Dundee v Falkirk

The Master

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a word with yourself. He doesn't play for us anymore, he doesn't need to acknowledge us in any way. If you were in early enough, he was applauded going down the tunnel pre match, but even that was a bit cringey.

When you read some of the ridiculous stuff on here from a few of our fans about him it's no wonder he didn't acknowledge them anyway.

As I said in the end Dundee deserved to win.

Three frustrating things for me

1. Three players short last night and it showed.

2. Houston going back into his safety first shell with Baird up front on his own.

3. Both Hibs and Rangers are better overall sides than Dundee IMO and we have played so much better against them.

Again good luck to Dundee

We'll politely ignore we were playing a centre back pairing from the Super Dundonian Nightmare.

Looked much better when Julen came on and will only get better when he's paired with Diddly O'Dea.

Your entitled to your opinion on the overall merits of the 2 championship clubs vs Dundee, and you may well be correct, but it's worth noting we were barely out of 2nd gear in the 2nd half and still looked the more dangerous side.

Back for the weekend I believe

Good. I believe it only takes him 15 minutes to grow a full beard anyway.

I'd like to thank the Falkirk fans for providing some hilarity and headsgone in equal measure and then being gracious in defeat. The way a match thread should be imo, although the acceptance of defeat and lack of headsgone post-match is a tad disappointing.

This has been playing on my mind today - just a wee quirk in the football rules. Before I start I am not complaining about Falkirks goal at all, it was completely legal and a culmination of a shitebag at Centre half, poor awareness from the rest of the defence and excellent opportunistic play from Baird. It's more just an observation.

My point is that had a striker been lying, to all intents and purposes, injured in an offside position when a ball is played through for a runner from deep who is onside and proceeds to score, the injured player is ignored as he is clearly not involved with play at that time and the goal correctly stands.

If a defender is lying, to all intents and purposes, injured way behind the rest of the outrushing defensive line with 2 attacking players using him to keep themselves onside, why is he not ignored as he is clearly not involved with play?

I know the rules are usually designed to provide a slight edge to the attacking side to encourage exciting games and in no way am I suggesting this rule should ever be changed but I just find the difference between the status of an attacking and defensive player in his context interesting - anyone with a bit more knowledge of the rules got any insight?

This has been playing on my mind today - just a wee quirk in the football rules. Before I start I am not complaining about Falkirks goal at all, it was completely legal and a culmination of a shitebag at Centre half, poor awareness from the rest of the defence and excellent opportunistic play from Baird. It's more just an observation.

My point is that had a striker been lying, to all intents and purposes, injured in an offside position when a ball is played through for a runner from deep who is onside and proceeds to score, the injured player is ignored as he is clearly not involved with play at that time and the goal correctly stands.

If a defender is lying, to all intents and purposes, injured way behind the rest of the outrushing defensive line with 2 attacking players using him to keep themselves onside, why is he not ignored as he is clearly not involved with play?

I know the rules are usually designed to provide a slight edge to the attacking side to encourage exciting games and in no way am I suggesting this rule should ever be changed but I just find the difference between the status of an attacking and defensive player in his context interesting - anyone with a bit more knowledge of the rules got any insight?

I presume to stop the last defender just dropping down and playing injured at every attack.

Archived