Dumbarton v St. Mirren

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's now four games since Miller came in, two draws and two defeats. I read the Miller appointment as an indication Murray would be given until the start of January rather than getting sacked after another couple of bad results, but surely he can't survive this?

I for one am shocked we have not improved since Miller arrived. You see all our problems were caused by Spalding. Well, that and the fact Murray wasn't coming out of his dugout to scream at the players.

Good riddance. Miller to be appointed imminently no doubt.

Most opposition fans on here said he would be a great appointment for us, was everyone just taking the piss aye? :lol:

The Dumbarton fans got it spot on though. Pretty much everything they predicted came true.

We're not as daft as we look!

I was one of the Sons fans that predicted Muzz would struggle. How apt that it came after his first visit back to the Rock.

Apparently he's utterly seething...

We're not as daft as we look!

I was one of the Sons fans that predicted Muzz would struggle. How apt that it came after his first visit back to the Rock.

Apparently he's utterly seething...

Aye it just shows how much it hasn't worked out that its ended so quick.

What's he seething about? The abuse our fans gave him? Our support can be quite vicious.

Never said it before, but if Dumbarton win on Saturday then Murray will be sacked.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this one. If nothing else Saturday should show who's behind the manager and who wants/couldn't care less if he was punted.

^^^ITK

Great fight and effort from sons today. Our 2 cb's and 2 cm's were excellent. We must keep darren barr and jamie lindsay.

Thought wee donald done ok and that he should get another start next week.

Didnt think the og in the first half was a foul.

We've edged another tight game and that speaks volumes for the effort and commitment of the players, delighted.

As far as murray goes, I think half the problem with st mirren is the dressing room and the experienced players.

Murrays biggest impact on our squad had been introducing a higher degree of professionalism and gained respect from a higher level of experience than the squad. Guys like goodwin or thompson cant have regarded him as a manager to be respected

Totally deserved result, Lindsay outstanding, peach of a goal by our Garry Fleming, Webster got away with murder using his hands all over Mccallum the whole game, nothing wrong with our first goal either, referee as bad as I've seen, great performance, clean sheet,

As far as murray goes, I think half the problem with st mirren is the dressing room and the experienced players.

Murrays biggest impact on our squad had been introducing a higher degree of professionalism and gained respect from a higher level of experience than the squad. Guys like goodwin or thompson cant have regarded him as a manager to be respected

Over the last few weeks I have found myself wondering more and more how much of the good job Murray did at yourselves was down to him bringing techniques and methods the players wouldn't be used to because they hadn't as high a level as him rather than any great ability as a manager. Hard to tell when someone with his background takes a job a few levels below where they've played - same with the likes of Hasselbaink at Burton Albion.

Over the last few weeks I have found myself wondering more and more how much of the good job Murray did at yourselves was down to him bringing techniques and methods the players wouldn't be used to because they hadn't as high a level as him rather than any great ability as a manager. Hard to tell when someone with his background takes a job a few levels below where they've played - same with the likes of Hasselbaink at Burton Albion.

I said just that a few weeks ago and I honestly think that was his secret. He brought a whole new level of professionalism to us which we simply didn't have under Adamson. He's gone to a bigger club and realised they already have all the professionalism...so can't change things in the way he did with us.

That was one of the best team performances I've seen from the Sons in this division. When Jim was announcing the man of the match, you could hardly have grudged any player the award.

The passing at stages was like pinball but that is a small criticism. A thoroughly deserved victory. The disallowed goal was a curiosity - particularly when about six far more serious infringements met with a 'play- on' from the apparently bewildered and clueless referee.

The comedy moment was the (incorrect) awarding of a foul against McCallum for being responsible for a St Mirren defender's swallow dive when the said defender was about double the size and weight of the wee man.

No pleasure from me in Ian Murray's fate but that's fitba'

Archived