Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

Interestingly the Alba Party have started following 3 people on Twitter Alex, the SNP and a media strategist formerly of the SNP I think the alba party will try to keep in with the SNP but I don't think the SNP will be very interested in entertaining them

Salmond is Farage?

Fine by me. Farage actually won.

I'm sick of fighting the good fight when the other side get to deploy every shitty low blow tactic as we piously look about for the non-existent ref.

A list vote for the SNP is pretty much wasted outside of the South of Scotland constituencies.

I'll be voting Green or Alba as my list vote. Seeing utter wanks like Murdo Fraser and Annie Wells hitting the dole queue would be magic!

Interestingly the Alba Party have started following 3 people on Twitter Alex, the SNP and a media strategist formerly of the SNP I think the alba party will try to keep in with the SNP but I don't think the SNP will be very interested in entertaining them
The best thing the SNP can do is ignore Alba and focus on the constituencies.

Will be interesting if Salmond is invited on to the debates as well - I think they'll do it because they think it will show tension between Alba and SNP but the opposite will happen and Forres Gump will get bitch slapped by both.

3 minutes ago, wirez said:

Salmond is Farage?

Fine by me. Farage actually won.

I'm sick of fighting the good fight when the other side get to deploy every shitty low blow tactic as we piously look about for the non-existent ref.

A list vote for the SNP is pretty much wasted outside of the South of Scotland constituencies.

I'll be voting Green or Alba as my list vote. Seeing utter wanks like Murdo Fraser and Annie Wells hitting the dole queue would be magic!

You have to wonder why the SNP would rather get a few paltry seats on the list rather than encourage everyone to pile in to someone else to dilute the Unionist numbers. 

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The best thing the SNP can do is ignore Alba and focus on the constituencies.

Will be interesting if Salmond is invited on to the debates as well - I think they'll do it because they think it will show tension between Alba and SNP but the opposite will happen and Forres Gump will get bitch slapped by both.

Do you think there will be a traditional debate? I could see it just being SNP Tories Labour citing the lack of space due to social distancing needed

Fraser & Wells are high up, if not top, of their respective Tory lists.

Enough people vote for the Tories that they will get back in regardless.
That is how the voting system is meant to work so that - whilst politically you & I don't agree with them - unionist voters aren't completely unrepresented in Holyrood.

A mass gaming of the system is likely to fail & I'm not sure even if you could do it that disenfranchising a big % of the electorate is the best way to persuade soft-No voters who vote Lab/Lib Dem (and yes, even Tory) that they should vote Yes next time.

Do you think there will be a traditional debate? I could see it just being SNP Tories Labour citing the lack of space due to social distancing needed
Salmond is still a big name and the BBC are still pushing this Salmond-Sturgeon feud nonsense.

They'll invite him on because they think he'll rock the boat with Sturgeon.

5 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Fraser & Wells are high up, if not top, of their respective Tory lists.

Enough people vote for the Tories that they will get back in regardless.
That is how the voting system is meant to work so that - whilst politically you & I don't agree with them - unionist voters aren't completely unrepresented in Holyrood.

A mass gaming of the system is likely to fail & I'm not sure even if you could do it that disenfranchising a big % of the electorate is the best way to persuade soft-No voters who vote Lab/Lib Dem (and yes, even Tory) that they should vote Yes next time.

It is not a gaming of the system. It is playing the cards you are dealt.

FPTP seems a fine system for the Tories to have an 80 seat majority and do what the hell they like as regards Scotland in the UK all on 44% of the vote.

This is well within the rules created for our Parliament. Those exact same rules that tried to ensure it was just an endless talking shop.

Unionist politicians and voters seem fine with the situation at Westminster. I really could not care less if they start mewling that "its just not fair" if supporters of independence take advantage and vote to get rid of them.

I say this as a supporter of Scottish Independence.

My SNP intelligentsia mates on social media seem dumbfounded by today's news - they just don't seem to know how to react.

Possibly because Salmond may have thrown a spanner in the works that could destroy everything that  he and his ex colleagues worked toward for countless years just to save his own ego.

Does Nipper really have any reliable support for this new mob, or is it merely a case of sabotage/revenge?

Providing Alba actually just do what Alex Salmond has said and stick to chasing the list vote and not anything daft like trying to take on the SNP in the constituency...... If it takes off.....the new party can only boost the cause of independence. This 2021 election might be a bit soon for any impact, but in time:

1) There is a probability of more pro indy list seats.

2) It will surely focus the SNP leadership's minds on what the majority of their electorate actually voted them in for......ie gaining independence. 

12 hours ago, Detournement said:

If 30% of SNP voters go SNP/Alba then it pretty much guarantees a majority for IndyRef2.

It's going to be funny watching loads of people who are apparently desperate for IndyRef2 and wouldn't actually vote SNP after independence explain why they don't want this.

It's going to be funny watching someone who claims their reason for not wanting independence or supporting the SNP is because their vision for Scotland is too right wing explain why they think a splinter group to the right of the SNP is a good thing.

9 hours ago, Jambomo said:

They only really see SNP as being the party of Independence. It’ll be spun that any votes for other party is a vote against it, even when the vote is for the Greens or Alba party. They do this already

That is what is frustrating about this, it’s going to just be the media talking about the feud between Sturgeon and Salmond and giving them the opportunity to take up the trial, the hearings, Sturgeons defence of breaking the ministerial code etc. 

This party isn’t for Independence. It’s to boost his ego by staying in the media and trying to be relevant again.

100%

This is what I was saying earlier, I think more Greens than Alba makes this argument harder due to the consistency of their support for the SNP whereas Alba would be conflated with the Salmond vs Sturgeon stuff.