Dundee v Falkirk

The Master

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a flattering score line ! ... But Dundee took their chances so fair play to them ! Falkirk played excellent till the 3rd goal knocked it out of them , night and day to Saturday's performance at livi! Toothless up front ! In need of a pacer striker that isn't all about fancy flicks , get it down and rattle it !

Fair enough result IMO. Felt we were the better team in the first half but totally fell out of the game once Dundee got ahead never felt we were going to get back into it.

Houston got the team right tonight but should have been quicker with the sub(s) Taiwo was tiring and was badly at fault for the second goal and it's a mystery why he didn't bring O'Hara on. His pace would've caused some problems at least.

Disappointed with Baird tonight played well enough in the first half but like the team poor in the second and thought Alston was stinking for the majority of the game. Very poor.

For the first hour Sibbs was excellent he showed the difference when we are able to play him in his best position. Fancy him to run the show on Saturday.

What was the deal with Gadz at the equaliser? I didn't see anything from where I was, I was too busy thinking "OH MY FUCKING LORD...JOHN BAIRD IS GOING TO SCORE AGAINST US".

Baird is exactly the player I remember for us ie. Not very good.

Pretty convinced that McGinn fell asleep for their goal, so no surprises there.

Hemmings first was offside by a yard or two. Prior to that the linesman got all bar one decision correct, despite our fans protestations. The one he got wrong would've put Hemmings through on goal for a one on one also.

Even first half in my eyes. Falkirk looked harder, and more determined in the first, whereas we continue to look weak, soft and fragile at the back. Really hope that is Gadzhalovs last game in a Dundee shirt as the lad gives me nightmares.

The second was good from McGinn going forward, great ball and finish.

The third? Well if you see a better counter-attack goal in the Cup this season it'll be a shock to me, because that was a pearler.

Archived