Killie v Thistle

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balatoni was shite in the Prem, a legend in the First and an all round top boi.

I'm still going to boo him to f**k on Saturday*

*I'm not, I'm a grown man, but I might call him a fucking w****r and a useless c**t. He'll be too far away to hear me though, so it's OK.

I do wonder if there'll be a difference in the reception Balatoni and Higginbotham get from the away support on Saturday. I think they've done exactly the same thing, left for more money - which is fine - but made themselves look a bit daft in the process, Conrad with his "I'd love to test myself in a different environment" before signing for a fellow relegation struggler in the same league, and Higginbotham with his plastic pitches u-turn. I suspect Balatoni has a bit more credit in the bank, especially after Higgy's antics at Firhill in the last game.

I just collected my ticket for Saturday from the club.

However they weren't in the office but had been left in the Portakabin at the back of the JHS.

Not many going for the pre purchase option then?

;)

I do wonder if there'll be a difference in the reception Balatoni and Higginbotham get from the away support on Saturday. I think they've done exactly the same thing, left for more money - which is fine - but made themselves look a bit daft in the process, Conrad with his "I'd love to test myself in a different environment" before signing for a fellow relegation struggler in the same league, and Higginbotham with his plastic pitches u-turn. I suspect Balatoni has a bit more credit in the bank, especially after Higgy's antics at Firhill in the last game.

Did Conrad not genuinely want to go abroad but couldn't get a move?whereas Higgy's rant about pitches and then signing for killie just made him look a fud.

At least this thread has started to venture into discussing football again.

As others have mentioned, Thistle don't like playing against Obadeyi and Magennis (the latter absolutely ragdolling Thistle defenders on the previous two meetings) so I have confidence that our attacking three behind Josh can cause them issues. McKenzie is out for six weeks unfortunately, but we have capable replacements.

Can only see Slater coming back in, as Robinson's more defensive/safe style won't be needed as much this weekend. Stevie Smith will also continue wowing the watching world with his transformation into a good central midfielder. The only real question will likely be Connolly or Findlay? As good as Findlay has been, I'd stick with the captain. Although it's nice to be able to have a positive selection headache at the back for once, and not worry about who has to be the one paired up with Lee fucking Ashcroft this week.

MacDonald

O'Hara Balatoni Connolly McHattie

Smith Slater

Obadeyi Higginbotham Kiltie

Magennis

I predicted 3-1 on the podcast, and I'll likely stick with that now. Looking forward to a few drinks in town before the game though, especially if Paris Match still have that wine offer :wub:

Balatoni used to slip and fall on his arse quite regularly for us. Often when he was the last man defending or in other crucial situations. Good player for the Jags over the years and seems like a generally decent guy, but we lost a few goals in the past couple of years thanks to him decking it, so it would be nice if he was still doing that and it leads to a Thistle goal on Saturday.

Very much this. We all need to remember he was part of a defence that made calvin zola look like a player

"Part of" being the operative phrase there. Most notably in Thistle's first season up, when ATS and O'Donnell would bomb on up the park, it would leave the defenders exposed. Entertaining as f**k to watch, but a nightmare for a defender.

Facts are that since Balatoni has featured, we've conceded seven times in seven games (including an away game at Celtic Park), whereas at the start of the season we conceded fifteen times in the opening six games.

Of course he isn't the sole reason for the improvement, all the defence have played their part, but he has became a part of a defence that look comfortable now. Given that his regular centre-half partner was out on Saturday, and we went on to draw with Celtic, you can start to see that Balatoni may be one of the decisive factors. At Killie, he now has Mark O'Hara at right-back and Kevin McHattie at left-back who are focussed primarily on defending, and that helps Balatoni greatly.

At least this thread has started to venture into discussing football again.

"Part of" being the operative phrase there. Most notably in Thistle's first season up, when ATS and O'Donnell would bomb on up the park, it would leave the defenders exposed. Entertaining as f**k to watch, but a nightmare for a defender.

