Are you a terrorist sympathiser?

HTG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so and I don't see this as a right or left issue. By P&B standards Genghis Khan is a Morning Star columnist compared to me but I'd certainly vote against us (further) bombing Syria.

As Rab said earlier,"I don't think it's been properly explained what we hope to achieve...or indeed what the forward plan is."

I really dislike agreeing with you, as you know, but dead on. The two questions that I think are fundamental to us approving further action simply haven't been answered: To what end? And then what?

The fact that we have already seen the PM slander anyone who is against this as a rapist apologist and this mythical 70k allies, just makes it all the more likely that big Dave isn't making a solid argument, because he can't. Because there isn't one. While the arguments against stack up from the floor to the ceiling.

Which makes you wonder who's pulling his strings.

I saw the repellent Nadine Dorries on TV yesterday morning and she was being almost cartoonish in her OTT theatrical attempts at manipulating people into agreeing with war. It was all references to crying children, the blow flowing in the streets of Paris, the absolute tragedy which will draw the heartstrings of any good Britisher to ride into Syria on the back of a fighter jet, crying "ya boo sux to you, Johnny Foreigner!"

Her entire crass parody of a performance just raised the question, "what are you people really do desirous of this for that you'll pull out all the emotional stops to get public approbation? What's your vested interest here, you cynical, lying b*****ds?"

Difference being that some of the right wing oppose strikes for strategic reasons, because they don't see what can be achieved, whereas the leftists would oppose strikes under any circumstances and are happy to see ISIS prosper and I literally have no idea why.

Are you suggesting they are terrorist sympathisers?

He sure is.

I'm a Guardian reading, SNP voting centre left person and I would vote yes to bombing if there was a - a coherent plan and one formulated with Vlad, b - a clear exit strategy and c - a rebuilding program which there won't be.

That is the reason why I am against bombing. Vlad at least knows what he wants (Assad in power) and is working towards it. The U.K. Doesn't have a clue about anything other than 'we must do something' which will involve making craters bigger.

He sure is.

I'm a Guardian reading, SNP voting centre left person and I would vote yes to bombing if there was a - a coherent plan and one formulated with Vlad, b - a clear exit strategy and c - a rebuilding program which there won't be.

That is the reason why I am against bombing. Vlad at least knows what he wants (Assad in power) and is working towards it. The U.K. Doesn't have a clue about anything other than 'we must do something' which will involve making craters bigger.

Yes. Alan Duncan's speach was pretty much this.

Loads of Snp stories doing the rounds just now fide,think i can smell that smoke getting stronger day by day

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/12/01/dundee-councillor-charged-over-alleged-assault-at-snp-office/

When you have a 500% increase in membership, these things will happen. I trust the SNP will root out and get rid of any dubious characters as and when they turn up.

Let's not, however, pretend that the SNP are alone in having a roaster or two amongst their ranks.

I really dislike agreeing with you, as you know, but dead on. The two questions that I think are fundamental to us approving further action simply haven't been answered: To what end? And then what?

There's worse, Tashy. What you were really agreeing with was a quote from RedRob so it's a double whammy. You'd better go for a wee lie down ;)

Aside from the points you made (which I agree with) I really don't buy in to the 'no boots on the ground' line. I hate 'thin end of the wedge' arguments but I suspect this is one.

There's worse, Tashy. What you were really agreeing with was a quote from RedRob so it's a double whammy. You'd better go for a wee lie down ;)

Aside from the points you made (which I agree with) I really don't buy in to the 'no boots on the ground' line. I hate 'thin end of the wedge' arguments but I suspect this is one.

Ah ken, total red neck for me!

The only way to deny access to ground, establish security and provide the necessary logistics to do any kind of rebuilding is with ground forces. I find the "it's ok to poke them with a big stick from the air but woe betide we put any boys and girls in actual harms way" argument utterly fatuous and a bit offensive. Make the case for doing it properly and people will hopefully support you.

Right now that dish-faced pig fucking c**t is failing to make the case for something that simply will not work. While accusing people who point this out of being a collaborator. I just hope he is around long enough to be held to account for the impending mega-shambles and loss of life,

He sure is.

There's also next to no credible targets to bomb - the US and its other allies have hardly been struggling for aerial superiority against a bunch of tinks in pick-up trucks over the past few months. Anything that can be bombed is being bombed while the leadership holes up in city centres. The UK and its busted flush forces will achieve precisely nothing anyway.

There's also next to no credible targets to bomb - the US and its other allies have hardly been struggling for aerial superiority against a bunch of tinks in pick-up trucks over the past few months. Anything that can be bombed is being bombed while the leadership holes up in city centres. The UK and its busted flush forces will achieve precisely nothing anyway.

Too many bombs and not enough targets at the Lockheed Arms fair.

Tonight's vote will prove labour and the tories ate two cheeks of the same warmongering arse. Cameron even has the audacity to say publicly in the house that when IS strike the UK in retaliation it will have nothing to do with todays decision. What a bunch of morons the lot of them.

Archived