Dundee v Falkirk

The Master

To echo what everyone's already said, Dundee's options in the final third won them the game. If it wasn't already confirmed, we would be in trouble relying on Baird if we were to get promoted, however still a very capable player in the league below.

Would love to see Sibs in behind Austin next year, whether that'll happen only time will tell.

Missed Peter Grant tonight, especially for the latter two goals.

All the best in the next round Fundee.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we had a decent first half but the quality of strikers was the difference in the end. I also thought Hemmings was wrongly flagged offside once or twice and could easily have had a hatrick. Vaulks, sibbs and leahy had good games. Baird, McHugh and Taiwo were truly awful. Good luck to Dundee on the next round, it would be nice for the team that knocked us out to go far

Asides Dundees' first goal, no real complaints tonight. They were more clinical than us, which in the end was the difference

Their first was not only offside but it took a mad deflection, wind assisted which flew in off the bar. 1st half we were the better team by far and thought Sibbs caused so much problems. What a difference when a player plays in his best position

As for the other 2 goals, we were caught in possession and sucker punched at the other end. Leahy, unfortunately, had his worst game in months for us tonight and he untimately was to blame for a couple of the goals.

Good to see the crowd unite in the disapproval of Collum. Utter incompetent bawbag

Behave yourself.

Nobody's bitter; everyone has acknowledged the Fun deserved to win and wished them well.

I'm certain we were the better team in the first half though, and at least tried things other than your "punt it over the top for the fast lad" stuff.

Anyway, good luck.

To be fair, Falkirk were probably the better team in the first half. They had some neat play, it didn't amount to much and we probably shaded it chances wise, but they knocked it about the middle which was decent to watch if utterly devoid of truly threatening substance.

To be fair, Falkirk were probably the better team in the first half. They had some neat play, it didn't amount to much and we probably shaded it chances wise, but they knocked it about the middle which was decent to watch if utterly devoid of truly threatening substance.

This post makes it sound like we didn't score. Better team won though.

Behave yourself.

Nobody's bitter; everyone has acknowledged the Fun deserved to win and wished them well.

I'm certain we were the better team in the first half though, and at least tried things other than your "punt it over the top for the fast lad" stuff.

Anyway, good luck.

Lolwut as Vikington would say.

Falkirk's tactic seemed to be sit deep, hit on the counter fast and you had some splendid link-up play, but the initial 'hoof' as it were was always to Sibbald who dragged you up the pitch at pace.

As for the 'fast lad' Hemmings probably has a bit of pace, but I'd hardly consider him lightening quick - just because he's outrunning David McCracken. We're probably one of the slower attacking forces in the league with Loy, Hemmings, Harkins and Stewart being our main attacking threats.

Decent game with the wind a huge factor.

Collum and co really outdone themselves tonight. Absolute shit show but it worked in both teams favour more than once.

Falkirk matched us first half but both goals were a shambles - first refereeing wise and second gadzhalov-wise. Credit to the Falkirk front line for being alive to it though.

We strolled it 2nd half - Konrad came onto a game and covered well for gadzhalov until Julen came on.

Sibbald is a cracking player and will go on to great things but give me Gary Harkins over him every day of the week at the moment.

Some Dundee fans are arseholes (particularly a row of 5 in the directors box) - Nicky low had a poor game but constantly criticising him for retaining possession by playing it sideways or backwards is a joke. Our 2nd goal stemmed from him keeping the head and turning back for the easy ball rather than the hoof/World Cup pass these cretins were begging for.

John Baird and Mark Kerr exactly how I remember them despite Falkirk fans warnings - good championship players, not good enough for the step up. Still admire Bairds work ethic and persistence which helps cover his many flaws. Mark Kerr is dross.

Feel a bit for Falkirk- IMO that team easily wins the championship in any "normal" season - I'd say they lacked the big man up top a lot of championship clubs thrive on but Lee Miller probably fills that role. Unfortunately you will end up losing the best players to bigger teams and be left to rebuild by the time Rangers/Hibs are gone.

Alstons(?) first corner in the 2nd half was brilliant, driven in hard and flat.

Tommy Wright, Mark McGhee and I think the boy Paterson (Partick assistant or hearts connection maybe?) were in the stands -McGhee presumably for our upcoming fixture, Wright presumably for Alston but no idea on the other guy.

Mark McGhee is a p***k. Tommy Wright a pleasant chap - bottled asking him about o'halloran though :lol:

Alex Totten is a gent.

Here's a wee reminder of Falkirks place in comparison to Dundee - displayed in the boardroom this evening

post-32505-14538517358982_thumb.jpg

The merchant-slater trophy from the opening of your new ground.

This post makes it sound like we didn't score. Better team won though.

If you weren't at the game, you wouldn't understand the diabolicalness of what Gadzhalov was up to. If you were at the game, you'd have been stunned into silence and thanked the heavens for such an utter idiot to play pretty much your whole midfield and Baird onside by about 30 yards.

Dat linesman though. Collum was also awful but most of his poor decisions went in our favour.

One of Falkirk's free-kicks was after Collum - in the most dramatic way possible - waved away saying no foul, only to be contradicted by his linesman and instantly reach for his whistle. I'm sure I saw a hint of slight embarrassment. (The incident was a blatant foul).

Dundee won in a canter tonight and never got out of second gear. This was a jolly and far too easy. It's games like this you see where our teams frailties lie.

Said it for long and weary, we have no real pace up front. We lacked belief and physical presence at times.

Hopefully MrH is already plotting done replacements.

BTW, thought Harkins looked a cut above even though he had a quiet game by his standards, he just oozed class.

Disappointed in Rory tonight, made no attempt to even try to acknowledge the Falkirk supporters at the end of the game. Head down, eyes front, total blank, straight up the tunnel... Thought he was better than that!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the first goal again. When it happened, the Derry was sarcastically cheering the linesman anticipating him about to make an easy offside call and most of us were in disbelief which says quite a lot considering how delusional fans generally are regarding decisions like that. I've been trying to think if it was somehow a weird optical illusion because it was very odd.

He obviously wasn't injured though, didn't get any treatment after the goal, just got straight up as if nothing had happened.

He actually broke his leg but after losing the goal, he felt shamed and decided to fight through the pain and hide the injury.

One of Falkirk's free-kicks was after Collum - in the most dramatic way possible - waved away saying no foul, only to be contradicted by his linesman and instantly reach for his whistle. I'm sure I saw a hint of slight embarrassment. (The incident was a blatant foul).

Not only a foul but a booking IMO.

His theatrical wave of the hands initially in refuting the foul IMO prevented him from giving the deserved card.

He was choking for a penalty incident I thought. Btw that Baird handball decision is one of the worst I've ever seen.

w****r.

If you weren't at the game, you wouldn't understand the diabolicalness of what Gadzhalov was up to. If you were at the game, you'd have been stunned into silence and thanked the heavens for such an utter idiot to play pretty much your whole midfield and Baird onside by about 30 yards.

I barely saw a bit of our goal, just saw the ball bouncing round the box then hit the back of the net, wasn't complaining though.

Falkirk fans, please stop peddling the much better in the first half pish, it's not just wrong, but looks like you're bitter.

Peter Houston's interview after the match had Falkirk as the best team for the first 60 minutes.

OK, Peter.

Once a bawbag, always a bawbag.

Archived