Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Why would the SNP sling mud at Alba?

I don't think that will be their plan but when the MSM start asking SNP members what they think about it there will surely be some sly digs. I already posted an SNP MP/MSP tweet which was and I quote "Hahahahahahhahahahahahaha" in reaction to Salmonds announcement...

Edited by Stormzy

10 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Which Party, SNP or Alba has the most perverts ( could affect the feminist/gay/trans vote ) ??

Tories have already had to sack one candidate for being a bit mental but likely more will fall in the coming weeks.

Alba will play it safe by picking up candidates that have passed the SNP checks or similar but Alex could have sunk away out of the spotlight and probably never had to address his behaviour but it will now be brought up legitimately at every interview. Him and his party will cruise the Wing over Scotland vote but I'm not sure that will be enough to get bums on seats.

I don't think that will be their plan but when the MSM start asking SNP members what they think about it there will surely be some sly digs. I already posted an SNP MP/MSP tweet which was and I quote "Hahahahahahhahahahahahaha" in reaction to Salmonds announcement...
They won't sling mud at Alba - they will be generally ignored by the SNP because they will be focusing on the constituencies.

4 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

Let's just see what happens.

My hunch is that Alba will attract mainly all the YES voters who said they were planning to abstain in this election. I do think they will pick up about 3-4% of SNP list votes and maybe small number of Greens. That in itself might balance things out. I am actually not convinced it will change the final number or pro or anti Indy majority that much but i would love to be proved wrong if it means more Pro Indy MSP's.

Aye but we need to have a little bit of speculation to separate the men from the boys.. 

You've made a fair assesment imo and I agree but with hopefully the opposite outcome! 

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

They won't sling mud at Alba - they will be generally ignored by the SNP because they will be focusing on the constituencies.

Some of them will definitely embrace the easy journalism option, if they get asked what do you think of Salmond I'm willing to bet at least one will mention the sleepy cuddles etc..  

As I said I don't think it will be the focus at all just that they will probably fall in to the predictable election mode shit smearing strategy. They are politicians at the end of the day.

9 minutes ago, Pato said:

I just laughed out loud at this because finally there's a party that would take Craig Murray and he's away to jail 😄

In the National, he's alreaady announced as an AFI candidate.  It now appears that the've stood down all 42 of their candidates.

Edited by Saltire

Dross in sensible comment shock 

Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross said: "Alex Salmond is a discredited figure who admitted appalling behaviour towards women during his time as SNP first minister and right-thinking people will want nothing to do with him or his new party."

Is the deposit for Holyrood still £500?

Surprised there aren't more joke candidates these days. You'd think most folk could manage to crowdfund that for something daft like the Monster Raving Loonies, Paint Your Penis Green Party, or the Liberal Democrats.

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The c**t would've been drooling all over Salmond if he'd decided to join the Tories, inappropriate conduct be damned.

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Did he admit "appalling behaviour"  I really don't think he used that word at all.

BBC main news  - top story  Unfortunately covered by Sarah Smith and not making any distinction between constutuency and list votes - with great emphasis on a "huge" fued between him anf Nicola Sturgeon - no mention of potential of increasing the pro independence mSPs 

Edited by Caledonian1

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Did he admit "appalling behaviour"  I really don't think

BBC main news  - top story  Unfortunately covered by Sarah Smith and not making any distinction between constutuency and list votes - with great emphasis on a "huge" fued between him anf Nicola Sturgeon - no mention of potential of increasing the pro independence mSPs 

Described as a "sex pest" and "objectionable bully" by Gordon Jackson

10 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Did he admit "appalling behaviour"  I really don't think he used that word at all.

They only really see SNP as being the party of Independence. It’ll be spun that any votes for other party is a vote against it, even when the vote is for the Greens or Alba party. They do this already. 

That is what is frustrating about this, it’s going to just be the media talking about the feud between Sturgeon and Salmond and giving them the opportunity to take up the trial, the hearings, Sturgeons defence of breaking the ministerial code etc. 

This party isn’t for Independence. It’s to boost his ego by staying in the media and trying to be relevant again.

12 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Described as a "sex pest" and "objectionable bully" by Gordon Jackson

This has slipped into Sturgeon fanboy mythology but it's not true.

When his QC was under surveillance he was recorded in a private conversation saying: "being a sex pest but he's not charged with that"

We don't know what comes before being because the Sunday Times edited the video. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Some of them will definitely embrace the easy journalism option, if they get asked what do you think of Salmond I'm willing to bet at least one will mention the sleepy cuddles etc..  

As I said I don't think it will be the focus at all just that they will probably fall in to the predictable election mode shit smearing strategy. They are politicians at the end of the day.

If they make too much of his past they'll lose votes themselves, there are plenty I know that can't stand Sturgeon and are only lending her their Indy vote.