Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

Just now, StandFree03 said:

What an utterly bizarre post. Did Griffiths score the equaliser or not? :huh:

He did. He didn't carry the team as the previous poster suggested or 'bail out Celtic' as he stated. Roberts made the goal for Griffiths.

Still leaping on absolutely anything I post with bizarre immediacy I see, otherwise I'd wonder why you were defending his point.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, StandFree03 said:

Are you actually arguing that Griffiths didn't bail out Celtic by scoring the equaliser? Are you sure you understand this whole football thing, what with the "we didn't lose m9" the other day too.

If you are going to have a hissy fit when people reply to your posts then maybe an online forum isn't for you either TBH.

You're just defending an inane point and backing up his misunderstanding that the person who scores a goal is the most important player. I'd suggest it's the pair of you who don't understand football.

We didn't lose the game of football, I fully acknowledge we lost a penalty shootout in a friendly.

I don't mind replies. The fact you leap on absolutely anything I post within moments causes me concern and is tedious.

14 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

Its hilarious to see fans of the mighty Celtic FC go from beating Barcelona to jizzing over drawing against a team of nobodies from kazakhstan :lol:

Not as half as hilarious as the reaction from Aberdeen fans will be when they go from thinking they can actually win the league to finishing behind a 4 year old club just promoted from the championship in the space of a season. 

4 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Griffiths clearly did bail out Celtic as he has done on countless occasions since he joined them.

If by 'bailing out' you mean 'scored a goal', isn't that what strikers are supposed to do?  Did Ronaldo bail out RM, or Kane bail out Spurs or Suarez bail out Barca?

It's not called a football team for nothing.

31 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Nobody said Griffiths was the most important player. His goals have bailed Celtic out time and time again though, just like the other day.

Was the penalty shootout not part of the game now? :lol:

And someone replying to your posts "causes concern"? Oh my.

A penalty shootout is not part of a game of football, nor was a coin toss when Celtic progressed past Benfica via one in 1970. A penalty shootout is a better way to break a tie than a coin toss and is more closely linked to football, but it is not part of a football match.

I do worry about you. What I can glean about your lifestyle from your posting seems troubling. I'm just a big-hearted guy and don't like to see anyone care this much about Celtic or what I have to say.

Finally, the poster you are defending so courageously did suggest Griffiths carries the team. This is occasionally the case, but not as much as most would have you believe. Football is a team game and I'd expect a competent striker to finish the chance Roberts created.

If by 'bailing out' you mean 'scored a goal', isn't that what strikers are supposed to do?  Did Ronaldo bail out RM, or Kane bail out Spurs or Suarez bail out Barca?

That doesn't mean an individual player can't drag a team out of trouble. If a player scores a goal that ends up making it 1-1 or 2-1 and a team gain 1 or 3 points In a match they should be winning that surely means he's bailed them out no?

That doesn't mean an individual player can't drag a team out of trouble. If a player scores a goal that ends up making it 1-1 or 2-1 and a team gain 1 or 3 points In a match they should be winning that surely means he's bailed them out no?

If if is then it's something most strikers do for every team all over the world

This one man bailout argument is the most tedious circular argument I've seen for a while.

Yup :lol:

Yup :lol:

Okay then. Do you think if Celtic didn't have Griffiths last season another player would've scored the amount of goals he did for them? His goals bailed them out from being very close to Aberdeen last season or even Aberdeen winning the league IMO.

Okay then. Do you think if Celtic didn't have Griffiths last season another player would've scored the amount of goals he did for them? His goals bailed them out from being very close to Aberdeen last season or even Aberdeen winning the league IMO.

I have absolutely zero idea, but every team has their striker, if you done that for every team you'd get the same result.

Aberdeen for example would've been nowhere near Celtic throughout the year if they never had Rooneys goals.

19 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

You are literally desperate to try and back up your claim that you weren't beaten by Leicester, it's actually frightening.

So not only are you a legal expert you're a psychologist and my lifestyle is "troubling". All because I had the audacity to disagree with you :lol:

If you placed a bet on Leicester to beat Celtic in the friendly, would the bookies pay out on the bet? Genuine question, as I'm unsure on how the pointless diddy friendlies league set up they are competing for works.

On the face of it I would expect that they would go with the result over 90 minutes?

If you placed a bet on Leicester to beat Celtic in the friendly, would the bookies pay out on the bet? Genuine question, as I'm unsure on how the pointless diddy friendlies league set up they are competing for works.

On the face of it I would expect that they would go with the result over 90 minutes?

Bookies always pay out on 90 minutes unless you specifically bet on someone to 'win the tie' or the like

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Bookies always pay out on 90 minutes unless you specifically bet on someone to 'win the tie' or the like

I assume that is the case for this daft friendly league as well? With the games going straight to penalties?

If so, that would suggest The OP is correct.

Player does what player is paid to do, shocker!!

20 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I assume that is the case for this daft friendly league as well? With the games going straight to penalties?

If so, that would suggest The OP is correct.

Notwithstanding that, if it went to extra time and Leicester scored again I'd wholeheartedly accept we were beaten, even though the bookies would have paid out on the draw.

A penalty shootout isn't a game of football, it's a way of breaking a tie when a winner is required. I didn't actually realise there was a daft trophy at stake in that game until Leicester supporters were posting pictures of it, which presumably helped necessitate the penalties.

Yours

The OP, LLB (Hons) and BSc in armchair psychology

What an absolute car crash the last few pages of this thread have been...I honestly have to question the mentality of anyone who gets invoved in it ( suppose that includes me now). But seriously guys, please take a right good look at yourselves.

There are a few on the thread who are absolutely gutted that Celtic managed to get a draw and effectively in the driving seat for the return fixture, especially with what they consider the worst Celtic squad ever assembled. :)

Archived