming that they really want to play in the English leagues.

Being Celtic.

Just saying like....

If they've cheated, and I genuinely believe they have, then their titles should be stripped a la Armstrong, Johnson, Green etc.

I wouldn't give the titles to anyone else, but just have the records show "No title awarded" or *Rangers (found to have fielded ineligible players, or whatever the appropriate wording for their cheating is).

An apology would help, but we're not going to get that, because that would be an admission of guilt, and they know the possible consequences of their admitting their guilt.

Also, apologies tend to come from a position of humility and shame - not attributes I'd associate with either manifestation of the Ibrox-based team/club/company.

Edited for poor spelling

Spot on.

Some humility and contrition would actually be welcome. In that sense, it would be accepted.

It wouldn't make any difference to the need for title stripping though.

That would still need to happen in order to publicly protect our game.

If we're going down the apology route I assume we will also get one from Celtic. Here are just some of the reasons:

Crowing fans going on about their title success without any recognition of their overwhelming financial superiority.

Complaining about a lack of competition whilst using said financial superiority to hoover up every promising player from other clubs; often to let said players whither on the bench.

Using all their means to dominate the game in Scotland whilst constantly claiming that they really want to play in the English leagues.

Being Celtic.

Just saying like....

Sorry :(

Your turn, Sevco.

Hahaha. Predictable answer.

We had to lie to operate a legal scheme = cheating. Your logic is incredible but not surprising.

Now, your own chairman has used film companies for tax relief.......

You must live a pitiful life.

It was the correct answer.

Rangers had to lie to conceal a system that if exposed, could land them with a bill that would lead to their certain liquidation.

Innocent, isolated registration errors are traditionally treated extremely seriously. This was deliberate and sustained. That's why titles need stripped.

You'll note that I didn't need to use words like "cheating" or "illegal" in explaining this to you.

Being Celtic.

Just saying like....

All true.

Add in their pandering to the green brigade.

Add in the fact that there is a bloody green brigade.

Some jake from Stirling knows better than LNS...

If it was Celtic then II doubt that anyone would be on the faux offended bandwagon.

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

When did this become about Celtic?????? The term appears in nearly all your posts.

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

When did this become about Celtic?????? The term appears in nearly all your posts.

Take it up with bino balls as he brought them into it.

You are all over the place tonight, lashing out and making a right kunt of yourself.

Take it up with bino balls as he brought them into it.

You are all over the place tonight, lashing out and making a right kunt of yourself.

"You seem to have an issue, and I've a fair idea as to what it is...and for your information I share this wifi connection"

© benny/Vicky the viking who live in a B&B.

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

It's the agenda the ***s are a pushing.. They didn't cheat or get liquidated, dodging tax, side letters is all normal practice, it's all Celtic being jealous and trying to get poor rangers and sevco in trouble...

Everything Vicky says lately translates, It's all Celtics fault what happened... :lol:

Romeo, shouldn't there be a balancing poll for we Bears? Something like, "Would you admit your club's guilt and offer a sincere apology as a compromise towards burying the hatchet?" or some such?

Seems reasonable, but it would be a brave Bear who would put such a poll in this section. Likely to take a hell of a beating from the hordes, on the numbers posting alone.

Much more importantly, if I can go a bit T_K on you:

"... for we..." -> "... for us..."

Archived