Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Romeo said:

Good result and looking forward to the game next week.

Kinky seething is a wee bit of icing on the cake.

Me?  I'm getting dragged in to various threads today for no apparent reason.  I have no issue with your desultory draw today and have praised 3 of your players.

OK so you're an absolute shower of c***s but I have been nothing but complimentary today.  No seethe from High Wycombe.

7 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Just shows how much of a diddy club Celtic are now that the fans consider this a "great result" :lol:

Aye, it does. I wonder what that makes the famous?

4 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

A diddy team, obviously :1eye

Absolutely hilarious to see the Celtic fans on here celebrating a 1-1 with a team of utter nobodies from Kazakhstan. Almost as hilarious as seeing them beaten by utter nobodies from gilbraltar :lol:

Glad we're both getting a kick out this one then mate. 

It'd be good though, if you could explain why its hilarious?

15 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Just shows how much of a diddy club Celtic are now that the fans consider this a "great result" :lol:

Give it a rest. That mob avoided defeat last season at home to Galtasaray, Benfica and Athletico Madrid. They are also 20 games into their season and therefore a lot fitter than us. 

It's a great result and definitely puts us in the driving seat going into next weeks game. 

I personally never thought much of Astana. Weird as they done ok in the champions last season, have they lost any players or that?

I saw posts after Celtic got through the last round saying they will defo go out to Astana. They scraped only scraped past a Lithuania diddy mob last round.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I personally never thought much of Astana. Weird as they done ok in the champions last season, have they lost any players or that?

I saw posts after Celtic got through the last round saying they will defo go out to Astana. They scraped only scraped past a Lithuania diddy mob last round.

Not sure what has happened to them to be honest. A guy on a Celtic forum works over there and says they have certainly got worse since last season but are still by far the best team in the country.

Not sure what has happened to them to be honest. A guy on a Celtic forum works over there and says they have certainly got worse since last season but are still by far the best team in the country.

I don't think they were a bad side, far from it. I was expecting better though. Maybe they are decent at home due to the heat,pitch, time difference etc. Most of their good results have been at home.

3 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Rangers fan at my work fist pumped the Astana goal like Rangers had just won the whole champs league. Fucking :1eye

I did a bit of fist pumping myself at that point.

It's probably not how I'd greet a Rangers win of the Champions' League, right enough.

Just now, Dominique Malonga said:

I don't think they were a bad side, far from it. I was expecting better though. Maybe they are decent at home due to the heat,pitch, time difference etc. Most of their good results have been at home.

Aye, if memory serves me, all their home games in the Champions League last season were drawn whereas all their away games were drubbings.

Aye, if memory serves me, all their home games in the Champions League last season were drawn whereas all their away games were drubbings.

Aye, I just had a wee look online. They seem to be decent at home. I reckon Celtic are favourites for the return leg but they'll need to be careful as this team are dangerous. If I was Rodgers I'd be trying to bring a decent central midfielder in.

Aye, I just had a wee look online. They seem to be decent at home. I reckon Celtic are favourites for the return leg but they'll need to be careful as this team are dangerous. If I was Rodgers I'd be trying to bring a decent central midfielder in.

I think if he is going to do that he needs to be very careful as we have an abundance of midfielders at the moment. Players like Forrest, Johansen etc will need to be punted if we are going to sign any more. 

I fancy us to beat them at Celtic Park, but I could see them scoring.  Like you say, Celtic will be favourites for it but we can't take anything for granted, like we found out against Red Imps.  I would rather we brought in another centre half and a forward.   In my opinion, the midfield is as good as we can realistically have it.  Plus, I'd like to see Allan feature more this season, whether or not that happens, I don't know.

I think if he is going to do that he needs to be very careful as we have an abundance of midfielders at the moment. Players like Forrest, Johansen etc will need to be punted if we are going to sign any more. 

To me Celtic lack quality in the centre of the park. Armstrong and McGregor won't cut it at this level imo. They're fine in the league but if you want to do anything in Europe you need better.

When you lot got to the last 16 you had Wanyama,Ledley, and Kayal. Ki sung-yueng was a class act too although he left at the start of that season. I agree that he does need to be careful though. Is johansen not going to Galatasaray ?

2 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

To me Celtic lack quality in the centre of the park. Armstrong and McGregor won't cut it at this level imo. They're fine in the league but if you want to do anything in Europe you need better.

When you lot got to the last 16 you had Wanyama,Ledley, and Kayal. Ki sung-yueng was a class act too although he left at the start of that season. I agree that he does need to be careful though. Is johansen not going to Galatasaray ?

Agreed, i think he is but it's went quiet over the last week

2 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Any other excuses lads? No mention of the pitch or temperature so far.

Shutup. If you don't think that's a good result then you are either stupid or on the wind up.

Archived