Facts are that since Balatoni has featured, we've conceded seven times in seven games (including an away game at Celtic Park), whereas at the start of the season we conceded fifteen times in the opening six games.

Defensively Balatoni was okay, I miss him for the way he can take the ball out of defence and even go on the odd mazy run.

He and Freddy had a good run in to the end of last season.

They just seemed to click when it mattered. Seabourne is arguably the best out of the three but his distribution especially at home is honking although he is starting to forge a decent partnership with Liam Lindsay.

The first half of the game at Fir hill is the best we've played thus season, certainly in an attacking way. I'd be happy with a gritty performance and the Three points on Saturday though ;)

I predicted 3-1 on the podcast, and I'll likely stick with that now. Looking forward to a few drinks in town before the game though, especially if Paris Match still have that wine offer :wub:

^^^ wannabe Thistleista :P

Defensively Balatoni was okay, I miss him for the way he can take the ball out of defence and even go on the odd mazy run.

He and Freddy had a good run in to the end of last season.

They just seemed to click when it mattered. Seabourne is arguably the best out of the three but his distribution especially at home is honking although he is starting to forge a decent partnership with Liam Lindsay.

The first half of the game at Fir hill is the best we've played thus season, certainly in an attacking way. I'd be happy with a gritty performance and the Three points on Saturday though ;)

Thistle were decent in that first half, granted. Both teams have improved but Killie markedly so. I'll be disappointed if we don't win on Saturday, put it that way.

^^^ wannabe Thistleista :P

If liking a nice glass of wine makes me a Thistleista then that's a price worth paying ;)

Even Gretna got to Europe when they spent money they never had.

Great point. But what has that got to do with Kilmarnock?

Thistle were decent in that first half, granted. Both teams have improved but Killie markedly so. I'll be disappointed if we don't win on Saturday, put it that way.

Much the same feeling as myself from a red n yellow perspective. We were not bad on Saturday and in midfield Welsh and GGF were decent after sluggish starts to the season.

With Bannigan back from suspension we'll have a full squad aside from Elliott to choose from and Cerny.

The players will have taken a boost from coming back from a goal down to win. Stevo could come in in place of Amoo and he loves a goal against KFC.

I'll be interested to see if Higgy and Balatoni will sink or swim against us. Kallum had a decent game back in August and had a couple of assists.

If liking a nice glass of wine makes me a Thistleista then that's a price worth paying ;)

Do they do nibbles/ tapas? :huh:

Getting the train. Aside from Fannys is there anywhere worth going in the town centre or on the way to the ground?

Much the same feeling as myself from a red n yellow perspective. We were not bad on Saturday and in midfield Welsh and GGF were decent after sluggish starts to the season.

With Bannigan back from suspension we'll have a full squad aside from Elliott to choose from and Cerny.

The players will have taken a boost from coming back from a goal down to win. Stevo could come in in place of Amoo and he loves a goal against KFC.

I'll be interested to see if Higgy and Balatoni will sink or swim against us. Kallum had a decent game back in August and had a couple of assists.

Call me biased, but I think this could be the match of the weekend. Kenny Shiels doing the half-time draw as well.

Do they do nibbles/ tapas? :huh:

Getting the train. Aside from Fannys is there anywhere worth going in the town centre or on the way to the ground?

No Tapas, but the Haggis Tempura is the bollocks http://parismatchkilmarnock.com/mainmenu.pdf

Paris Match or the Brass & Granite really. We normally go Wetherspoons for cheap beer and breakfast - Paris Match - Oceans - Brass - game. Avoid the Portmann though - they've been hosting fundraising nights for the SDL so not exactly a top choice any longer.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14107082.Partick_Thistle_manager_Alan_Archibald_says_there_s_no_place_for_plastic_pitches_in_Premiership/

Shots fired 8)

Could this mean Abzy Osman may be rested with Banzo coming in for him?

I'm not sure if Seabourne Dan is fan of 3g surfaces eitber.

Archived