Dunfermline vs Ross County/Ross County vs Dunfermline (replay)

County's first goal was a cracker, albeit incurred from rather shite defending from us.

That's the first time I've sat in the Norrie for many years. You can't see anything on the far side so would need to see the penalty incident again, but at first it looked like a stone-waller.

NB: I bloody hate teams that swap sides before kick off!

May have missed the mistakes but it didn't seem we did that much wrong defensively at the goal, to me it looked like county just showing the extra pace and sharpness that premiership clubs have, combined with a decent finish and its probably nit pickling to have a go, I doubt another league 1 side would have scored there.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone from the Aberdeen area going to the replay? I'm desperate to go to this game. Pars fan, Staggie or otherwise!

I'm really tempted by it. Train times are shite, haven't looked at Buses yet.

Great game of cup football today. I'm particularly pleased that we came back so strongly after losing such an early goal, as I didn't see that coming. We'd hardly touched the ball before it went 1-0, so to recover from that and make the two good chances that Moffat couldn't take, then deservedly get the equaliser, was good going.

That was a really well-contested game. County looked physically stronger than us and probably a bit better on the ball as well, but for all that it was us who had by far the majority of the good chances in the game. Most of the County fans applauded their side off at the end as well, and presumably appreciated what was a good game of football.

Been a while since I had a proper rant at a referee, but I did today and it was justified. We got nothing from him in the first half, even if you don't take into account the foul he missed in the lead-up to the penalty. I was particularly pissed off with what Brian Graham got away with - every time it was played long he was fouling his marker, usually having a wee deliberate push long before the ball got there.

That shouldn't detract from a good Pars display though, with Josh Falkingham having a great game, moreso second half. County looked physically strong and were quite good on the break when we over-committed going forward but they looked ropey at the back.

We were a bit unlucky not to get through, and with County having a decent home record it'll be hard going in the replay, but we do still have a chance. This will be our 7th game in Dingwall, with 5 of those 7 being Tuesday nights. The last time there saw a glorious finish and a proper 'jump about like a fanny' celebration, when Martin Hardie headed the winner with the very last action of the game. I liked Victoria Park as it was with the wee open terrace behind the goal, so will be interesting to see how it compares now.

Sounds like a cracking game. From all the reports I've heard it sound like Dunfermline were excellent and can consider themselves unlucky not to have won.

Glad Schalk played well, and that we didn't lose, obviously.

From a County point of view though, I'm getting tired of saying/being told:

• "our defending was poor today, <<insert opposition player with any pace/skill>> got through us again and again";
  • "our midfield didn't offer much protection, <<insert Woods/Other midfielder>> didn't looking interested in tracking back at all!";
  • and, "Graham was quiet again, didn't really get involved."

Keen to see Robertson back, until recently I thought he was our most solid defender, certainly gives me the shits a lot less than Davies or Boyd.

Doesn't help address the holes in midfield though...

How were our set pieces today (penalty aside)? :unsure2:

Was I dreaming about us playing Ross County as I'm sure I saw a comment from a Cowdenbeath supporter.You know who I mean that team that aren't in the SC as they got knocked out earlier.

Was I dreaming about us playing Ross County as I'm sure I saw a comment from a Cowdenbeath supporter.You know who I mean that team that aren't in the SC as they got knocked out earlier.

Think you were dreaming mate, Cowdenbeath play rangers tomorrow ....

Sorry if this has already been asked but how did the signing of El Bakhtaoui come about. Sounds an interesting story according to sportscene looks a real find

He really looks like an excellent player. I can imagine there are a few clubs in the top league looking at him.

With vardy on the scene just shows you it's never too late perhaps clubs are missing out on late developers. So many average robotic players with little ability in our football great to see someone fresh who's obviously not been shaped by the system

Archived