Dundee v Falkirk

The Master

I'm really looking forward to seeing the first goal again. When it happened, the Derry was sarcastically cheering the linesman anticipating him about to make an easy offside call and most of us were in disbelief which says quite a lot considering how delusional fans generally are regarding decisions like that. I've been trying to think if it was somehow a weird optical illusion because it was very odd.

He actually broke his leg but after losing the goal, he felt shamed and decided to fight through the pain and hide the injury.

I was (5 pints deep but) bang in line with Hemmings for the first goal and he's at least 3 yards off - maybe more.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter Houston's interview after the match had Falkirk as the best team for the first 60 minutes.

OK, Peter.

Once a bawbag, always a bawbag.

Nah, thought Falkirk looked better for 60 mins but the second goal for me killed the game

I thought interview was pretty decent and a good account of the game.

"Better not meddle wi the Bairns O' Falkirk"

Peter Houston's interview after the match had Falkirk as the best team for the first 60 minutes.

OK, Peter.

I was amazed he never blamed the pitch.

Or the postponements.

Or claimed he'd turned down another, bigger club to focus on what he is building at Falkirk.

Nah, thought Falkirk looked better for 60 mins but the second goal for me killed the game

I thought interview was pretty decent and a good account of the game.

"Better not meddle wi the Bairns O' Falkirk"

With respect, your good self and Peter are reaching - it was an even first half and we cruised the 2nd.

If you want to say you edged the first half I won't argue too much but I thought the wind (which could have been a real advantage) actually hindered the respective team shooting towards the Shankly in each half.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the first goal again. When it happened, the Derry was sarcastically cheering the linesman anticipating him about to make an easy offside call and most of us were in disbelief which says quite a lot considering how delusional fans generally are regarding decisions like that. I've been trying to think if it was somehow a weird optical illusion because it was very odd.

As has already been said, the linesman called all the previous offsides correctly other than the Hemmings one where he was staring at Gary Harkins in an offside position on the other side of the pitch and decided to revert back to 1980s rules by raising his flag when the ball was played through to Hemmings. The pressure of the Derry giving him pelters obviously weighed heavy on his shoulders when he decided to let Kane have a pop despite being easily 2 yards offside.

The twelfth man worked wonders tonight.

I fucking love Dens under the lights in a midweek game.

OK, Peter.

I thought we could just about claim to be in the driving seat up until we gave the ball away for Dundee's second. After that there was a clear difference in quality between the teams.

Now just a Loy goal and it's a perfect night.

Spelling

Typo

Did Loy touch the ball ?

OK, Peter.

I agree with his thoughts, that we more than matched Dundee and that we were the better team up till 60 mins, the photographers may also have shared that thought also, four of them down our end compared to two up the other end. The issue for me is that Sibbald didnt come out for the 2nd half, he was definitely in the mood the first half, albeit Collum ignoiring a few fouls on him, he still showed what he has in his locker, tho two of the Dundee goals came from Sibbald losing the ball cheaply, the third with Leahy and him in the final third, leaving a clean run up the left handside for Dundee to score. Id rather go out attacking than sitting deep hoping something happens.

Grant was a huge miss at the back tonight and with attacking set piece play, what won Dundee the game was the 2nd goal and with us attacking leaving gaps and the balance not being correct with Sibbs a little half hearted at left mid after Taiwo who didnt seem fully fit but was disciplined. Sibbs also had a superb chance if he had took it on his right but basically was very much like Hagi(Craig McPherson) and wouldnt use his right foot. Bain also produced two superb saves from Vaulks shots, one in first half and one in the 2nd half, also Vaulks having a shot just screwing wide. Overall fairly chuffed with performance first 60 mins, fell away and a little more strength and depth and luck, who knows.....

all the best in the next round.....

Dundee won in a canter tonight and never got out of second gear. This was a jolly and far too easy. It's games like this you see where our teams frailties lie.

Said it for long and weary, we have no real pace up front. We lacked belief and physical presence at times.

Hopefully MrH is already plotting done replacements.

BTW, thought Harkins looked a cut above even though he had a quiet game by his standards, he just oozed class.

Disappointed in Rory tonight, made no attempt to even try to acknowledge the Falkirk supporters at the end of the game. Head down, eyes front, total blank, straight up the tunnel... Thought he was better than that!

I was sitting near the back in the Shankly; no wonder he didn't acknowledge your lot, they were giving him pelters the entire time he was on. Falkirk fans barely mustered a mild chatter of applause when he came on the pitch, he definitely didn't owe you any acknowledgement.

the photographers may also have shared that thought also, four of them down our end compared to two up the other end.

Four photographers without a clue then :unsure2: - all the fun was happening right in front of me

CZsCl1dXEAAhBvJ.png

Some pics from the correct end of the pitch - http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/26-01-2016-Dundee-v-Falkirk-Scottish-Cup/G0000v.6s4hKGo4w/

Dad took the nephew btw. Thought Falkirk were good if toothless a bit. Much better than the Hibs game, and should still be good enough to have a go at the top. Dundee were ruthless and seemed to just have the edge on quality. Did just about enough, and didn't really go through the gears.

Seem about right?

I thought we could just about claim to be in the driving seat up until we gave the ball away for Dundee's second. After that there was a clear difference in quality between the teams.

FWIW I agree with you. I felt that (their relative toothlessness in the final third aside) Falkirk had a slight edge over us until our second goal, after which we were in complete control and saw out the match comfortably.

We were carrying three utter bombscares in Low, Holt, and Ghadzalov tonight. My heart was in my throat whenever the ball got near any of them.

Dundee won in a canter tonight and never got out of second gear. This was a jolly and far too easy. It's games like this you see where our teams frailties lie.

Said it for long and weary, we have no real pace up front. We lacked belief and physical presence at times.

Hopefully MrH is already plotting done replacements.

BTW, thought Harkins looked a cut above even though he had a quiet game by his standards, he just oozed class.

Disappointed in Rory tonight, made no attempt to even try to acknowledge the Falkirk supporters at the end of the game. Head down, eyes front, total blank, straight up the tunnel... Thought he was better than that!

Have a word with yourself. He doesn't play for us anymore, he doesn't need to acknowledge us in any way. If you were in early enough, he was applauded going down the tunnel pre match, but even that was a bit cringey.

Bairds a championship striker and nothing more. We all know that and its obvious that you need better in the top flight. Hartley realised that at dundee who had the likes of nade and mcdonald playing up top when they won the league. Considering we were playing a good premiership side on their home patch missing one of our most influential players i thought we did ok.

Bairds a championship striker and nothing more. We all know that and its obvious that you need better in the top flight. Hartley realised that at dundee who had the likes of nade and mcdonald playing up top when they won the league. Considering we were playing a good premiership side on their home patch missing one of our most influential players i thought we did ok.

Just for info Bairdy left when we still had Bomber (eek) in charge

Guest Back Post Misses

As I said in the end Dundee deserved to win.

Three frustrating things for me

1. Three players short last night and it showed.

2. Houston going back into his safety first shell with Baird up front on his own.

3. Both Hibs and Rangers are better overall sides than Dundee IMO and we have played so much better against them.

Again good luck to Dundee

Guest Back Post Misses

Have a word with yourself. He doesn't play for us anymore, he doesn't need to acknowledge us in any way. If you were in early enough, he was applauded going down the tunnel pre match, but even that was a bit cringey.

Who gives 2 hoots about Loy any more really?

Archived